DJ Models 2014 Announcements

Started by steam-driven boy, July 23, 2014, 12:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprintex

Don't think there's any need for the sarcastic attitude  :no:

However it does substantiate my earlier point that many people avoid RMweb for various reasons that are their own business, whether it be attitudes of some of the members, lack of impartiality due to the funding, or any other reason I can't think of at this time of night ;)

Paul

DCCDave

Quote from: Sprintex on August 13, 2014, 10:38:44 PM
Don't think there's any need for the sarcastic attitude  :no:

However it does substantiate my earlier point that many people avoid RMweb for various reasons that are their own business, whether it be attitudes of some of the members, lack of impartiality due to the funding, or any other reason I can't think of at this time of night ;)

Paul

Er. bigotry?

If people don't want to use RMWeb that's up to them, but it seems to me that there's some fairly childish stances been exhibited here.

If you don't like it then fair enough but I've read all I want to read about RMweb bashing on here.
Funny I've not seen one single NGaugeForum bash on RMWeb. Compare and contrast...

Just my two penneth
Dave

Roy L S

I have no personal interest in a Pendolino in N and could not "vote" to buy one because much as I like the prototype I could never commit £250 of my finite modelling budget to one on a whim.

However if anyone genuinely does want one there will be a need for any such project to gain "traction" by having sufficient interest expressed before anyone in their right mind would invest time and effort in a "Kickstarter" project.

My suggestion is therefore to put any issues aside as regards RM Web and go on there to vote if you really want one. I would humbly suggest that this opportunity will not come along again anytime soon.

Roy

DCCDave

Quote from: Roy L S on August 13, 2014, 11:12:52 PM
I have no personal interest in a Pendolino in N and could not "vote" to buy one because much as I like the prototype I could never commit £250 of my finite modelling budget to one on a whim.

However if anyone genuinely does want one there will be a need for any such project to gain "traction" by having sufficient interest expressed before anyone in their right mind would invest time and effort in a "Kickstarter" project.

My suggestion is therefore to put any issues aside as regards RM Web and go on there to vote if you really want one. I would humbly suggest that this opportunity will not come along again anytime soon.

Roy

Spot on Roy, If you want one and can commit the cash up front then you should vote no matter where the vote is hosted. At £250 it would be a bargain (that's cheaper than a 6 car Blue Pullman, and if you model the era probably then it's a much more widespread model).

If your preferences lie elsewhere then why not have a word with Dave Jones and see if he'll produce a 'Kickstarted' project of your own choice.

Non of this is compulsory...

Cheers
Dave

Pete @ EGLM

Hi All

I could afford to commit to buy a Pendo, however I will not do so as there has been no actual plastic produced by DJ Models yet.  Once the hype has been backed up by actual models then I may feel able to splash the cash.

Regards to all

Pete @ EGLM

njee20

Indeed that was the consensus - wait until Dave's actually released setting tangible before asking folk to commit.

Bealman

Quote from: Geoff on August 13, 2014, 10:20:14 PM
Been on RMWeb once, and that was one to many times, if I have an interest on Daves Models I will get any info from his web site.

Oh and by the way I will never cut off my nose to spite anything, this forum has it all for me and there is no need to see how the other half lives.
That's once more than me, and likewise I shall get info from the site, or better still, the N GAUGE forum. I have no interest in a Pendulum anyway. It ain't blue.  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Geoff

Quote from: njee20 on August 13, 2014, 10:31:17 PM
Quote from: Geoff on August 13, 2014, 10:20:14 PM
Quote from: njee20 on August 13, 2014, 09:17:17 PM
Actually I'd say anyone who doesn't go onto RMWeb to register their intent on principle is cutting their nose off to spite their face...

It was a fairly organic discussion that led to that thread, Dave didn't wade in and say 'right, who wants an n gauge Pendo?'

Been on RMWeb once, and that was one to many times, if I have an interest on Daves Models I will get any info from his web site.

Oh and by the way I will never cut off my nose to spite anything, this forum has it all for me and there is no need to see how the other half lives.

That depends if you have any interest in a Pendolino really doesn't it...

Oh yeah I never mentioned I am not interested in Pendolino, but I would just wish that RMWeb word was not brought up it just seems its RMWeb this and RMWeb that lately on here, and DCCDave I am not bashing RMWeb if I could I would bash some of the membership and there attitudes between N and 2mm, now that what really gets up my nose, my outlook is that anyone can model what they want but when N Gauge gets a slating from a 2mm modeller than that just takes the biscuit and when I decided to come away from that forum.

Oh boy I am done with this life is to short.
Geoff

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

It is indeed, and at the risk of repeating myself for the nth time on this forum, I'm gonna do it again.

WE ARE JUST BIG BOYS AND GIRLS PLAYIN' WITH TRAINS.

Now may I remind all the big boys and girls of the title of this thread...

We are heading off topic here.  :thumbsup:

George

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Pengi

Quote from: Bealman on August 14, 2014, 06:57:58 AM

. . .  I have no interest in a Pendulum anyway. It ain't blue.  ;)
You never know what might happen in the future regarding merry-go-round of trainsets between the TOCs. If First had won the franchise, then we would probably have got blue Pendolinos ;D.

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Karhedron

East coast Pendolinos on their way. Not sure if they will differ from the WCML versions but more prototypes is always a good thing.

http://www.arriva.co.uk/media_centre/press_releases/2013/december/131212-gnerconsultation.aspx?sc_lang=en

Also, I believe there is a new open access operator planning Pendolinos to Blackpool and Huddersfield. Again this could offer another livery variation.

http://www.arriva.co.uk/media_centre/press_releases/2014/june/12-jun-2014a.aspx?sc_lang=en
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Pengi

The Virgin livery does much to enhance the shape of the front of the Pendolino - will be interesting to see what they look like in other liveries
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: Pengi on August 14, 2014, 09:42:06 AM
The Virgin livery does much to enhance the shape of the front of the Pendolino

Aye, a perfect match to my eyes :thumbsup:

red_death

Quote from: Pete @ EGLM on August 13, 2014, 11:52:49 PM
I could afford to commit to buy a Pendo, however I will not do so as there has been no actual plastic produced by DJ Models yet.  Once the hype has been backed up by actual models then I may feel able to splash the cash.

At the moment all people are asking is indications whether it is even worth starting a Kickstarter campaign.

I agree that it would be prudent to allow Dave to have produced something before leaping in.

Putting aside all likes or dislikes about RMweb, I happen to agree with Roy that this is perhaps a one-off opportunity to make this happen.  It won't happen if people don't even express interest, followed by (as Steve said) converting that initial interest into a firm pledge (or pledges) via Kickstarter.

If you want a Pendolino in N and keep quiet about it then I'm afraid DCCDave is right that we will be cutting our nose off to spite our face!

Cheers, Mike

ScottyStitch

Quote from: red_death on August 14, 2014, 10:50:07 AM
Quote from: Pete @ EGLM on August 13, 2014, 11:52:49 PM

At the moment all people are asking is indications whether it is even worth starting a Kickstarter campaign.

I agree that it would be prudent to allow Dave to have produced something before leaping in.

Putting aside all likes or dislikes about RMweb, I happen to agree with Roy that this is perhaps a one-off opportunity to make this happen.  It won't happen if people don't even express interest, followed by (as Steve said) converting that initial interest into a firm pledge (or pledges) via Kickstarter.

If you want a Pendolino in N and keep quiet about it then I'm afraid DCCDave is right that we will be cutting our nose off to spite our face!

Cheers, Mike

Wholeheartedly agree with this.

If NGF members would take the time to go and at least look at the thread on RMWeb, you'll see that this isn't just a test of water for a Pendelino, it's a test on the demand for electric traction. There are plenty members everywhere in the N fraterrnity that bemoan the lack of AC electrics in the scale, and scoff at the suggestion that they just don't sell. Well now is the chance to prove that conclusion wrong (if indeed it is.)

As has been noted, £250 to many is a large sum of money, but it's less than the RRP for the Blue Pullman. That's about two and a half single locomotives worth, and you get potentially a nine car unit in one go. No waiting on suitable carriages to be released at a later date to complete the train!

Under the Kickstarter concept, you would not be asked to stump up that £250 now, you would be asked to pledge that amount. The money would only be taken when the total goal amount was reached (e.g. £250,000) If the goal isn't reached, then everyone walks away.

It's practically impossible to model the WCML without one, and as others have alluded to, it is being considered for other main lines.

If you want one, vote yes. If you don't need one but it could be shoehorned into your era/layout, vote yes. If you desperately want to see AC Electric traction grow in N, vote yes. But swallow your "pride" and do it on RMWeb, because if you don't, you certainly ARE cutting off your nose to spite your face.

If they did the same for a class 21/29, I'd bite their hand off!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations