!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Happy thread  (Read 264519 times)

Online Skyline2uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
Re: Happy thread
« Reply #3600 on: February 10, 2018, 01:34:53 pm »
 :laughabovepost:

I could say the same about my post good sir!

I know you well enough by now  :D

Skyline2uk

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #3601 on: February 10, 2018, 01:49:42 pm »
:laughabovepost:

I could say the same about my post good sir!

I know you well enough by now  :D

Skyline2uk

Thanks. Generally, if there's nothing left to be said, I always manage to say it :-[

Online Bob Tidbury

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #3602 on: March 06, 2018, 08:35:12 pm »
Just to say Im a Happy Chappy after several attempts   and ideas and help from several members and a mate I have finally managed to get Facebook back up and running again .without Facebook ,Messenger but most of all the Forum I would be lost.
Bob Tidbury

Offline Papyrus

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 3333
    • Awards
« Reply #3603 on: March 16, 2018, 06:02:27 pm »
If you are not a dog person, this is not for you...

We have 3 dogs, all related, but 2 are not relevant to this story. Marco, our old dog, was a rehome who came into our lives just before his 8th birthday. He is now 15ĺ and not in the best of health. He contracted bowel disease and the vets tried him on a variety of special diets and ferociously expensive drugs which gave him the runs and made his fur fall out. In the end we unilaterally took him off the drugs and managed his diet ourselves and he started to perk up a bit. Then on Tuesday morning, he wasn't able to get up. I carried him into the garden to do his business, but he couldn't bear his own weight. Wednesday was the same and we were getting worried, although he still had an appetite. That evening, we had The Big Conversation and decided this could no longer continue, so we decided we would phone the vet for the last time in the morning.

Thursday morning we phoned the vet and made an appointment for 2pm. I gave him a bit of breakfast and carried him into the garden. As I put him down, his head came up, he set off along the path, had a little potter about, and walked back up the steps and into the house! We were open-mouthed. We kept the vet appointment so the she could check him over and by the evening he was almost back to normal. It's not the first time we have wondered if he was on his way out, but this is the first time we have made the decision to send him on his way and he has done the dog equivalent of giving us a rude gesture and saying "Up yours, sunshine!"

He really is the most remarkable dog. He's been through a lot in his little life and is one of life's survivors. He's still frail, but he ain't ready to go yet.

Cheers,

Chris
"As I always say, it's a funny old world. Do you always say that? Oh good." (Jill Tweedie)

Offline Jerry Howlett

• N Gauge Society Number: 11284
    • Awards
« Reply #3604 on: March 16, 2018, 06:05:39 pm »
A lovely tale or is that tail.

Rescue dogs rule.  xxx
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Online RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #3605 on: March 16, 2018, 06:13:41 pm »

I disagree Chris. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit

I'm supporting Project Railway Honour

Offline austinbob

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23835
    • Awards
« Reply #3606 on: March 16, 2018, 06:17:07 pm »
Good result. Dogs are wonderful. We're looking to get another greyhound to fill the gap opened up from the demise of our last rescue greyhound
 :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Offline Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #3607 on: March 16, 2018, 06:24:26 pm »
Hi Chris
Thanks for sharing your good news
For me you cannot measure the joy our dogs give us and I share your relief that yours is not ready to stop that at the moment
Best wishes
Dennis & Gnasher
Her name is Dolly actually
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Offline tutenkhamunsleeping

• N Gauge Society Number: 23866
  • 2mm Association Number: 4854
    • Ebay
    • YouTube
    • My Rail Photos
    • Awards
« Reply #3608 on: March 16, 2018, 07:54:30 pm »
Heart-warming news, Chris.  We had a spaniel who survived what I thought was a one way trip to the vet on not one but two occasions!  Every extra day is a minor miracle :thumbsup:

Iím thinking of getting rescue greyhounds next time around 8)

Offline austinbob

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23835
    • Awards
« Reply #3609 on: March 16, 2018, 08:23:14 pm »
Greyhounds are incredible dogs. Quiet (very rarely bark). Shed hair very little; very affectionate: Easily house trained: So beautiful in shape and demeanour.
Contrary to popular opinion they don't need a lot of exercise, maybe half hour walk/run twice a day. Must be on lead unless properly recall trained. But.. If you can let them safely off the lead then to see them run is a joy to behold.
Be prepared to lose your sofa to hour favourite hound.
When they get older, prepare to mortgage your house to pay for dental care, arthritis and dodgy joints.  BUT... once you've had a greyhound you'll be hooked.  :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #3610 on: March 16, 2018, 09:04:57 pm »

I disagree Chris. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

I'll second that. I'm a cat lover and no great lover of canines but that was a very touching story.

Offline Papyrus

• N Gauge Society Number: 3333
    • Awards
« Reply #3611 on: March 17, 2018, 06:01:52 pm »
Greyhounds are incredible dogs. Quiet (very rarely bark). Shed hair very little; very affectionate: Easily house trained: So beautiful in shape and demeanour.
Contrary to popular opinion they don't need a lot of exercise, maybe half hour walk/run twice a day. Must be on lead unless properly recall trained. But.. If you can let them safely off the lead then to see them run is a joy to behold.
Be prepared to lose your sofa to hour favourite hound.
When they get older, prepare to mortgage your house to pay for dental care, arthritis and dodgy joints.  BUT... once you've had a greyhound you'll be hooked.  :beers:

I've always had a soft spot for greyhounds, but my wife's not keen on short-haired dogs. Also we have a cat, who is quite happy to boss our 3 dogs around but I think a greyhound might be too much, even for her!

Thanks for all the replies, folks. The old boy is still doing well. So well, in fact, that we felt able to put him in the back of the car and take him and the girls into his favourite caff in the village where they give them treats and we traditionally sacrifice a corner of toast. The blood test said he was anaemic, so we are feeding him cooked liver!!

Cheers,

Chris
"As I always say, it's a funny old world. Do you always say that? Oh good." (Jill Tweedie)

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #3612 on: March 17, 2018, 06:10:45 pm »
When you're smiling, when you're smiling, the whole world smiles with you :music:

Online Skyline2uk

• Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #3613 on: March 18, 2018, 12:28:44 am »
I would happily describe myself as an ďAmimalĒ person, having been raised by a mother who simply didnít dislike any living creature.

Fast forward to her early ďAhemĒ ies when she was found holding a large Mexican Red-Kneed Tarantula at the invite of London Zoo.

I also found above story very moving, despite never owning a Dog.

Anyway, like @newportnobby , I own cats and thought the forum would enjoy this photo taken on Thursday night:

At first glance these two (brother and sister) are working as a cunning team. Until you realise that the larger lump (Brother, Nimitz) is actually making no use of his smaller (Sister, Crumble) sibling as a height boost at all.

Skyline2uk

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #3614 on: March 18, 2018, 02:13:29 pm »
@Chris in Prague
I'd just like to thank CiP for sponsoring John McPhee in the Moto3 class of MotoGP :thumbsup:

https://johnmcphee.co.uk

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £75.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
136% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything