!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol - Class 68  (Read 7606 times)

Offline davidinyork

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Dapol - Class 68
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2018, 06:58:35 pm »
Do you think Dapol or anyone will do the 6 no mark2 coach rakes in DRS and Scotrail Livery to accompany them in the future.

Dapol won't. Farish are working on new toolings for Mk2 aircons, but they've been delayed for years and look like being delayed for a while longer yet. Suppose they might do Scotrail at some point., but there are a lot more popular liveries for them to go at first.

Offline jpendle

• N Gauge Society Number: 23638
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2018, 07:23:28 pm »
I can't decide whether to buy DC and chip them with Zimo's or to go the whole hog and get DCC sound.

I haven't heard much about the Dapol Imperium decoder (which I assume will be in these models) other than the documentation is inadequate. so programming anything other than address is problematic.

Does anyone here have any experience with the Dapol decoders?

Regards,

John P
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:24:41 pm by jpendle, Reason: Typo »

Offline davidinyork

• Awards
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2018, 07:24:57 pm »
I can't decide whether to bu DC and chip them with Zimo's or to go the whole hog and get DCC sound.

I haven't heard much about the Dapol Imperium decoder (which I assume will be in these models) other than the documentation is inadequate. so programming anything other than address is problematic.

Does anyone here have any experience with the Dapol decoders?

This will be their first model with a Next-18 socket, so nobody is going to have any experience of their decoders for that.

Offline Merrylee

• Awards
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2018, 07:43:04 pm »
Do you think Dapol or anyone will do the 6 no mark2 coach rakes in DRS and Scotrail Livery to accompany them in the future.

Dapol won't. Farish are working on new toolings for Mk2 aircons, but they've been delayed for years and look like being delayed for a while longer yet. Suppose they might do Scotrail at some point., but there are a lot more popular liveries for them to go at first.

Looks like my Scotrail one will be on ballast duties. Although I did buy it as I do like the livery.

The DRS will be ballast and intermodal.

Do you not think it strange that Dapol would select a livery that there's not much to haul available. Surely this would affect sales.

Offline Caz

• N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2018, 07:48:18 pm »
From what I've found on 'tinternet it is suggested it is a rebadged TCS decoder and Dapol are supposed to be updating their website soon.

Shame it's not a rebadged Zimo  :(

Offline davidinyork

• Awards
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2018, 07:51:46 pm »
Do you not think it strange that Dapol would select a livery that there's not much to haul available. Surely this would affect sales.

There are currently only four liveries for the 68s, and they are doing three of them. No doubt the DRS-liveried ones will sell out quickest, but if the OO gauge ones are anything to go by the Scotrail ones will be reasonably popular.

The fourth livery is Transpennine Express, but only a couple of locos have appeared in that so far, and only recently. It seems probable that Dapol will do this livery in due course, although there's no stock to go with them either unless somebody produces mdoels of the Mk5 sets which are currently under construction.

They still haven't made any definite mention of stock to go with the Chiltern ones - and they can produce those as it's Mk3 carriages and DVTs, which are in Dapol's range (provided they do the one slam-door set in use on Chiltern).

Offline cazadoom

• N Gauge Society Number: 21448
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2018, 09:06:17 pm »

There are currently only four liveries for the 68s, and they are doing three of them. No doubt the DRS-liveried ones will sell out quickest, but if the OO gauge ones are anything to go by the Scotrail ones will be reasonably popular.

The fourth livery is Transpennine Express, but only a couple of locos have appeared in that so far, and only recently. It seems probable that Dapol will do this livery in due course, although there's no stock to go with them either unless somebody produces mdoels of the Mk5 sets which are currently under construction.

They still haven't made any definite mention of stock to go with the Chiltern ones - and they can produce those as it's Mk3 carriages and DVTs, which are in Dapol's range (provided they do the one slam-door set in use on Chiltern).

There is two variations of DRS one Compassy and one plain blue

Offline davidinyork

• Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2018, 09:09:07 pm »

There is two variations of DRS one Compassy and one plain blue

True, there are. The plain one is a temporary livery used on the newest batch which are going into Transpennine livery, so won't be around for long.

Offline captainelectra

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+7)
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Electra Railway Graphics
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2018, 09:39:08 pm »
By a strange co-incidence, I have just received some more ScotRail Fife Circular Mk2 vinyl sets into stock.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Electra Railway Graphics
Peterborough, UK
http://www.electrarailwaygraphics.co.uk
Flick Site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27017199@N07/

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • NGS Product Development Officer
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2018, 10:57:42 pm »
The 68s have been used on the majority of DRS workings now - plenty of ballast (including NR workings using IOAs and probably JNAs - both of which Dapol produce!), intermodals (eg Dapol Megafrets) and nuclear flask (Farish).  That is a pretty good start! That is before talking about the Chiltern workings.

Offline Merrylee

• Awards
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2018, 11:49:15 pm »
By a strange co-incidence, I have just received some more ScotRail Fife Circular Mk2 vinyl sets into stock.

What does the rake consist off....TSO, FO, BSO ?  6 no coaches.

Offline davidinyork

• Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2018, 11:59:31 pm »

BSO and 5 TSOs. There are two rakes.

Offline robert shrives

• N Gauge Society Number: 8743
  • 2mm Association Number: 4424
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2018, 07:44:24 pm »
Rails of Sheffield new arrival email this afternoon with 68s shown so on the way to traders ( others available of course! )

Robert 

Offline Busybee

• N Gauge Society Number: 21769D
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2018, 08:11:15 pm »
Dapol have said they were held up at Customs, but in there warehouse tomorrow, QC and on to shops.

Offline Merrylee

• Awards
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2018, 11:32:19 pm »

How would one be able to obtain a rake. Does GF do the appropriate Mark 2 coaches to apply vinyls to.

BSO and 5 TSOs. There are two rakes.

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
February Donations

Advertise Here