The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

Remember to take your keys along with you Mick, instead of that adapted coat hanger you've been using. ;) :D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Malc

It's worth asking for a courtesy car if they want yours all day. That way you don't need to scrounge lifts.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Zogbert Splod

ParcelForce are a bunch of something nasty!  Probably not ALL of them, OK.  I've heard that some of them can be quite nice to their old Mums.

I had a package delivered today.  Having seen the tracking site report that it had been collected from the sender (Gatwick area), nothing then happened for over 24 hours.  It never appeared at the sorting hub if we are to believe the tracking website.  It skipped over that to appear in Edinburgh, then onto the van for delivery.  Good?  Well, time wise, I guess so.  Inside the 48 hours anyhow.

Then, this morning, knock on door, I happened to be right there in the hall way!  I opened the door in around 5 seconds of the knock.  I then saw the driver standing there by the recycle bin, with my package in the snow at his feet, in the process of signing the received thingie on his electric machine.  After 5 seconds!!!  He jumped like a frightened jumping thing, grabbed up the wet parcel, shoved it in my hands and scarpered.  I shouted after him, 'I say my good fellow, don't you require a signature of receipt for this package?'.  To which he replied, 'Ummm, eh, well... Actually, eh, don't worry, I'll see to it for you!'  Into the van, Le Mans start - gone!
My package was well soggy.  Fortunately for him (and me I guess), the contents were plastic and well wrapped inside, so no harm done.  I needed the parts in there so I wasn't able to keep the package whole to make a complaint.

I silently wished him the fleas/1000 camels/nether-regions treatment and let things go.  However, the woman who called me just a few minutes later to see if I had enough insurance did catch a little more than I would otherwise have given out in her direction.

All in all, a 'fun' day.....
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

Malc

I sympathise, Allan. I ordered some kit and was watching the tracking log on line to suddenly see that it had been delivered. We were in and listening for the door bell, but didn't hear anything. The delivery instructions say that if we are out to leave in the porch. No sign of anything. Chased them up and about an hour later the courier turns up. It turns out that they get 20 mins to do a drop and his previous drop was on the other side of the city at rush hour. So he posted my parcel as delivered to give himself some wriggle room.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Life can be full of little tribulations (no - not the tribbles from Star Trek :no:) and I let them build until I have a good head of steam and then when someone really deserves it they cop for the lot thus ensuring I am back in equilibrium. Little does the workshop manager at Evans Halshaw know what's coming his way Monday >:D

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 07, 2018, 12:58:50 PM
Life can be full of little tribulations (no - not the tribbles from Star Trek :no:) and I let them build until I have a good head of steam and then when someone really deserves it they cop for the lot thus ensuring I am back in equilibrium. Little does the workshop manager at Evans Halshaw know what's coming his way Monday >:D

Oh eck, storm warning!  :worried:

Skyline2uk

mattycoops43

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 07, 2018, 12:58:50 PM

I like the cut of yer Jib!

That's an inspector vimes'ism'. Save it up for when you need it!

Intercity

It all my plywood and bracing to size, gave myself a big pat on the back for not cutting off any arms, legs or fingers, all the rip cuts were nice and straight, got the drill with a spade bit to drill holes for the underboard wiring to run through, went to make the first hole and a lot of sparks and smoke out of the drill stopped anymore progress.

Yep angry at Black and Decker for their wonderful piece of junk, and even more angry that I'll have to take a third trip to the DIY store and she'll out more cash for something I already have.

daveg

That's got to be annoying!

My old B&D hammer drill must be 40 odd years old, weighs a ton and still does a good job.

It also carries a part and serial number label that states 'Made in England'.

Them was the days!

Dave G

CaleyDave

After a few false starts getting together a group of people, I Made the mistake of leaving buying tickets for a rail tour up to someone who, despite planning on going, was less enthusiastic than I was.

Its now Sold out and said other didn't buy any tickets a fact I didn't find out until after it sold out.

But its alright, I am told, they did the route before...  :veryangry:

Intercity

Wifey had a guest over and proceeded to show him the house, including the train room(s), made me pretty annoyed, I don't like people I don't know going into the layout room especially with how much we pay for these things.

The guest then mentioned he "likes" train too, and enjoys playing with trains, I told him they are not toys no matter what people think, and we don't "play" trains, we create layouts and operate trains on them.

His choice of words and how he perceived the hobby made me quite angry (but as he was my wife's guest I had to bottle it up and went outside to mow the grass, that took 2hrs)

Yes, I'm protective of my train stuff!!!!

Bob Tidbury

I know how you feel wherever I worked people used to make fun of me
( playing ) with toy trains I just told them that you have to have lots of different skills to build and operate a MODEL RAILWAY and they are NOT TOYS but scale models and if they tried to build a layout then they might appreciate the work involved . I love showing my efforts to people ,but like you only to those that I know through the Forum or a Club.
Bob Tidbury

silly moo

As a female modeller people are usually intrigued by my hobby. I gave up worriying about what other people say and think years ago.

My children used to be embarrassed by my hobby when they were teenagers but when their friends came round and said my layout was 'cool' everything was ok.

Ditape

After receiving 2 separate orders from Track Shack on the Isle of Man I am still waiting for delivery of a similar order, placed before either Track Shack order, from Cheltenham Model Centre via Amazon ( I had a gift card to use ) Cheltenham is only 40 minutes by car up the road I could have walked and got my order quicker.
Diane Tape

stevewalker

I ordered some computer parts the other week and asked for them to be upgraded to be delivered by the Friday or Saturday, so that I had the weekend to set things up. They didn't arrive. On the Tuesday I received a card that they'd tried to deliver and it could be picked up from Wednesday morning. Unfortunately I would not be available during opening hours from Wednesday until Saturday, so I spoke to them and they were very helpful, contacting the driver and getting him to drop it in 10 minutes later. Then I found out why they were so cooperative ... it'd been posted on Thursday, special delivery - guaranteed 24hrs!!!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations