LMS coaches

Started by TalyllynJon, August 28, 2018, 05:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailGooner

Hi TalyllynJon! :wave: I'm afraid I can't help on the subject of LMS coaches, but I welcome you aboard. :wave:

TalyllynJon

Nostalgia is a powerful emotion. I was born in '68 so I have no memory of BR steam. Diesel and electric do nothing for me though - I've always loved steam. Without the benefit of a bit of rose-tinted nostalgia I find the BR steam era a bit depressing - hence my desire to go back towards a more positive era for the railways. As for my own nostalgia - my current plan for my layout is for a loop around 4 sides of a shed. Each side will be treated as a separate scenic section (allowing the trains to effectively fast forward between the most interesting sections of the local routes). But also I'm very tempted to have one side as a (totally incongruous) model of Blue Anchor station on the West Somerset Railway around 1980!

emjaybee

That's uncanny. I was also born in '68, and spent most of my life within 100yds of the West Coast mainline in Bletchley. My father, myself and my Grandfather all worked in Wolverton Works, and our family holidays usually also involved a trip on one preserved line or another. So like yourself,  I have no memory of working steam, only the childhood experiences of various preserved locos etc. My father's model railway is based around LMS/early BR steam and that is what I aim for. I don't get the enthusiasm for diesel and electric, to me they are function rather than form.

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on August 29, 2018, 11:56:35 AM

I wonder what the next 50 years will bring to railway modelling?  :hmmm:

Dunno about railway modelling but for me a harp and a :angel: :)
Maybe before I get those, Bachmann might decide to shrinkray their 56xx :hmmm:

twinklekev

If only Newportnobby, if only.

I too model that period of railway history call the 1930's. It's amazing how many colourfull PO coal wagons you can get. But try getting six coupled tank (other than panniers) and tender engines or toplight coaches in ready to run. it's like swimming uphil through treacle.

Anyway, welcome TalyllynJon, and good luck.

Kevin.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations