Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailGooner

Pjlons83

Quote from: RailGooner on November 03, 2017, 06:01:36 PM
Quote from: Pjlons83 on November 03, 2017, 05:50:19 PM
Arrived today and it runs, sounds and looks great!

Very happy indeed  :claphappy:

:photospleasesign:

Oh good I forgot photos. That gives me the perfect excuse to play again tomorrow.  :D
Gold Hill - my rule 1, "just for fun" micro layout;

Clouds Hill - My first layout currently on hold;

mattycoops43

Recent addition under Rule 1. I am modelling BR blue and grey basically (with a very wide date range), but I like these and thought it would be nice to run an engineers train. Can anyone tell me when these came in? I am assuming the MK2 with the windows on the end would run on the end as an observation car?

Matt

ntpntpntp

This old girl arrived today - vintage 1983 (ish).  For some while I've been after an example British N Lima 86 with half-decent can motor and gearing (not the better known but horrid motor bogie version). Managed to bag this near mint boxed model from ebay, and for £20 less than the one I missed out on a few weeks ago!

I have a few similar vintage continental Lima locos with the same drive mechanism, and though nowhere near the reliability of Fleischmann, Arnold, Minitrix and even Roco of the same age,  they're actually not too bad and mainly suffer from single end bogie pickups - but are useable if kept clean.

Nameplate definitely reads "Navaity"  (should be "Novelty").

So... what coaches would be appropriate behind this loco? (Don't think I want to bother with the old short Lima coaches)
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

RailGooner

Quote from: ntpntpntp on November 07, 2017, 07:40:41 PM
Managed to bag this near mint boxed model from ebay, and for £20 less than the one I missed out on a few weeks ago!

:thumbsup: Love it when that happens. :beers:

railsquid

This old girl arrived today - vintage 1983 (ish).  For some while I've been after an example British N Lima 86 with half-decent can motor and gearing (not the better known but horrid motor bogie version). Managed to bag this near mint boxed model from ebay, and for £20 less than the one I missed out on a few weeks ago!

I have a few similar vintage continental Lima locos with the same drive mechanism, and though nowhere near the reliability of Fleischmann, Arnold, Minitrix and even Roco of the same age,  they're actually not too bad and mainly suffer from single end bogie pickups - but are useable if kept clean.

Nameplate definitely reads "Navaity"  (should be "Novelty").

Nice, acquiring on of these is on my bucket list. The Lima 86 I have with the bogie-mounted motor is actually not too bad compared to other locos with that mechanism.

So... what coaches would be appropriate behind this loco? (Don't think I want to bother with the old short Lima coaches)
An eclectic selection of Mk1s, Mk2s and Mk3s in blue/grey, typically a rake of Mk2/Mk3 passenger coaches with a Mk1 BG at the end and a Mk1 buffet in the middle. I suspect this livery is an early 1980s one so you're unlikely to have an all-Mk1 rake, and one with a lot of Mk3s would more likely be hauled by an 87. Some of the coaches could potentially be in early InterCity livery. But that's all off the top of my head, more expert opinions available.

Webbo

Today the second two of my recent locomotive purchases arrived. These are British Columbia Railway SD40-2s #752 and #762. Both are equipped with sound and beautiful at least to my eyes. Also, the most expensive locos I've ever purchased and may be the last locos I ever buy - unless of course something spectacular comes along.

Here is #752. Its buddy #762 is identical except for the road number of course.

Webbo

RailGooner

Quote from: Webbo on November 10, 2017, 07:04:27 AM
and may be the last locos I ever buy

:doh: If I had a new loco for every time I've said that. :D

mr magnolia

Webbo

They're all made by Intermountain. Remiss of me not to mention this on both my CP Rail and my BCR posts.

Sorry about that.
Webbo

mr magnolia

Nice.
I've an Intermountain loco on order myself - only been waiting 2yrs now. Hope it's as good as your own experience!

Donald

Webbo

Donald

Yours is an F unit if my feeble memory serves me OK? I've an Intermountain FP7 with B unit. Both wonderful locos.

Webbo

mr magnolia

Yup
It's the F7 A+B in Santa Fe blue war bonnet- which just kind of matches the colours of the fictitious Portobello and Joppa North Sea Coastal Railroad.
Every time I gear myself up to reveal the purchase to the family accountant, Intermountain delay the arrival another month or three.  I was most recently due to announce that I had my Christmas sorted, as arrival was due December, but it's now moved out to February, which rather uncomfortably coincides with the accountants birthday!
I'm sure she'll be thrilled for me though. 😎😳🙏

Donald

Webbo

I've found that if I admit to ordering something 2-3 years ago, I'm less accountable for stuff all of a sudden denting the bank account by reason of diminished responsibility for decisions taken in times past. This softened the reaction to the purchase of the two CP Rail SD40-2s. With my BCR SD40-2s, I was able to pay PWRS for the first one when it was due to be released 3 years ago. So, when the two of them eventually became available a month ago, the recent bill was for the second one 'only'.

I drive around in a car that is 20+ years old. The truth is that if I were like a normal person and updated it every 5 years, I would be spending far more money than I do on my N scale hobby.

Webbo 

MinZaPint

It's all "Train Waiting's" fault, my father in law was never quite sure whether I went to their house to see his daughter or drink his McEwans!  :pint: that was over 40 years ago  :'(

to add to my collection of beer themed wagons

Lovely detail on the end of the S&N tank

Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations