Naming my new shed layout

Started by TrevL, May 22, 2018, 03:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrevL

I am about to start my new shed layout and I thought I'd give it a name as so many of you have done.  I was thinking of using a combination of mine an SWMBO's names, seeing as how she :angel: has let me do this.
If the first three letters of the name are "Tre", would that place be more than likely in the West Country or Wales?
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Train Waiting

Quote from: TrevL on May 22, 2018, 03:40:52 PM
I am about to start my new shed layout and I thought I'd give it a name as so many of you have done.  I was thinking of using a combination of mine an SWMBO's names, seeing as how she :angel: has let me do this.
If the first three letters of the name are "Tre", would that place be more than likely in the West Country or Wales?

Certainly likely; but not necessarily.  Trent (Mid), Treeton (Mid), Trentham (NS) and Trenholme Bar (NE) all come to mind as actual stations commencing with 'Tre' that were not in Cornwall or Wales.  I have probably missed a few as well...

All the best.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

The Q

Kernow according to a quick rough count has about 170 Towns and villages begining with TRE.
Devon has None
Cymru has about 60
There are none in Norfolk either.
So starting with Tre you are most likely to be In Cornwall.

Our Kennel club affix was a combination of our names, as is the name of our motorboat ... Sheque...

weave

Hi Trev,

There's a place called Treales near Preston. More beer than SWMBO related though. What is your good lady's name if you don't mind so we can all have a think.

You gotta have a name.

Cheers weave  :beers:

TrevL

Cheers, Trev.

weave

There's a Trevton in South Africa and a Heatherwick in Fife, Scotland.

Trevton Heatherwick.

Sounds like a nice place to go.

Looking forward to your build whatever you call it.

TrevL

Quote from: weave on May 23, 2018, 08:56:16 AM
There's a Trevton in South Africa and a Heatherwick in Fife, Scotland.

Trevton Heatherwick.

Sounds like a nice place to go.

Looking forward to your build whatever you call it.

That's brilliant, so it shall be.
:thankyousign:

I'll have to start a "Layout Construction" thread, which will start with the shed build.
Cheers, Trev.

weave

Hi Trev,

Glad you liked it.

Think I misinterpreted the South African town name but there is a farm. You'll just have to buy lots of n scale chickens now!  :D ......

http://www.trevtoneggs.co.za/

Good luck with the shed build.

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: weave on May 23, 2018, 10:56:51 AM
You'll just have to buy lots of n scale chickens now!  :D ......

Readily available from your local KFC >:D

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations