TGauge - Does anyone have any experience

Started by Snowwolflair, October 20, 2018, 11:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowwolflair

I'm looking at a project that needs a very narrow track i.e. the 3mm width of TGauge. 

My question is can an TGauge mechanism move a bigger N scale plastic only body?

Ant thoughts would be appreciated.

ntpntpntp

I have one of the early sets.   It's a bit cheap'n'cheerful to be honest, relying on magnetism for adhesion - indeed you can run the thing upside down!    I believe the latest mechanisms are a bit better but I've not considered it seriously.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Claude Dreyfus

The early motors could barely haul themselves, however newer designs mean that they can haul trains now, so if you are just after making a single railcar or something similar then the answer is probably yes. Try these guys for more information.

https://www.tgauge.com

Snowwolflair

Great, that's the input i'm looking for.

I'm planning to try and motorise the Fujimi monorail and the track is a beam about 3mm wide.  This would be a perfect solution as its an easily fitted motor module with coach chassis for the other sections.  So for a six coach monorail  C-M C-C-M-C.

If it works it might be worth 3d printing the track with built in groves for the track.

zwilnik

Quote from: Snowwolflair on October 20, 2018, 05:41:52 PM
Great, that's the input i'm looking for.

I'm planning to try and motorise the Fujimi monorail and the track is a beam about 3mm wide.  This would be a perfect solution as its an easily fitted motor module with coach chassis for the other sections.  So for a six coach monorail  C-M C-C-M-C.

If it works it might be worth 3d printing the track with built in groves for the track.

Worst case scenario, you can always power more than one car to compensate for the extra weight.

Snowwolflair

Yes, second and fourth coach, so in effect three car units per motor should be fine.

the advantage is no rubber wheels, magnetic strips, batteries, radio and the rest being tried elsewhere.  If I can get it to run as a narrow gauge train it will be simple and reproducible.  :D

Ditape

I don't know if it is possible to power a n loco the full length HST uses 3 motors to power it one in each power car and one in the restaurant car.
Diane Tape

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Ditape on October 20, 2018, 07:38:39 PM
I don't know if it is possible to power a n loco the full length HST uses 3 motors to power it one in each power car and one in the restaurant car.

I will start with two and work up if necessary, and the kit has virtually no weight. 

If it works then I have a number of monorails I would like to build

robert shrives

The T gauge HST - available in blue grey and GNER  with the 3 powered vehicles works really well. I found it important to fix track well as it developed a vertical upward bow on some longer pieces- on curves this a twist inducing problem and set would derail.

The Chassis now available in 21 and 23 m scale lengths drive on one end and pick up on both and will haul up to 4 vehicles on level track.  There is a 67 available now as well , but a 3 axle loco chassis yet to make a show - likely to be a 1bo- bo1 in reality.  3D print Mk1s also available along with HTA style hoppers and a freightliner flat easy to make using the available adjustable bogie wheelbase vehicle chassis .
www.tgauge .com   is certainly the place to go. stand D95 at NEC 24/25 nov.
Robert   

Snowwolflair

I have a Fujimi kit clearing customs at the moment so I will be able to judge better when I get my hands on it.

Bealman

This looks like a really interesting project!

Please keep us posted!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations