!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Poll

Would you be interested in a model of the Esso et al 35T Class A and/or Class B Petroleum and Heavy Oil Tanker wagons.

Yes - Class A - 1 or 2
2 (2.9%)
Yes - Class A - 5 to 10
8 (11.4%)
Yes - Class A - 11 or more
2 (2.9%)
Yes - Class B - 1 or 2
7 (10%)
Yes - Class B - 5 to 10
9 (12.9%)
Yes - Class B - 11 or more
2 (2.9%)
Yes - Both Class A and Class B (any number)
31 (44.3%)
No - Not interested
9 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: May 31, 2016, 10:02:38 am

Author Topic: Gauging Interest in Commisoning of Esso Class A and Class B 35T tanker Wagons  (Read 6638 times)

Offline acko22

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+2)
    • PROJECT RAILWAY HONOUR - HONOURING THE PAST, HELPING TODAY
    • Awards
It really depends on what age of wagons you are going for, but weathered wagons are always a good option.

Even if factory weathered and all the same it will provide a base layer of weathering to work on and create an individual look

ScottyStitch

• Trade Count: (0)
Encouraging results so far.

Please keep the votes coming and spread the word to members who maybe haven't seen the thread.

Using conservative figures i.e. taking the lower of the range of each option (1, 5, 11)  and assuming an average of 5 each of those requesting Both As and Bs to be produced:

Class A expressions: 168

Class B expressions: 165

Using optimistic figures i.e. taking the upper of the range (2, 10, 11) and assuming an average of 5 each of those requesting both As and Bs to be produced:

Class A expressions: 195

Class B expressions: 211

The real figure is probably somewhere in between?

Class A 181

Class B 188

Not bad from 45 respondents who are interested in the model. Also encouraging considering virtually no-one knows about the poll............(53 respondents - 8 not interested)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 01:46:55 pm by ScottyStitch »

ScottyStitch

I know of at least two Class B in preservation.

There is one at Foxfield and one at Severn Valley (regent branding)

ScottyStitch

A wee bump on this thread in case there are some who have not seen it before now.

Scotty.

Offline RichardBattersby

• N Gauge Society Number: 22678
  • 2mm Association Number: 5151
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Awards
Just voted for both. Probably 2-3 of each.  :thumbsup:
Richard
Askham Battersby MKII - NE/Midland Modular Layout

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

Online red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • NGS Product Development Officer
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
Folks

If you haven't voted in the poll and you are interested in this going from an idea to reality then I'd urge you to vote before the poll closes on 31 May!

Cheers, Mike

Offline chris newman

• N Gauge Society Number: 27118
    • Awards
Hi
    Just found this posting/poll!! Hope it's not too late to express my interest in this project.
            I would definitely be interested in 5-6 of each type & livery variants Pre TOPS period preferred and definitely weathered. Be interesting, what other liveries variants you turn up on your research!!!
Good luck with your project.

Regds

Chris

Offline RichardBattersby

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Awards
Is this model no longer going ahead? I ask because there are a couple of comments on the TEA thread that suggests this model hasn't done well. Also, there isn't a proper thread for it under the crowd funding section, although I seem to remember there being a proper thread for it?
Richard

Offline MacRat

• Awards

Offline Cooper

• N Gauge Society Number: 22643
  • 2mm Association Number: 5048
    • Awards
Yes, if you want this model to go ahead, (and the CAD drawings look amazing) then now is the time to make a firm order via the link posted above and going to the RevolutioN Trains order page.

You can pay everything up front, secure that the end products will be to the standard set by the TEA wagons. You can also pay half now and half later to help spread costs. But if you want these wagons to go into production, and don't order soon, then the chance will be lost. Only by grouping together to order, and helping by paying up front to get production started, will this model be made.

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS Vice President, Contributor to Model Rail
    • A Pendolino in N
    • Awards

Hi there,

Yes, just to emphasise that the Revolution projects stand alone - the TEAs and Pendolino have succeeded because enough people stepped forward.

The Class B tanks, which we would love to do, won't happen if those who are interested hold back.   Development funds can't be transferred from elsewhere as each projects stands or falls according to its backers.

Cheers

Ben A.

Offline RichardBattersby

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Awards
Thanks for the replies and link. I did think there was another page which I had read. At the time of me reading that page, it wasn't possible to place orders and since I don't frequent that section of the forum very often (seems weird I know) I hadn't seen it since it was originally started. Is there a reason the tank page is not in the crowdfunding section like the rest of your models? Not a criticism, it's just for me (and I suspect I'm the exception and not the rule) I have been checking the crowdfunding section regularly both for this model and others in the crowdfunding market, as it's something I'm keen on. As the main page for this model isn't in the crowdfunding section (and probably gets more views as a result) I wasn't aware that there has been much discussion (11 pages) but also that the model isn't an absolute in terms of production. I think looking at Tank's post that it isn't clear that this wasn't a dead cert, although had I engaged my brain it should have been obvious that it wasn't due to the nature of crowdfunding. Again, not a criticism, I'm just wandering if there was a subconscious 'resting on my laurels' associated with assuming that it was going ahead. I could have checked the Revolution website, for example, but didn't think to.  :sorrysign:

I am very much interested and will place my order this evening and, given the situation, will make it larger than I was previously intending, taking my lead from the many generous and kind-hearted people that have done so to try and make this model succeed. I saw the Pendolino and TEAs at York and was hugely impressed, I feel that this little model is going to be a triumph for N Gauge.

Apologies for the long post, I just feel guilty  :-[ for not already placing my order and for not even realising that the project was struggling. One suggestion from me would be to ask Tank to edit his original post with a big link to the Revolution website to facilitate ordering?

For those of you who have been following this thread and not the main one:

The main thread, as above, is here: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=34556.0

TO ORDER, go here: http://www.revolutiontrains.com/projects/35t-class-b-tank-wagon/

:thankyousign: :NGaugersRule:
Richard

Offline DCCDave

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • Awards
The Class B tanks, which we would love to do, won't happen if those who are interested hold back.   Development funds can't be transferred from elsewhere as each projects stands or falls according to its backers.

How close is it Ben, I've ordered some but would order more if it helped get over the line.

Cheers
Dave

Online red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
    • Awards
Hi Richard

No need to feel guilty.  Part of the reason Ben and I raised the situation was so that as many people as possible who were interested in the model got to see what is happening and where we are at.

I think at times it is easy for us all to forget that crowdfunding is not an easy option! It takes lots of work and reminding/informing/convincing people to make things happen, but when they do happen it is because the modelling community want it to happen.

We will have the CAD on display at Warley. If anyone wants to come and have a chat with us then we would be delighted!

Cheers, Mike

Online red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
    • Awards
How close is it Ben, I've ordered some but would order more if it helped get over the line.

Hi Dave

We will provide an update a couple of weeks after Warley as that seems a logical place to push the project (and see what the results are). 

Cheers, Mike

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
anything