Christmas presents to self!!

Started by GroupC, December 17, 2014, 05:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinZaPint

Quote from: newportnobby on December 17, 2014, 08:32:55 PM
I've got so much on pre-order with a well known retailer in Sheffield that I always ask for vouchers for birthday (Oct) and Christmas. To my mind both Farish and Dapol have shot themselves in the foot by not getting stuff through in time for Christmas, even though they were announced what seems years ago. There's no N gauge stuff I want other than what's on pre-order so I'm not tempted in that respect.
Other than that, Liz Hurley's told me she's busy :'(
Excuses ::)

I agree with you about the Farish & Dapol stuff, the West Country & BoB seem to have disappeared off the radar and like you there's nothing current that I want apart from what I need to do myself on the layout, hope to have one board operational shortly!  ::) So present to myself 36 pints of Palmers Best  :claphappy:  :beers: and one of their tea mugs for when I need to sober up!

So you're still in a Tiz about Liz, not even a card?  :sorrysign: chin up you'll pull through  :thumbsup:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

d-a-n

I'm thinking of heading to Liverpool or Sheffield to buy some bits after Christmas as a late present to myself - I reckon I'll find something to impulse buy...

On the non-train front, I am thinking about getting a 4G phone, most likely an iPhone 5c/5s

Croxy

Quote from: Bealman on December 17, 2014, 10:40:58 PM
Blue Pullman. Oops.... I got one last year.  :doh:

LOL.....a matching set perhaps??????

I have a Dapol Class 58 & a new GF Class 37 somewhere in transit.... :laugh3:
If you like it run it......

railsquid

I've taken a fancy to this Japanese pre-war EMU which is on sale at quite a reasonable price.

Bealman

Nice, isn't it. Has the character and livery of the period... for some reason it reminds me of the American "doodlebugs."

Can't understand a word of the rest, though  :confused2:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

weave

Hi all,

Have been very greedy to myself this year and still trying to justify what happened.........

SWMBO asked what I really, really wanted. A Mabar Spanish DMU TER 597 (not cheap) from a Spanish ebay shop...Fine.

Came to pay, it had been sold  :(

So next Arnold RENFE 321 loco in green but wasn't sure if I liked the paint job (posted on 'continental'). Also liked the black and yellow 'taxi' livery but not available.

Went for a Portuguese CP 4701 for a future more modern spanish/portuguese layout and 3 spanish coaches to be from SWMBO SANTA. Done and dusted.

The coaches were a good idea but the loco was where it all went wrong. Limited edition so thought worth getting now but the big kid in me will want to play!

Then Spanish ebay re listed as had 2 more DMUs in stock and another spanish shop had the RENFE 321 'taxi' in stock.

Needed a bus so went on a German site and bought a bus, well 2, some bus shelters, 2 french coaches, a spanish container wagon and 2 tractors for the farm....plus the DMU and loco above  :worried:

Daren't go to the bank to check my balance.

With regard to the original post about what can you justify buying yourself, it is simply 1 thing... ONE BUS as I need to work out the clearance of a roundabout at the ferry terminal.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS to you all and any turkey and ham leftovers will be much appreciated.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Neonoodle

Have gottem myself the Dapol Ews class 58 with dcc fitted,  in there specails sale, and the grafar Eddie the engine, from the cheap price on the DRS website, also bought the Gaugemaster DBS 66 but wife says I have to give it to her when it arrives until Christmas day.

joe cassidy

Other than that, Liz Hurley's told me she's busy

I'll let you know how our date went !

Best regards,

Joe

BudgieJane

I have an old roofless rotting rotten 7' x 5' garden shed. So as a Christmas present to myself I am going to replace it with something approximating 25' x 9', which was once a portable office building but, as far as the appropriate regulations (planning & building) are concerned, will be a garden shed. I don't need to tell you what I shall put in it.
Best wishes

Jane

Newportnobby

Quote from: joe cassidy on December 19, 2014, 08:43:02 PM
Other than that, Liz Hurley's told me she's busy

I'll let you know how our date went !

You, sir, are a cad and a bounder :envy:

Quote from: BudgieJane on December 19, 2014, 10:38:59 PM
I have an old roofless rotting rotten 7' x 5' garden shed. So as a Christmas present to myself I am going to replace it with something approximating 25' x 9', which was once a portable office building but, as far as the appropriate regulations (planning & building) are concerned, will be a garden shed. I don't need to tell you what I shall put in it.

That is going to be SOME railway room :goggleeyes:

MinZaPint

Well it's tapped and will be ready to drink at 11.35 tomorrow, ready for testing before our guests arrive  :claphappy:

Cogito Sumere potum alterum

SD35

They weren't planned to be Christmas presents to self but the arrival of these from Mercig Studios is very timely.   ;D

Zakalwe

nice

I've recently taken delivery of the arriva trains box set just in time for Christmas... order was placed in time for my birthday in June... would be impolite not to order the extra 2 coaches so more damage to the credit card
"I just think people overvalue argument because they like to hear themselves talk."

alibuchan

I was doing really well in not spending anything with the Pendolino kickstarter in full swing. But then I got the email saying the DRS 37/4 was out then 2 days later the DRS 57/3. So my play of not spending any money has gone right out of the window!

Never mind I'm sure I will get over it!

Caz

Just been notified by Hattons that my pre order for the Countryside Coal set containing a S&DJR blue Jinty is being packed for despatch, don't think it will reach here by Christmas but should be here by the Spanish Christmas, 3 King's Day, 6th January so it is almost a Christmas present.   :)

The Digital control unit included with the set will be up for sale once I know it all works.

Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35%