peco collett gwr loco

Started by brbluewill, November 28, 2011, 01:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brbluewill

does anyone know if they are producing more of these loco's?????
Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

Newportnobby

Quote from: gwrwill on November 28, 2011, 01:36:04 PM
does anyone know if they are producing more of these loco's?????

Sorry, Will, but I am sure I read on this here forum that Peco have no plans for further runs :(

Shiney Sheff

You can still buy them new, just do a search on google

MinZaPint

Lovely runner if you can get one even if they are a bit pricey!
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

zwilnik

I saw one going for £100 at the West Sussex N Gauge Society's show last month (shop one too!). Was tempted, but didn't pick it up. Should have really!

With them being DCC built in, how well do they run on DC layouts out of the box (ie do they need the chip to be programmed to DC mode or anything?)

MinZaPint

I'm on DC and have no problems, although my layout is an out and back so no long runs. probabely my best runner.
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Bikeracer

Quote from: Zwilnik on November 28, 2011, 06:06:35 PM

With them being DCC built in, how well do they run on DC layouts out of the box (ie do they need the chip to be programmed to DC mode or anything?)

I ran mine in on DC and now run it on DCC,no need to touch anything.It really is a smooth runner,it's a pity that Peco don't make a greater range.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

zwilnik

excellent. Next time I see one for £100 I'm buying it then :)

brbluewill

Quote from: Shiney Sheff on November 28, 2011, 04:47:41 PM
You can still buy them new, just do a search on google

have you any links the ones i can find are pre order which i don't understand as they are not making anymore ???or maybe i'm just thick ;D ;D

poliss

Shiney Sheff

Rails of Sheffield are showing them in stock at £128 or £134.50

brbluewill

thanks have sent an email fingers crossed :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Not wishing to put the kibosh on things, but the first one I had from Hattons was a 'coffee grinder' so I sent it back and the replacement is great - very smooth runner on DC as I don't do this new fangled DCC stuff (that should throw the brown stuff into the rotating thingy :evil:)

GrahamB

I've got two.

The first one ran badly.
The second didn't run at all!

Both got sorted by Peco and are now very smooth runners on DC. I don't do DCC and really wish they'd sold it as just DCC ready.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Bikeracer

Quote from: gwrwill on November 28, 2011, 06:23:58 PM

have you any links the ones i can find are pre order which i don't understand as they are not making anymore ???or maybe i'm just thick ;D ;D

Totally N gauge have one,you'll have to phone for price though.Phone on Thursday and ask for Wendy,she's the boss.
http://www.totalngauge.co.uk/?i=154838

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations