!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: N gauge Cars (crowdfunded proposal)  (Read 8100 times)

ScottyStitch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: N gauge Cars (crowdfunded proposal)
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2016, 10:47:10 am »
The cars are still actively listed on the expression of interest page:

http://djmodels.co.uk/?page_id=47

Offline railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2016, 11:13:07 am »
But he isn't ignoring communication channels, he's not overly active on the forum you want him to be on. Dapol are using their own forum to canvas opinion and provide updates. They're not actively responding on other forums.
Umm, DJM started this thread, implying an interest in using this forum as a communication channel, but evidently hasn't followed through. Even with a "sorry guys, too busy to keep up here, please follow me on [link]". And is complaining about lack of interest in the advertised product... just saying like.
"Eigatani Tetsudo" - Japanese and other trains (planning), featuring:

Offline railsquid

• Awards
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2016, 11:17:05 am »
The cars are still actively listed on the expression of interest page:

http://djmodels.co.uk/?page_id=47

Ah, that was cunningly hidden.

ScottyStitch

« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2016, 11:17:49 am »
As far as I know, that's really the only place they have ever been, tucked away at the end.....

Offline railsquid

• Awards
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2016, 11:28:25 am »
Actually looking back through the thread, I see the first reaction is mine where I ask "where do I sign up", a question which was never actually answered.

As far as I know, that's really the only place they have ever been, tucked away at the end.....

Indeed, well hidden - it's like you need to know a) expressions of interest are hidden under "Other" and b) to scroll all the way down a very long list. I probably looked on the site before (under "DJM products") and found nothing. Have cautiously expressed interest...

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2016, 11:32:23 am »
But he isn't ignoring communication channels, he's not overly active on the forum you want him to be on. Dapol are using their own forum to canvas opinion and provide updates. They're not actively responding on other forums.
Umm, DJM started this thread, implying an interest in using this forum as a communication channel, but evidently hasn't followed through. Even with a "sorry guys, too busy to keep up here, please follow me on [link]". And is complaining about lack of interest in the advertised product... just saying like.

But he's not kept anyone updated. It's not like you've missed constant updates and feedback. I'm completely failing to see an issue here!

Offline railsquid

• Awards
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2016, 11:57:56 am »

But he's not kept anyone updated. It's not like you've missed constant updates and feedback. I'm completely failing to see an issue here!

The issue is he makes an announcement about a product which is interesting for quite a few people, fails to make it clear or easy where to place expressions of interest, then complains a few months later that "the cars have been an utter failure so far". I'm sure the odd quick update ("hey guys, expressions of interest are still open, click here") would have been conducive to reminding people to sign up (especially as it's not obvious from his site where to do that).

Anyway far be it from me to tell him how to run his business.

Offline railsquid

• Awards
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2017, 01:16:29 am »
Per comment on RMweb it looks like this proposal is not, alas, going ahead: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/118432-djmodels-ltd-end-of-year-report-2016/?p=2557989

Offline Mustermark

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19989
  • Ex-pat Brit in Maryland
    • Mark's Model Railway
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2017, 04:35:09 am »
Thanks for that Squid. Disappointing, but not surprising.

Now we just have to be just very hopeful for the NGS project to make the cars to go with the carflats.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
February Donations

Advertise Here