!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Tonbridge Model Railway Exhibition = Sat 17th February 2018  (Read 334 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Tonbridge Model Railway Exhibition = Sat 17th February 2018
« on: January 07, 2018, 09:50:57 am »
Time to start planning your visit to my local club exhibition.

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/events/16152-TonbridgeModelRailwayClubExhibition refers.

As usual, I will be on or around the club sales stand. Come and say hi.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 10:10:14 pm by Railwaygun, Reason: date added »

Online Invicta Alec

• Awards
Re: Tonbridge Model Railway Exhibition = Sat 17th February 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 12:45:07 pm »
I'm definitely going to be there Graham.

However, this year I intend to bring no money with me.  :no:

Alec.

Offline GrahamB

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 06:36:18 pm »
I'm definitely going to be there Graham.

However, this year I intend to bring no money with me.  :no:

Alec.
I'm glad you're coming again. Don't worry about not bringing any money. Most traders take credit cards and if I manage to find something you like on the club stand, I'm sure we can hold it for you while you visit one of the nearby cash machines.  :D

Offline GrahamB

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 08:30:29 am »
Just over a week to go. Everyone has confirmed and there are no rail engineering works that affect us on Southeastern. The venue is just a short walk from the station.

Offline GrahamB

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 07:26:11 am »
With 3 days to go now, can I advise anyone planning to visit that in recent years we have been fortunate to have some long queues to get in at the start of the day.  We do try and get people in as fast as possible, but if you don't want to queue, then late morning/lunchtime could be a better time to arrive, also having the correct admission money will help us  to keep the queue moving fast,

Don't forget that as well as the main sports hall, we will have exhibits in the Medway Hall, Jubilee Room, foyer and upstairs in the Riverside Suite, this is where the public refreshments are situated.  You can ask club members or stewards from Folkestone, Chatham & Bexhill MRC's who are assisting us on Saturday, as to how to get to these rooms, as well as the floor plan in the showguide.

Online Invicta Alec

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 08:46:34 pm »
A most enjoyable few hours spent at the Tonbridge show today. To me it seemed at least as well attended as last years event. Certainly the queue to get in was still thirty yards long a good hour or so after the 10.00am start time.

Its a good venue and was well run by the club. Plenty to see (although a bit more N gauge would have been welcome). Nice to say hello to Graham B and club colleagues.

I spent a good while looking at and chatting to the guy running the Hanzauff layout. (Hands off - geddit?).
Great layout in Z gauge! I must admit trying Z has occurred to me once or twice, but two things put me off.
Firstly of course is the consideration of actually modelling anything for it. Any difficulties we have in N are that bit tougher in Z. Maybe if I had the eyesight and dexterity of my younger days! The second stumbling block is that nobody makes any British outline for the scale.

The layout is deliberately set out with (mainly) dead straight tracks from one end to the other. According to the layout's maker, the idea is to create the impression of decent length trains busily arrowing through the countryside. The opposite I suppose of many of us poor souls with our necessarily small layouts, slowly running our two car DMUs and such around our roundy roundy layouts.

Here's a couple of pictures taken on my less than able (cheap) smartphone.

Alec.

Offline Paul-H

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 08:54:14 pm »
Spent a couple of hours jam packed into this place today, could hardly move or see most of the layouts, and why oh why when its absolutely packed would anyone bring a huge baby buggie in, you know who you are.

One last point and remember I don't make up the stereo types I just observe them

Come on guys, what's wrong with using deodorant, the place stunk of BO, if you didn't smell it it's because you stink ;)

Offline Stuart7358

• N Gauge Society Number: 22431
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 10:24:06 pm »
Managed to get to the show today but arrived about lunch time due to the trains. Worked much better at that time than my early arrival last year. Went straight in and could see more. Good variety of layouts in various gauges and a few items to tempt my wallet out..

Yes an odd buggie in there but no worse than people stopping to talk in doorways and the middle of aisles without thought how they blocked the way. Besides good to see families in there - our hobby needs the youngsters too hopefully develop an interest and the earlier they start the better..

Offline GrahamB

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 07:15:29 pm »
Please to see you again Alec. Glad you enjoyed it Alec7358.

Sorry you didn't seem to enjoy it Paul-H. We need the crowds - either that or inflate the price to cover fewer people attending. We do keep the aisles as wide as possible to ease movement around the venue.

I'm afraid we can do nothing about attendees personal hygiene habits without causing offence but as I didn't come across any unsavoury smells I'm wondering if I'm part of the problem  :hmmm:

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
February Donations

Advertise Here