Well......what am I going to do now?

Started by port perran, November 02, 2017, 04:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

So.......the big day has arrived.
I'm now retired. :D
After careful consideration I decided to retire completely and enjoy life.
So.....more time to explore our beautiful county and other parts of the UK and the globe that we haven't visited.
Lots of time for our allotments, driving our 1972 VW Camper, playing (badly) the guitar, watching sport, walking etc etc

Oh.....might do a bit of messing around with model railways as well.

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

tutenkhamunsleeping

martyn

If all goes well, I will retire on the day we take James St to Farnham next year...........

Martyn

David Asquith

Congratulations! :claphappy:  It's been said lot's of times but soon you will be wondering how you managed to fit in work around everything else you used to do.
I retired 7 years ago and moved immediately to Spain and since then have been working on the house, garden and loads of dogs, birds and other animals.  I realised I was working harder than I did at work so now the schedule is:  Get up, let animals out, have breakfast (leisurely), walk dogs, clean animals out, tea break.  DIY, currently rendering and painting, lunch, siesta, DIY and/or work on my scooters, walk dogs, Train time till bed time.  I have Wednesday and Saturday night off from trains because for some reason my wife want's to spend some time with me.
Enjoy your retirement.

Dave

MalcolmInN

Welcome to the club from me as well.  :wave:  :thumbsup:

I did that 35y ago but have only had time to do about half the things I wanted to do,,, if only I could remember what the other things were ,,,

Papyrus

Hah! As I have written in these pages before, retirement is a cruel illusion... I retired 4 years ago and my feet haven't hit the ground since! I've never been so busy. The model railway is still barely started  :( .

All the best for your retirement.

Chris

Jon898

Congratulations!

In preparation for the inevitable questions to come, you may want to refresh your memory of this thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29100.0

Jon

Newportnobby

Congratulations, Martin :beers:

I took early retirement 4 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did, or at least that's what my boss said :confused2: ;)
I'm quite sure you'll fill your days but, believe me, my body clock still wakes me up at the time I would to go to work. However, I just get a cup of coffee and go back to bed and read for a while.

outofgauge

Congratulations  ( lucky sod)  since you've listed all you'll be doing -please find time to keep in touch with the rest of us mere working idiots ! Be a dam shame to lose you now !  :claphappy: :laugh3:
Regards
Neil

Remember -this is not a practice ! One go only !
And I was Born ready .

Bealman

Congratulations on your retirement!   :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

kiwi1941

Having recently celebrated 20 years of retirement I find that there's only one drawback - you never get a day off! Brian
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Wendell Phillips.

Eternal paranoia is the price of liberty: vigilance is not enough. Len Deighton.

LAandNQFan

Congratulations, but just be careful how many other things you get involved in or that railway will never make progress.
Perhaps the proof that there is intelligent life in outer space is that they haven't contacted us.
Layout thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23416

dannyboy

Well done that man - enjoy the retirement.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Webbo

Ditto to all of the above from me, Martin

I think this retirement business is quite alright. Apparently some have a tough time adjusting to retirement. For me, not a bit even from the very first second. Days are as full as they ever were.

Enjoy the next phase of your life.
Webbo

keithbythe sea

Congratulations Martin, welcome to the club, hope that you have a long and happy one.

I'm only 7 months into my new "career", and thoroughly enjoying it. It is big change after 40+ years working but I don't miss working one bit. However, as others have said there does seem to be less time...(look at how slow my progress on Sonmel is)  :)  :beers:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations