!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: L'esprit de Lavaux  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Caz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: L'esprit de Lavaux
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2018, 07:36:25 pm »
I've found that once the ballast is in place, spray with water with a drop of washing up liquid in it using one of those fine misting bottles.  Don't use one that blows the ballast away or you'll have to start again. 

Wet a few feet at a time and then either spray or I prefer using a syringe to drop the 50% PVA/water mix onto the ballast between  the sleepers a sleeper at a time, fiddly but you don't risk blowing the ballast out of position and once you get a rhythm it is very quick to do and you don't get glue everywhere.

The syringe I use was originally from a printer ink refill kit but you can buy similar from a chemist.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 07:39:21 pm by Caz »

Offline GreyWolf

• N Gauge Society Number: 27321
  • Wolves are sociable, but may bite if irritated!
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2018, 06:55:45 pm »
Spent a couple of hours today getting plastered ...  :confused1:

Means that I can now start to plan out where things are going to go, like the Station and other buildings, road, fencing etc etc ...

Cheers  :beers:

Online trevis

• Awards
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2018, 06:45:22 am »
Looks good.

Don't you just love plastering, so tactile, if not messy. And you get an immediate sense of terrain. This just transformed my layout in a matter of hours before my eyes.

Not sure I would ever want to become a plasterer though now I've had the experience...

TC

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £67.50
Above Goal: £2.50
Site Currency: GBP
104% 
August Donations

Advertise Here