!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: East Lancashire lines  (Read 135620 times)

Offline lil chris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
Re: East Lancashire lines
« Reply #1800 on: May 03, 2018, 08:58:53 pm »
Well the plan tonight was to go cycling even though I have walked nearly 5 miles up a big hill this afternoon, but a unexpected puncture on the back wheel put paid to that, another job to do. I planned to go early to get back to watch the snooker, any way while watching the snooker I have had a small test run and things were not too bad . The 3f 43650 got stuck under the station tunnel where it was hard to get too, no problems with the class 47 with a passenger train. Small problem with 80119 running anti clockwise it caused the system to trip a couple of times on point 13, which I noticed the switch lever was the wrong way round, soon fixed. I use the levers on the Peco passing switches has a indicator to show which way the points are set, they are numbered and coloured to help matching the panel. No idea why it tripped the system, it had gone passed the point when it tripped, I also checked if the coaches were causing the problem. The track before that point is relatively straight so not sure why it happens, I run the loco over it slowly on its own and it did not happen, so more testing required.
Lil Chris
My layout here East Lancashire Lines
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29492.0

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #1801 on: May 03, 2018, 09:03:38 pm »
Sounds encouraging, Chris. Fingers crossed for the further testing.

Offline wookie

• N Gauge Society Number: 24741
    • Awards
« Reply #1802 on: May 04, 2018, 07:59:53 pm »
Well the plan tonight was to go cycling

I dragged my bike out of the shed today and pumped the tyres up, that was enough exercise for me  :D
I haven't been out on it for over a year, with all the health issues I had, but the plan is to get back inton the saddle now. (Mick - NO!!)

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #1803 on: May 04, 2018, 08:27:40 pm »
Moi? :angel:
With the improvement in the weather I must get my cycle tyres pumped up but with it being a Bank Holiday should I risk it on the roads :hmmm: :uneasy:

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1804 on: May 04, 2018, 08:37:00 pm »
We got our bikes out of the shed 2 weeks ago.
So far we have managed two return trips along the lane  for about a mile early on Sunday mornings before anyone (other than rabbits) is about.
We’re both pretty fit but cycling exercises bits that are not used to being exercised!
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Offline lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #1805 on: May 12, 2018, 08:47:13 pm »
Hello everyone, I must admit to not doing a lot on the Railway at the moment. I have made a leg for one of the corner sections and I have been trying to sort some of my boxes so I can find things. On other matters I have fixed the puncture on my bike but I also managed to fix another bike my son has left for my care. The bike is a Cube mountain bike with carbon frame so very light. The back brake was sticking bad and binding, to cut a long story short a guy in a cycle repair/service centre told me what to do to fix it and it has worked. That shop will now get any future work I need doing, I have been out on it twice this week,done about 20mile, trouble is I am a bit sore, but its so nice to ride.
Back to the railway, the plan is to do a good cleaning session,then try different locos and see how things go. I have a GF Black five I need to sort, If I can not fix it myself I might get it repaired by someone in the know.
Lil Chris

Offline lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #1806 on: June 01, 2018, 05:29:33 pm »
I have still not had the extensive testing session I need yet. I have decided I need to replace the other curved point but I have not got round to ordering it yet. It has been very warm in the loft room recently, so some keyboard practice and then out of there. I have some jobs to complete around the house at the moment,repairs plus a revamp to the kitchen,tiling and wallpapering needed,probably the last time I do it before I get too old.
With regard to the railway I am hoping the one point should improve running reliability, mind you I said that when I bought the last 3 sets of points so keeping fingers crossed on that one.
Lil Chris

Offline lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #1807 on: June 03, 2018, 08:13:22 pm »
What are you doing on here guys and gals, the Flying Scotsman is on CH5 Tv in the uk. I am a LMS man but Flying Scotsman is a iconic loco.........
Lil Chris

Offline rogerdB

• N Gauge Society Number: 27380
    • Awards
« Reply #1808 on: June 03, 2018, 08:28:11 pm »
What are you doing on here guys and gals, the Flying Scotsman is on CH5 Tv in the uk. I am a LMS man but Flying Scotsman is a iconic loco.........

Perhaps we saw it last time C5 broadcast it! And recorded it so we didn't have to watch the ads...

Offline lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #1809 on: June 03, 2018, 10:00:20 pm »
Thanks Roger I did not realise it had been on before.
Lil Chris

Offline rogerdB

• N Gauge Society Number: 27380
    • Awards
« Reply #1810 on: June 03, 2018, 10:57:14 pm »
Always good to see railway programmes, even if they are repeats. I assume the Scotsman shows are available on My5 for anyone who has missed them - both times!

Offline lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #1811 on: June 10, 2018, 11:05:24 pm »
Well everyone in the uk this weather is  great for walking, I love it, but not so good for my railway in the loft, its just too uncomfortable up there. Has it happens I have been working on the kitchen, new tiling and grouting is finished now, so somme painting to do and one wall to wall paper. Plus a bit of a problem  behind the back door, it needs tanking, thats not Thomas the Tank by the way.......
Lil Chris

Online Chetcombe

• N Gauge Society Number: 21564
    • YouTube
    • Chetcombe on YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #1812 on: June 11, 2018, 02:58:32 am »
Well everyone in the uk this weather is  great for walking, I love it, but not so good for my railway in the loft, its just too uncomfortable up there. Has it happens I have been working on the kitchen, new tiling and grouting is finished now, so somme painting to do and one wall to wall paper. Plus a bit of a problem  behind the back door, it needs tanking, thats not Thomas the Tank by the way.......

I hope absence makes the heart grow fonder in terms of modeling mojo!

Offline lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #1813 on: June 19, 2018, 08:52:33 pm »
Hello everyone, I am still here, still not much going on the railway at the moment while working on the house. I have ordered another code 80 live frog curved point for the fiddle yard, hope that will fix most of the problems on the clockwise run exiting the fiddle yard. Work on the house continues,the kitchen is more or less finished, just need some led lights for under the cupboards. The tiling went well, managed to fix behind the back door, found a nice piece of plastic to go in the corner once I had tanked it. I am now patching up around the house, a friend told me how much he had to pay for a decorator so a bit of wallpapering here and there and save a few quid. Plus having two new windows fitted to the front of the house next month, it gets all the weather on the front and the windows are about 20 years old and need replacing badly.
When the point comes I might just find time to fit it,I have a spare connector free on the hex juicer.
Lil Chris

Online Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #1814 on: June 20, 2018, 06:39:11 am »
Good perseverence on the house, Chris.  Keep plugging away.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash
www.innovationgame.com

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
September Donations