Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brbluewill

Quote from: newportnobby on March 16, 2013, 04:03:16 PM
Quote from: gwrwill on March 15, 2013, 11:08:36 PM
Quote from: petercharlesfagg on March 15, 2013, 10:33:57 PM
Quote from: Lawrence on March 15, 2013, 10:14:33 PM
My jaw no longer hurts after the mahoosive tooth was wrenched from my jaw earlier this week.  It could just be that the bottle of Shiraz I had tonight is taking effect though :D
Either way I'm quite happy tonight  ;D ;D

I must say that I'm surprised, I would have thought that it was single malt that was more appropriate!

As a sassenach I have enjoyed a glass of Dalwhinnie this evening!

Glad the mouth is recovering!

regards Peter.

why would you refer to yourself as sassenach ???up here that is a derogatory term for the english :D

Don't we know it ;) Probably one of many.

having been born in england i have been on the receiving end a few times :D :D
Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

jonclox

:bounce: :bounce: My stairlifts just arrived and being installed  :) :)
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

keerout

Ah, the stairway to heaven..  :headbang:
Gerard.

jonclox

Quote from: jonclox on March 22, 2013, 11:23:48 AM
:bounce: :bounce: My stairlifts just arrived and being installed  :) :)
Well its installed.working and so far so good :bounce:
BUT
Its got a electric sound module and goes 'beep and woosh' when working and  and I rather wanted a steam module that 'whistles and puffs' as it goes along its track  ;)
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

scotsoft

You will have to get one of those units fitted that go under the baseboard that whistles and chuffs  ;)
No doubt this will be a great attraction for everyone and they will all want to have a go  :doh:

cheers John.

Newportnobby

I used to whistle and puff going upstairs :-[
Now I live in a bungalow I just whistle :whistle:

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: newportnobby on March 23, 2013, 01:39:25 PM
I used to whistle and puff going upstairs :-[
Now I live in a bungalow I just whistle :whistle:

I've heard that showers and baths are good at curing whistling!
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

cycletrak9

I once shared a flat where there was no lock on the bathroom door - i did a lot of whistling in the bath and the shower

longbridge

Spent half of my childhood trying to whistle but in the end I gave it up, very sad   :'(
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Skyline2uk

I have just repaired by first every n gauge loco  :bounce:

66135 came a cropper (in public, had some neighbours round last night, very  :doh: :-[) and I thought that a gear had broken.

I was on the verge of sending it off to BR Bob, or selling it (see rant on angry thread) but beloved suggested I have a crack at fixing it before flogging it off as "spares or repair".

That I did and I am thrilled with the running loco that has resulted.

If you are interested, have a look at "Filton TMD" thread for explanation of my work.

Happy Bunny

Skyline2uk

AC

Had a nice day at the Dean Forest Railway today. Bit cold on the platforms though, but I bought a few GWR books while I was there to add to my collection.
My NGF Layout Thread: Stanley Yard; a Model Railway in a Toolbox
My NGF Workbench Thread: AC's Occasional Modelling Thread

My Modelling Blog (Multiple Scales): AC's Miscellaneous Model Mixture Blog
My Old Website: AC's Stuff

Caz

As part of my layout is modelled on the Fairford Branch, Bampton station from info obtained from www.fairfordbranch.co.uk I wanted to obtain a couple of the books recommended in the site's bibliography.

Managed to find "Branch Line to Fairford" by Mitchell & Smith reasonably easy from ABE books (highly recommended source for second hand books) and thought I'd also found the more informative "Fairford Branch" by Stanley Jenkins.  I also ordered this but had a reply from the seller they no longer had a copy and had sold it some while ago.  :(

Had a real good Google and found copies on eBay from USA sellers for $159 a copy, they've got to be joking, page 5 of Google turned up trumps though.  Didn't know that Oxfam has a second hand book selling site and it came up on there for £12 plus £3 postage, nice one, do me, so I ordered it.  http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/books

It arrived today in as new condition plus signed by the author, result.   :claphappy:   :claphappy:   :claphappy:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

scotsoft

Quote from: whiteswan on March 25, 2013, 10:05:28 AM
Had a real good Google and found copies on eBay from USA sellers for $159 a copy, they've got to be joking, page 5 of Google turned up trumps though.  Didn't know that Oxfam has a second hand book selling site and it came up on there for £12 plus £3 postage, nice one, do me, so I ordered it.  http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/books

It arrived today in as new condition plus signed by the author, result.   :claphappy:   :claphappy:   :claphappy:

Only problem is when you export it Caz, there will be $147 duty to pay  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

Pengi

Didn't know Oxfam had a book selling site.  :thankyousign: They have loads of railway books including the Middleton press. And some Trix Twin model railway sets.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

daveg

Neither did I, so thank you Caz.

I'm a regular visitor to their excellent shop in Sevenoaks where there is usually a good selection of railway books.

I shall make a detailed tour of the site this evening.

Dave G

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations