Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tidbury

It's known as Murphy's law or other names Mick , good luck with your motor bike ,Val still wants another motorbike and side car ,she had one and the kids used to love going to school in it .
Bob Tidbury

mr bachmann

good news on the bike Mick - but you bikers must be mad paying a few grand just to get  :censored: wet when it rains  :D

port perran

Enjoy your bike Mick.
And, it's good to see the sun again down here. We've had 4 wet days since Sunday (sometimes very wet). Shame we can't send some up to you.
Anyway, it's sun all the way again in the forecast for us but at least our pets (tortoises) love it.
:)
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

outofgauge

You won't be rushing Up to Rivy barn on a Sunday anytime soon then Mick ! Looks like you'll be frequenting the lesser popular bike spots on a Sunday-Settle is getting popular -and you can pop round to dcc concepts gaff and say hello !
Regards
Neil

Remember -this is not a practice ! One go only !
And I was Born ready .

NinOz

Do scamers have a season?

5 answered calls over the last 2 weeks from a recorded voice "Nichole" of the NBN telling me they have urgently trying to contact me and will be turning off my internet in 24 hours if I don't arrange a connection with their technician.  "press 1 to talk to the technician".
At least 8 answered calls in last 3 weeks from someone from Telstra claiming my cable modem is generating errors and causing problems on the internet.  They will help me check it and fix it.  Most calls are slightly different but still the same core approach.
2 approaches from hawkers at the door claiming to save me money; by basically scaming for power retailers.  I have had 4 of these within the last year.  How many times do they think the same people would fall for their lies, ommissions and misrepresentations?  Last one I played along until I received a contract by e-mail which I then rejected.  Most interesting to study the techniques used.
Also not answered a goodly amount of calls which were obviously from scammers.
Just waiting for the yearly flood of calls and e-mails from the "tax office" about refunds or amounts I need to send in the form of i-tune or gift cards to avoid a gaol sentence.

Anyone for reintroduction of the stocks for these annoying sods?
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

daffy

Stocks are just not enough for these people. :no: Those they successfully scam do not necessarily have the mental tools to recognise and deal with them properly - like ignoring them or telling them to take a hike - and the results for these unfortunates can range from irritating, costly, or can even be life changing and disastrous.

I'm a peace loving man, but I'm having great difficulty getting the image of a Firing Squad out of my mind. :veryangry2:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bealman

I simply do not answer unknown numbers.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on July 06, 2018, 08:40:31 AM
I simply do not answer unknown numbers.

Likewise. Caller display is well worth having. I don't answer calls from mobiles to my landline either as, for whatever reason, my brain cell can't equate mobile numbers to people like it can with landline numbers. My mobile doesn't work at home as there is no reception from any of the suppliers so it's not switched on until I go out. If the caller display shows 'International' I just ignore it. If it's a member of the Royal Family in trouble I'm sure they'll leave a message :laugh:

MinZaPint

My "Little Treasure" taunting me not with a pic of the fabulous Crab sandwich but a pic of the bar stocked with my favourite local brewery's finest

some women have no :heart: but she bought me back a bottle of Lyme Regis brew  :-*
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Bealman

I wasn't going to respond to this but you just reminded me I'm out the stuff  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Not only that but the barmaid obviously pays you to drink there! :goggleeyes:
Where is this pub, David? (Strictly between you and I, and maybe 5000 other members :D)

Jerry Howlett

Is it still brewed at Bridport ?

Remember sampling their products back in 1975 in the "Ship Inn" on the last day of the Bridport Branch, I believe I caught the penultimate train from there, luckily DMU's in those days had toilets.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

daffy

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 06, 2018, 12:37:59 PM
Where is this pub, David? (Strictly between you and I, and maybe 5000 other members :D)

Ah Mick, you have failed to pass today's test - spot the barmaid (is that term still used these PC days?) and her emblazoned Polo shirt. :)

:D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

Quote from: daffy on July 06, 2018, 02:06:28 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on July 06, 2018, 12:37:59 PM

Ah Mick, you have failed to pass today's test - spot the barmaid (is that term still used these PC days?) and her emblazoned Polo shirt. :)

:D

To a large extent I'm not up to date with what's PC or not so I hope 'barmaid' is still an acceptable term. Maybe it should be 'barperson'?
All I know is she's paying someone what looks like £20 for drinking there :hmmm:

guest311

why do they always put these logos on the eerrr 'chest' area, where it is not 'pc' to look long enough to read them  :-[

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations