!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: My new locomotive works...  (Read 33571 times)

Offline paulprice

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: My new locomotive works...
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2017, 09:20:06 pm »
It looked better to me in rusty old pieces all over a workshop floor, I wonder what the going rate is for steel scrap?  >:D

Offline RichardBattersby

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22678
  • 2mm Association Number: 5151
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2017, 09:37:03 pm »
It looked better to me in rusty old pieces all over a workshop floor, I wonder what the going rate is for steel scrap?  >:D
:goggleeyes: :o :goggleeyes: :o :goggleeyes: :o :goggleeyes: :o :goggleeyes: :o :scowl:
Richard
Askham Battersby MKII - NE/Midland Modular Layout

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2017, 08:41:23 am »
Thanks guys, the model is far from complete and was thrown together for a photo opportunity as I was driving and couldn't get a photo of the real Flying Scotsman on Saturday.

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2017, 08:43:49 am »

Paul, you weren't the original project manager for the overhaul and restoration of Flying Scotsman were you? Given your comment above it would explain a great deal about why this took so long and ran heavily over budget...  :P

Offline paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2017, 09:07:06 am »

Paul, you weren't the original project manager for the overhaul and restoration of Flying Scotsman were you? Given your comment above it would explain a great deal about why this took so long and ran heavily over budget...  :P

Steve

You cant blame me for that, this is one of the rare occasion when I'm completely innocent  :angel:

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2017, 12:19:17 pm »
Steve

You cant blame me for that, this is one of the rare occasion when I'm completely innocent  :angel:

Oh, I'm not so sure. I think that we need to have a full public enquiry into any involvement you may have had in this. Maybe we can get the Spanish Inquisition to be an impartial investigator into this tragic affair...  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Offline paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2017, 12:23:40 pm »
Steve

Oh, I'm not so sure. I think that we need to have a full public enquiry into any involvement you may have had in this. Maybe we can get the Spanish Inquisition to be an impartial investigator into this tragic affair...  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

I did not expect that........

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2017, 01:49:09 pm »
I did not expect that........

No one expects........... The Spanish Inquisition!!!!  >:D >:D >:D >:D

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2017, 02:40:15 pm »
Cardinal Biggles ....................FETCH THE COMFY CHAIR!!!!
We'll move onto the soft cushions if that doesn't work.

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: June 30, 2017, 11:33:34 am »
Just to prove that the other locomotives are still progressing...

Both the K3s and the other D49 are in a similar state regarding painting, lining and numbering now (the D49 above will have it's number on the tender). However, as the BR D49 is to become a Hunt version of the class, I removed the cylinders and valve gear from the chassis and put them in a box somewhere safe until I was ready to start making modifications to them... Guess what...  :-[

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: June 30, 2017, 02:28:05 pm »
I removed the cylinders and valve gear from the chassis and put them in a box somewhere safe until I was ready to start making modifications to them... Guess what...  :-[

Somehow I get the feeling "I found them straight away" is not the answer :uneasy:

Offline keerout

• N Gauge Society Number: 21976
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: June 30, 2017, 05:36:42 pm »
 :laughabovepost:
Gerard  ;)

Offline Hailstone

• N Gauge Society Number: 17138
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: June 30, 2017, 10:09:13 pm »
Just to prove that the other locomotives are still progressing...

Both the K3s and the other D49 are in a similar state regarding painting, lining and numbering now (the D49 above will have it's number on the tender). However, as the BR D49 is to become a Hunt version of the class, I removed the cylinders and valve gear from the chassis and put them in a box somewhere safe until I was ready to start making modifications to them... Guess what...  :-[

start on something else, that how I find lost stuff, when I am looking for something else that I have lost, it's just a way of life for me....

Regards,

Alex

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: July 04, 2017, 06:09:33 pm »
First of all some good news, I've found the missing cylinders, valve gear and coupling rods for the BR D49! Thanks to Hailstone for the tip to get on with some other things.  :D

Unfortunately it was a little late in the day to do anything with these but I'll be starting to investigate how to tackle the modifications to convert the loco to rotary drive.

However, I did put the Humorist repaint back together today (while I still remembered where all the bits were!) and below it is pictured with the BR K3.

The K3 is largely complete, just needing the smokebox number plate making up and some large late crest logos to complete (I was given some by the eventual owner but unfortunately these are the small kind). Hopefully I'll have a little cash available from some design work I've been doing over the last couple of days and will order some more along with more transfers to complete the various wagons that have been pending for some time.

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #164 on: July 05, 2017, 03:30:18 pm »
Ok, one that hasn't been shown on here recently. Having found the various bits for the valve gear, I put the D49 Hunt's chassis back together so I don't lose the bits again. I've still got to pluck up the courage to modify the valve gear but below is a shot of how she looks at the moment.

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £40.00
Below Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
73% 
October Donations

Advertise Here
anything