!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Precision Labels - Pullman conversions (for original 1980s Farish Pullmans)  (Read 1237 times)

Online RailGooner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
    • Ebay
    • Awards
 :thankyousign: :greatwork: :wonderfulmodelling:

Especially liking the 3-axle bogies.
Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit

I'm supporting Project Railway Honour

Offline Shiney Sheff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23792
    • Awards
Re: Precision Labels - Pullman conversions (for original 1980s Farish Pullmans)
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2018, 04:16:44 pm »
You have certainly got my cogs whirring, so much so that I have dug out my original Farish pullmans, I didn't realise I had so many, 4 brakes and eleven dining cars  :goggleeyes:

Having had a trawl around google, there doesn't seem to be definitive about the colour of the roofs, white or grey? or did they used to run older with refurbished stock, TBH I think I will do them with white roofs like yourself, as it adds that little bit extra class in my eyes.

Bob

Offline Snowwolflair

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
Re: Precision Labels - Pullman conversions (for original 1980s Farish Pullmans)
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2018, 06:21:43 pm »
Take a look at Pullman Profiles 1, 2, and 3, although you will have to get a copy of volume 2 through your local library as I did.  (Amazon offering at 850  :worried:)

White is safe as most photos from the 1920,s and 30's certainly were white and probably white but dirty after that.  Post war they seem to be grey, possibly as a lot of the Pullman kitchens were drafted as mobile canteens and painted grey, but this is a guess and some were clearly still white.

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
anything