Weather

Started by Bealman, March 19, 2018, 08:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Just making sure that I'm on the right board and making sure I'm not getting into a clique,  ;)

Weather here in Australia has been crazy over weekend.

Cyclone on Bealette in Darwin

Heat wave here

Devastating bushfires in Victoria and Southern NSW

Snowing in Hobart!

This is a land of extremes.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Webbo

Land of drought, flood, and fire (and cyclones just to round things out). My buddy has a house in Tathra. His house escaped, but the house next door has burned to the ground.

Webbo

Bealman

Whoa. Is everyone OK? Bushfires are random. So glad his property is OK.

Tathra is a disaster. 700 people affected?

Awful.

Webbo

Apparently, 20% of the houses in Tathra destroyed or damaged, but no one hurt physically at least. Beautiful little town on the coast it was. There will be a fair few hurting after having lost their houses there and in Victoria too.

Bealman

Yes, it's heavy. As I say, we live in a land of extremes.

At least your mate is OK.

Newportnobby

Just try to stay safe and retain your great sense of humour, guys!

railsquid

I trust the bus stop is safe?

Light rain, mild temperatures here in Tokyo,

Typhoons, or more precisely the extremely heavy rain they bring, are the major weather hazards here. Though we did have a 40deg C difference in day time temperature between the extremes of the archipelago the other month. And plenty of volcanoes, earthquakes and tsunamis to add to the excitement.

Bealman

Just as long as you don't have any in May  ;)

daffy

We had a bit of snow here in the U.K. this month. So much worse than anything anywhere else in the World - or so it seemed from some of the comments on the TV news programs. ::)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

When that (and I hate the name) 'Beast from the East' hit us I really thought the BBC believed Armageddon was on it's way and we'd end up like the film 'The Day after Tomorrow' ::)

exmouthcraig

Quote from: Bealman on March 19, 2018, 08:11:14 AM
Just making sure that I'm on the right board and making sure I'm not getting into a clique,  ;)

Weather here in Australia has been crazy over weekend.

Cyclone on Bealette in Darwin

Heat wave here

Devastating bushfires in Victoria and Southern NSW

Snowing in Hobart!

This is a land of extremes.  :thumbsup:

Judging by the comments made regarding the cliquey side of the forum im glad I don't know about the Facebook side of it and if they have such a problem id rather they stick to their own clique on that and not hassle this one with their comments.

As for the weather, flooded fields, 2ft snow drifts, as low as -17 in the winds 2 weeks ago, relentless burst water pipes and now no lush green fields to tip our week old lambs out. Still they say that by easter when we have another siberian driven cold snap things should improve.

Can't come soon enough

:NGF:

Zogbert Splod

Quote from: exmouthcraig on March 19, 2018, 10:18:50 PM
Quote from: Bealman on March 19, 2018, 08:11:14 AM

Judging by the comments made regarding the cliquey side of the forum im glad I don't know about the Facebook side of it and if they have such a problem id rather they stick to their own clique on that and not hassle this one with their comments.
Before the 'clique' question gets banned...  If I look around a forum and don't see a clique, does that mean I am in one?  Oh NO!   ???   8) 
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

EtchedPixels

Just a little snow and a lot of cold here. Not as bad as the last lot and nothing like as bad as elsewhere in the world.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Intercity

Getting our 4th Nor-Easter here, projecting about an inch to 3 of snow in the first wave, 4 to 8 in the second wave, shouldn't be too bad, they said we might lose power and some areas will get more than the projected 8in, will make the commute a little longer though.

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Zogbert Splod on March 20, 2018, 12:02:10 AM
Before the 'clique' question gets banned...  If I look around a forum and don't see a clique, does that mean I am in one?  Oh NO!   ???   8)
Fear not I am by your side

The thing that astonished me about the 'other' topic about  clique/farcebook*/ that got locked ( moments after I posted 'what a hoot' owl)

Was that - a collective COBRA, or just a one-off mod. decision ?

No problem, --- it was a topic that had long outlived its porpoise and needed to be discontinued, in time, but many such similar threads will die eventually, do they do harm meanwhile ? Are we so fragile that we need to be thus protected ? I thought it was an enormous great hoot^ ,

but ,,

really !

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations