The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Oldman on September 02, 2012, 04:49:07 PM
Gutted was just about to put on Dire Straights (33 1/3) Power cut .   grrrrrrrrrrr

Power cuts ?.

You know NOTHING we get them here every time there is a thunderstorm  :veryangry: The village is lucky to get 6Kw on a good day in fact its starting to rain now so could get off any se........
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

scotsoft

Gutted was just about to put on Dire Straights (33 1/3) Power cut .   grrrrrrrrrrr

Well you are in Dire Straights now  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

Oldman

Quote from: scotsoft on September 02, 2012, 05:04:07 PM

Well you are in Dire Straights now  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:
Was just going to cook dinner as well
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Dock Shunter

Quote from: Mr.Grumpy on September 02, 2012, 03:35:33 PM
Just been diagnosed with tonsillitis.

Not nice....... :(
Plenty of Vitamin C onion and garlic (soup) and rest.
Hope you will be feeling well enough to go to the show next week...... :thumbsup:

Mr.Grumpy

Thanks guys!

Just added impetigo to that list of ailments. My face looks like it needs a mars rover of its own. Highly contagious apparently so make sure you wash your hands after reading this post.

Mr (exponentially) Grumpy
N Gauge Dystopian Future: Planning | Construction

swisstony

Glad your not coming to TINGS now !!    :thankyousign:

longbridge

Sorry to hear about you being sick Mr G, don't know what it is these days as things don't seem to come singularly anymore  :unimpressed:

Hope you get well quickly and are able to go to TINGS  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

thomasash

When the postman/courier puts a "sorry we were unable to deliver..." card through your door and you were in and know they didn't knock (or when you open the door seeing them approaching and they only have the card with them)!

longbridge

Quote from: thomasash on September 10, 2012, 12:24:52 PM
When the postman/courier puts a "sorry we were unable to deliver..." card through your door and you were in and know they didn't knock (or when you open the door seeing them approaching and they only have the card with them)!

Happens everywhere in the world, I can tell you I worked as a Postie for 24 years and did the same thing myself        
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

thomasash

Don't they know my ebay purchases are life or death!

longbridge

Quote from: thomasash on September 10, 2012, 12:53:04 PM
Don't they know my ebay purchases are life or death!

I guess the posties back home are the same as here in Oz, when you finish your round you sign off and go home so why waste time knocking on peoples door to give them trains  ??? ??? ???

The worst thing I ever heard was a postie left a 12 LP record leaning against a brick wall, the people complained to the post office so next time they received a record he snapped it in half and shoved it in the letter box, how would you like him to deliver your trains, better to get a card  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: they should do the right thing though  :angel: :angel: :angel:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Bikeracer

A couple of years ago my son sent a recorded letter with a fathers day card inside to me,he also put a £20 note in the card.
There was no one in when the delivery was attempted so a card was left to say I could collect it from the sorting office.

The card went missing after the attempted delivery,but trying to get anyone at the post office to understand that it went missing after a delivery attempt was impossible. If it ever happens again like that I'll go to the police and report it stolen.

After a lot of hassle my son eventually got a refund of ....£6.00.

Allan

I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

thomasash

For my part I should confess I used to be a courier for Lynx (now part of UPS) and we weren't much better.

Though UPS in the UK always were fantastic for me, much better than any other courier (DHL are good too, but less helpful on the phone)... my experience when I lived in Germany was very different though and both were pretty naff there.

The loading people at the Lynx depot in Southampton used to use the mattresses we delivered as bouncing points to bounce the fragile parcels into the truck and would often drop kick the other fragile parcels... if people lived in weird places and the parcels were small they also used to remove the courier label and add a stamp so Royal Mail would get it.

longbridge

Quote from: Bikeracer on September 11, 2012, 08:04:16 AM
A couple of years ago my son sent a recorded letter with a fathers day card inside to me,he also put a £20 note in the card.
There was no one in when the delivery was attempted so a card was left to say I could collect it from the sorting office.

The card went missing after the attempted delivery,but trying to get anyone at the post office to understand that it went missing after a delivery attempt was impossible. If it ever happens again like that I'll go to the police and report it stolen.

After a lot of hassle my son eventually got a refund of ....£6.00.

Allan

Not surprised Allan, when I left the Post Office I had to sign a document stating that I would not discuss internal post office business or I could be in trouble, I saw enough to put me off posting money or anything else valuable by mail as we also had money in a Birthday Card go missing more than once.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Agrippa

One of my milion pet hates is shoe shops, which seem to be
dying out where I live. I choose a pair if shoes and say to the
assistant "Do you have these in size 8 ? "

The assistant goofs off for about 20 minutes then comes back
and says "No , but we have them in size 11"

One day I'll say "I'll take them then I can walk about like a circus clown ."

That reminds me , clowns are another pet hate !
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations