DJ Models class 17 Clayton

Started by Dalek, February 03, 2018, 02:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tidbury

:thankyousign: Once again Lindi ,you will have to visit me and give me a days tuition on how to do this ,its no good just telling me Im such a dumbo I need to be shown several times before it might sink in .Then I would have to keep doing a post nearly every day otherwise I would forget.
By the way sorry for the jerking going from the branch to the main line this was caused by my mates shaky hand it was all done on the one controller so normally goes much smoother .
Bob Tidbury

WeZ

Paid for mine,  class 17 D8555 BR Green SYWP

Glad to see DJ posting here and look forward to it.

robert shrives

Hi
Any updates   heard folks  as its gone quiet and  Chinese new year long gone

Robert

Snowwolflair

Quote from: robert shrives on March 06, 2018, 03:14:29 PM

Hi

Robert

Chinese New Year just ended on Sunday, and from my days running factories out there real business wont start for another week or so yet.  Tho whole damn place just shuts for the best of four weeks and everyone goes home.

I suspect Dave will update us around Easter @DJM Dave even just to confirm everything is progressing as planned.

robert shrives

Quote from: Snowwolflair on March 06, 2018, 03:34:15 PM
Quote from: robert shrives on March 06, 2018, 03:14:29 PM

Hi

Robert

Chinese New Year just ended on Sunday, and from my days running factories out there real business wont start for another week or so yet.  Tho whole damn place just shuts for the best of four weeks and everyone goes home.

I suspect Dave will update us around Easter @DJM Dave even just to confirm everything is progressing as planned.

thanks for that .

snitchthebudgie

I thought Chinese New Year was February 16th - at least I went to a new year party that night.  The holiday may be for 4 or 6 days.  I hope they are all back at work by now!

Kung Hei Fat Choi.
Jon

Snowwolflair

Over here yes, but in China its like the French all going on holiday for most of August, its their big and their only annual holiday and most of the Chinese working population go home to see their families.  That's also why the Communist Party Congress is currently taking place

Employment contracts particularly for factory workers are renewed so you don't even know if your workforce will come back after the holidays.  We used to use these weeks for factory upgrades, new equipment installation and staff training, particularly new staff.

joe cassidy

Hopefully things have improved since those days and the workers are now on long-term contracts and earning a decent wage.

Best regards,

Joe

koyli55002

Quote from: joe cassidy on March 06, 2018, 08:05:47 PM
Hopefully things have improved since those days and the workers are now on long-term contracts and earning a decent wage.

Best regards,

Joe

From my own experiences out there, I wouldn't put any money on that !

Snowwolflair

Quote from: koyli55002 on March 06, 2018, 08:10:41 PM

Best regards,

Joe

From my own experiences out there, I wouldn't put any money on that !
:)

EtchedPixels

In many areas yes - but it doesn't change the Chinese New Year. It's when lots of employees on long term contracts change employer often at very short notice.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Dalek

@DJM Dave  any chance of a progress report please ?

crepello

Dalek--check the DJ website--Dave has a pdf showing progress on all his models.

Dalek

Quote from: crepello on April 06, 2018, 05:24:01 PM
Dalek--check the DJ website--Dave has a pdf showing progress on all his models.

Thanks, just went for a look and the last update of that was 6th March

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations