!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Modelmaster/NGS decals  (Read 7365 times)

Offline koyli55002

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 5508
    • Awards
Re: Modelmaster/NGS decals
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2018, 12:02:56 pm »
I would have thought something from the proprietor of the company would be even more welcome and helpful, other than the "trolls" comment ? Only as an innocent bystander of course ......

Offline middlefour

• N Gauge Society Number: 14770
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2018, 12:23:56 pm »
I think a statement from the committee would be both welcome and helpful.

I think that would be most welcome to clarify their position on this and how things more on from here.
Steve

Offline RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2018, 01:01:59 pm »

Isn't the Yahoo group the correct forum for that? Correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK there's no official link between this forum and the NGS. As such I always feel a bit uneasy when I read demands for the NGS to make official statements on here. I'm as keen as the next to see a resolution to this mess. But we aren't the Parliamentary Select Committee on Model Railways so I don't think we ought to demand and expect anything official from the NGS on here.

Let's try and spread a little bit of love today.

Moderator Comment Original quoted text removed at the request of the OP
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 03:05:14 pm by Caz, Reason: Quoted text removed at the request of the OP »
Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit

I'm supporting Project Railway Honour

Offline middlefour

• N Gauge Society Number: 14770
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2018, 01:59:54 pm »
May I suggest that you read my one line comment again RailGooner, because there is no stated or implied 'demand' placed upon the NGS by me and I do not say that and statement made should be placed on this or any other forum. Indeed the correct place for it to be published, as and when any such statement may be made, would be in the Journal and the Society website. Please do not try to read into my words something that is demonstrably not there.
Steve

Offline Caz

• N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2018, 02:21:44 pm »
 :locked:

Ok, enough is enough, we've asked for your cooperation in keeping this thread within bounds but as the warning has not been heeded it's been locked.  If the NGS or a representative wish to make a reply we'll happily allow it to be posted.

Offline Caz

• N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #140 on: June 04, 2018, 08:09:18 pm »
Thread unlocked at the request of Scott to enable a reply to be posted, any problems and it will be locked again.

Offline NGS-PO

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: June 04, 2018, 08:14:23 pm »
All,

This for information purposes, from the NGS Chairman:

"The N Gauge Society entered into an arrangement with ModelMaster whereby the latter would sell and distribute those transfers and etched nameplates that were manufactured by ModelMaster exclusively for the Society and wholly owned by the Society.

Having reviewed this relationship after 12 months, the committee feel that it would be favourable to bring the storage, listing, selling and distribution of these transfers and nameplates back under the complete control of the N Gauge Society. Therefore, with immediate effect, we have asked ModelMaster to cease selling these items. We would ask members not to place any orders for N Gauge Society owned transfers or nameplates with ModelMaster, and to bear with us while we organise the transfer back to the Society. Any member who has placed an order with ModelMaster which has been paid for and is still awaiting fulfilment of that order is advised to contact ModelMaster for a refund."

Best

Scott

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 08:17:15 pm by NGS-PO »

Offline Dr Al

• Trade Count: (+49)
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: June 04, 2018, 09:04:40 pm »
This sounds good.

One question though - will Modelmaster still actually manufacture stocks going forward? It seems like production is at least some of the problem - I'm still waiting for a set of nameplates...only a year now....

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

Offline bridgiesimon

• N Gauge Society Number: 12318
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2018, 11:56:45 pm »
During a recent conversation I have had with the guy from ModelMaster, he told me that he has been contracted by Peco to produce a full batch of transfers for the oo and o gauge Parkside kit range - a massive job taking all of his time over the last many months, hopefully the N gauge kits will be included in this also.

Unsure what the situation is for N gauge but only a small proportion of the NGS range has ever appeared on the MM website frustratingly.

Best wishes
Simon

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £67.50
Above Goal: £2.50
Site Currency: GBP
104% 
August Donations

Advertise Here