Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbridge

Quote from: bealman on April 01, 2013, 10:49:08 PM
I'll say. Instead of pictures of locos I'm starting to see pictures of $$$$$$ signs (Aussie $$$$$, of course.  :D) Actually, if there is a Pound sign on my keyboard, I can't see it - anyone help out with that, please?

Hi George, last Saturday I had a friend bring 2 x Dapol Britannia's, 1 x Dapol 9F, 4 x GWR Tank locos all boxed and unused for me to look at and maybe buy, I had just bought $110 worth of stuff so had to turn is offer of the lot at $400, I am not as addicted to buying locos as some which is most likely due to not having loads of cash to spend plus I am more of a builder than a runner.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

trainsdownunder

Yes, they are N Scale George

Easter bunny a bitlate but he did have a way to go with his big bundle.

Here is what arrived today.

Brought me this lot $140 inc shipping (approx £100)- Loco is DCC ready (plug'n'play board type) but the original seller didn't realise that and had bought a Zimo 620 to fit, which I also got as part of the deal.

[smg id=4446]
[smg id=4443]
[smg id=4445]
[smg id=4444]

Got these kits cheap as local seller just wanted rid

[smg id=4461] x 2
[smg id=4462] x 3
[smg id=4463] x 4
[smg id=4464] x 2
That's 11 in total for $50inc shipping
Normally around $9 each

These arrived - eBay win last week $100 (£70) +10 bucks shipping

[smg id=4447]
[smg id=4448]
[smg id=4449]
[smg id=4450]
[smg id=4451]
[smg id=4452]
[smg id=4453]

With these Caboose @ $15 (£10)

So now you know why I made no entries under the "BUY NOTHING MONTH" thread. Need to shift some of my older stuff now to recharge the Bank account

trainsdownunder

OOPs - there's more......

Just had an email to say parcel awaiting collection - forgot all about these two

NEW - unused not wanted both with Lenz factory fitted decoders. $81.35 the pair

[smg id=4469]
[smg id=4466]

Must keep away from SWMBO

longbridge

You did well there Colin, should be enough kits to keep you going for a while  :D
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

trainsdownunder

Hope so.

As I said  need my eBay stuff to go for good money now, as $400 bucks was a bit wild for 7 days, but its so damn easy to do when the flow is going. I must admit "sniping" does help as it means I set my target and don't go back on it as a rule, this definitely stops me falling into bidding wars.

I see eBay have just announced that they are increasing their commission fee to 9.9% from 7.8. Greedy buggers. I going to have a rant on the angry thread I think.

Dr Al

Quote from: trainsdownunder on April 02, 2013, 07:28:29 AM
I see eBay have just announced that they are increasing their commission fee to 9.9% from 7.8. Greedy buggers.

You've been lucky for a good while. It's been 10% in the UK for years...

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Phil Hendry

I've had these two for two or three weeks now, but only just got around to bunging them on my test-track.

New couplers, to reduce the gap, are definitely called for.  Oh, and in case that inspection coach was never hauled by a 67, I'm invoking rule 1: it's my railway!  :D

This is more like it - and, thanks to the sprung 'close coupling' coupler pocket thing, it goes around a 12" curve fine, and negotiates a 12" S curve too, without buffer locking or anything else horrid:

That's a pair of Dapol's 'dummy' couplers - medium length I think.
I am not a complete lunatic - there are pieces missing!

Bealman

You have all been busy, busy!

Phil Hendry - I'm a sucker for that inspection coach. First time I've ever seen it in that livery. The close coupling looks great. Glad to hear no problems with it.

Colin -  a heap of canny buys, there, mate. Those kits were a bargain - all sorts of uses for those. The stock is great, too. As an aside, thats a great backscene -source, please?

Dave - shame about the Brits, etc. Boxed and unused.... sounds like a good deal! I could probably raise $400, but unfortunately this up-coming trip back to the Old Dart is starting to loom heavily on all things financial at the moment.

Great buys, folks! :envy:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

AC

The postman delivered this today:

I can't lay claim to the weathering job unfortunately. I bought it off ebay as seen there as a static display item (no motor in it). I thought it would be perfect to park at the end of a siding as a loco awaiting restoration. Now I just need the layout built to put it on...
My NGF Layout Thread: Stanley Yard; a Model Railway in a Toolbox
My NGF Workbench Thread: AC's Occasional Modelling Thread

My Modelling Blog (Multiple Scales): AC's Miscellaneous Model Mixture Blog
My Old Website: AC's Stuff

Alex

Hi AC,

Very nice. Noticed the guy had a Farish GP Tank as well. Thinking along similar lines as looking for an engine for a static siding.

Alex :wave:

johnlambert

That's a nice little pannier.  BTW is this the right topic to show off the locos I bought before joining?

upnick

Some great buys there Colin  especially the  U.P. GP  38 - 2 's   ;) are they  Atlas or  Kato  ?   

Bealman

Good idea, AC - it will certainly look the part on an old siding.... perhaps you could paint a face like this on it? Pic, bottom right:
[smg id=3469 type=preview align=center width=400]

Phil Hendry

It's not N Gauge, and it's not a loco or an item of rolling stock...  But it will help me work on them, and it solves a problem.  Since 're-fitting' my kitchen, I have felt uninclined to use my airbrush.  The garage isn't an option, and the weather outside has a habit of being frightful, so the kitchen used to be the place - and it was grotty...  But the new one isn't, and I'd hate to 'contaminate it' with paint overspray.  So a spray booth, now that I have finally got my act together and started modelling again, is a necessity.

This was quite cheap - think one British N loco including postage.  But it feels solid enough, despite being made mainly of plastic, and takes, literally, only a few seconds to set up.  It also uses very little storage space.  Tomorrow I shall try it out.

I will, obviously, use lots of newspaper and stuff as well, in case of, er, accidents!

I am not a complete lunatic - there are pieces missing!

Bealman

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations