!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: DJ Models APT crowdfunding campaign  (Read 8488 times)

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
DJ Models APT crowdfunding campaign
« on: November 25, 2017, 04:15:38 pm »
Details are scant at the mo, but Daveís announced an APT at Warley, to be crowdfunded.

Iím tempted I must say, depending on pricing etc, despite being well out of my era.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 09:30:30 am by njee20 »

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Facebook
    • Instagram
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: DJM APT-P
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 04:22:05 pm »
Great, I've always wanted to get one to repaint to NSE livery (fictitious of course). :claphappy:

Online daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 04:29:38 pm »
Crowdfunding does seem to be catching on.

Good to hear that DJM is looking ahead and planning more but it'd be just brilliant to learn when we may see some of the long-awaited kit. For example, his Class 23 Baby Deltic. 

Dave G

Online njee20

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 05:05:08 pm »
Heís announcing models like theyíre going out of fashion, whilst still not really delivering anything. Worries me still.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 05:13:54 pm »
Crowdfunding does not impact Dave's cash flow like the DJ Models ones do. He has said all along that one item will fund the next as regards his own output.

Offline woodbury22uk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 05:17:21 pm »
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks.

Wondering how many pedants can dance of the head of a pin.

Membre AFAN 0196

Offline woodbury22uk

• N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 05:23:10 pm »
Great, I've always wanted to get one to repaint to NSE livery (fictitious of course). :claphappy:

When I worked at Paddington in the late 1970s someone shared the APT-P livery proposal with us  I remember someone suggesting the grey should be replaced with mid-blue. I drew one up on a bit of white cardboard. Would have made a good NSE variant.
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks.

Wondering how many pedants can dance of the head of a pin.

Membre AFAN 0196

Offline Claude Dreyfus

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 12216
  • 2mm Association Number: 4949
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Kanjiyama -JR Eastern in the Springtime
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 05:40:10 pm »
I was hoping someone would produce one of these eventually - a very stylish train. I do wish Dave success with this venture.

Heís announcing models like theyíre going out of fashion, whilst still not really delivering anything. Worries me still.

Crowdfunding does not impact Dave's cash flow like the DJ Models ones do. He has said all along that one item will fund the next as regards his own output.

However, Dave has announced on RMWeb that DJM will be designer, manufacturer (presumably manufacturer liaison with the factory, (he won't be building them himself) and supplier. Irrespective of the funding angle, there is a risk that there are lots and lots of announcements (crowd-funded or otherwise) but only one DJM. Deferred risk or not, the more announcements made against the ever growing backlog, the thinner he will be spreading his time and resources.

Will it come to fruition? I do hope so; but for the moment, this is something else to add to the list of 'promised'.

Online njee20

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 05:53:20 pm »
Heís also announced that his second batch of Mermaids are delayed indefinitely because he canít get a slot at the factory, this must be the 6th or 7th model announced versus part of one delivered. Thatís literally years of backlog even if he manages to get them all to that stage.

Offline Roy L S

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 05:57:39 pm »
Went back to the DJM stand today to see what had been announced and to be honest was a tad underwhelmed. Good luck to all involved but not a model for me.

I didn't stop to look at the pricing while I was at Warley but just saw the big poster on Facebook,  it does look to offer a pretty high spec, but £549.95 for a 5 car set up to £899.95 for the 14 car one may be a bit on the steep side for some.

Good luck as I say, but I'll just sit tight and wait for the mainstream DJM Claytons!

Roy

Offline PaulCheffus

• N Gauge Society Number: 4575
  • 2mm Association Number: 4172
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2017, 06:06:38 pm »
Went back to the DJM stand today to see what had been announced and to be honest was a tad underwhelmed. Good luck to all involved but not a model for me.

I didn't stop to look at the pricing while I was at Warley but just saw the big poster on Facebook,  it does look to offer a pretty high spec, but £549.95 for a 5 car set up to £899.95 for the 14 car one may be a bit on the steep side for some.

Good luck as I say, but I'll just sit tight and wait for the mainstream DJM Claytons!

Roy

Hi

Price seems reasonable but like others I am concerned regarding the amount of announced products against what's actually been delivered.

Cheers

Paul

Online njee20

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2017, 06:15:44 pm »
£800 for a 10 car set. Iím out, far too expensive for me!

Offline bluedepot

• Trade Count: (+7)
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2017, 06:32:37 pm »
why is it so expensive?   a 5 car super voyager or hst isn't that much is it?  i mean i know this is limited to 1000 or whatever and crowd funded but still?   does it actually tilt or something?

tim

Offline Roy L S

• Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2017, 06:34:49 pm »
Yes, the plan is that it will...

Offline carderrail

• Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2017, 06:41:55 pm »
I am with you on this the Revolution 11-car Class 390 is nowhere near this (or has my credit card recovered), although the Farish Blue Pullman was pushing £300+ at 2013/4 prices (£400 in the pack) for a 5 Car Set so £900 isn't actually unrealistic with increasing costs and a new tooling (scarry though).

I await more details before deciding.

Tony

why is it so expensive?   a 5 car super voyager or hst isn't that much is it?  i mean i know this is limited to 1000 or whatever and crowd funded but still?   does it actually tilt or something?

tim
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 07:11:44 pm by carderrail »

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £67.50
Above Goal: £2.50
Site Currency: GBP
104% 
August Donations

Advertise Here