The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mito

It doesn't matter to me how fast the purchases are pushed through, I continue at my own speed. I know the majority of cashiers and always have a chat as do the majority of Spanish. Living in Spain for 30 years I think I'm more Spanish than British. Having said that what annoys me is the person behind pushing a trolley into my back. Usually they get the trolley pushed back at them. Unfortunately the culprits are British or Germans who show a complete lack of regard for others.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

tgv_obsessed

Quote from: Lindi on March 17, 2018, 09:09:35 PM
Quote from: tgv_obsessed on March 17, 2018, 07:15:07 PM
but before paying him i insisted on emptying 2 bags and repacking them. Which I did- like a toddler putting the right shaped blocks through the right shaped holes.

Just think how angry you would be if the person of front of you started emptying there bags and repacking them instead of paying.

I'd be absolutely furious!!! But I would be furious even if they didn't do that- I'm in the queue in the supermarket!!
running in is so you get used to the noise, oops, to bed the gears down properly

Jimbo

When they ask if I want cashback I say yes, all of it please!
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Newportnobby

Quote from: Lindi on March 17, 2018, 09:09:35 PM
Quote from: tgv_obsessed on March 17, 2018, 07:15:07 PM
but before paying him i insisted on emptying 2 bags and repacking them. Which I did- like a toddler putting the right shaped blocks through the right shaped holes.

Just think how angry you would be if the person of front of you started emptying there bags and repacking them instead of paying.

If the cashier insists on whizzing my shopping through the till so I can't keep up, when they tell me how much I owe, I just smile and say "You've done your bit and now you can wait until I've done mine"

Quote from: Jimbo on March 17, 2018, 09:31:57 PM
When they ask if I want cashback I say yes, all of it please!

:laughabovepost:

daffy

Some folks in Supermarket queues are like the driver in the car behind you who is trying to get into your boot! Impatience is rife and common civility and consideration for others seems to be something many have consigned to the scrap heap of their lives.

Such folks make me angry, but, to be honest, far more than that, they make me sad.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

BoxTunnel

Quote from: daffy on March 17, 2018, 10:03:54 PM
Some folks in Supermarket queues are like the driver in the car behind you who is trying to get into your boot! Impatience is rife and common civility and consideration for others seems to be something many have consigned to the scrap heap of their lives.

Such folks make me angry, but, to be honest, far more than that, they make me sad.

I just keep slowing down until they overtake and I can keep on driving at safe speed.  Anything for an easy and safe life.
"I don't think anybody is anybody else's moral compass. Maybe listening to my music is not the best idea if you live a very constricted life. Or maybe it is." - Lou Reed.

daveg

I'm now at the stage where I genuinely am an old git and I have two supermarket speeds; dead slow and stop. Not that I deliberately get in anyone's way though.

Some supermarkets have very small areas for the stuff that's been scanned (you know who you are!) and so if that gets piled up the checker-outer has to stop and wait for me. 

On the road and if I can, I will usually let the speeders go by. Out here in the sticks you can get stuck behind a tractor. Weird thing is that Ms/Mr Speeder has the idea that driving 2 foot from the person in front will make the tractor either disappear or speed up.

Funny old world!

Dave G

Jimbo

I agree! Some people are in a real hurry to get nowhere!......"I must get in front!!" "I have to be in front!!" "I'm allergic to sitting behind someone!" "I've no control over my vehicle! It always wants to go faster!!"  Ha! Ha! It's sad really.
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Newportnobby

I can't always agree with the driving comments above as, here in Leyland, we have too many (shall I call them generously) 'careful' drivers who do 20mph in a 40mph zone regardless of what is around them. This prompts other 'less careful' drivers to take risks in trying to get round them.
I believe there are parts of Portugal where it is against the law to drive at less than the posted speed limit. I wonder if that would work in Blighty. :hmmm:

daveg

I hate dawdlers too, Mick!

When I say 'Ms/Mr Speedy' I'm talking about folk that tailgate for no reason and/or consider 40+ in a 30 area is OK.

My other half got nicked for inadvertently doing 35 through a local village recently and we now have licensed/trained volunteer speed camera operators all over the place.

I don't hang about when I can and safe to do so. but here we have cyclists, lycrists ( :censored:), horses and group walkers so down the lanes 45 ish is usually safe but you shouldn't do the max allowed 60.

Dave G

Bealman

On the main drag from my place to Sydney, it's 110 Km/hr. I set cruise control to 110, but have people fanging past me at speeds that must be at least 180.  :worried:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

javlinfaw7

There are some places that  it is illeagle to drive too slow in the UK

exmouthcraig

I'm lucky in that most of my fields are accessible from our own internal road network but I do have to use the main roads at times.

I am an educated driver and our roads we use are 50mph, I have no chance of hitting anymore then 70% of that speed, even half with a trailer BUT I am aware of vehicles behind me and know where I can and can't let them pass me and I ALWAYS acknowledge any driver that has had to wait or shuffle about to let me pass.

We cycle a hell of a lot round and about. Always on the road network and we cruise about 18 - 22mph on them but again I always acknowledge any driver that has had to wait to get past us.

We also own horses and do ride on the road network, the missus does 4 or 5 times a week and again wait where it's convenient and safe to do so ALWAYS acknowledging the drivers as they pass.

We all have things to do and places to get to and I don't like holding anyone up as much as I don't want to be held up but if I can be bothered to acknowledge that I have held you up is it really that hard to do the same to me???

Newportnobby

Obviously I don't advocate ignoring all the conditions around a driver but I'm talking fairly urban motoring here so yes, the odd tractor, some lycrists (love it, Dave!) but even on clear roads we still get dawdlers when the biggest danger is some prat on a mobile phone walking into the road without looking.
It's the old story of 'they've never been in an accident but have caused several' ::)

daveg

Where we used to live in Sevenoaks, there's a really narrow bit of the High Street where the pavement goes down to pretty much single file.

On a Saturday we would drive at a crawl through that bit to make sure we didn't deliver a wing mirror clout to any 'Lemmings' that teetered off the path. Mums with huge shopping bags or double width buggies were major hazards!

Dave G

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations