Dapol and my light bar problem.

Started by Elvinley, September 16, 2011, 05:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvinley

I may have had problems with Dapol in the past, but Joel, their director has been a star about my light bar problem.

I bought a Collett coach and light bar at TINGS. I installed the light bar later that day and it got so hot it melted the roof. I posted a comment about it on their Facebook page and Joel asked me to email him. He asked me to send the coach and light bar and In return for the faulty items he has sent me a new coach and a new light bar PLUS another coach and light bar!

I have tried them all out and all is fine. Very happy with this response so thought I would share it. Looks like things are improving dramatically with Dapol's customer service.

I would advise members to use the Dapol Facebook page.

painbrook

Nice to read your post , we are always quick to moan , so credit when it's due . Cheers john  .

guest311

sounds like someone at Dapol has been reading this forum, and has decided to own the problem.

if this is a foretaste of a new style of customer service from them, then perhaps there will be no more ammunition for Dapol bashing, and that can only be good for us in better service, and them in happier customers, and hopefully increased sales.

we all know anything can go wrong, but what defines the experience is how your problem is resolved, or too often, not.

all credit to Joel, and thanks to Elvinley for putting the positive up for scruitiny.

cheers

alan
class37025

4x2

Great to hear some good news for change !

A big  :thumbsup: for Dapol then... quick response and problem sorted - now thats how customer service should be ! I've also heard good things about the new class 26 - well done Dapol, hope things keep getting better, I have moaned a bit in the past... So it's great to see progress  :thumbsup:
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Mustermark

Thanks for the positive post.  Good to hear that you got resolution.  Good tip about their Facebook page - maybe Facebook isn't totally useless! :smiley-laughing:

Hopefully I won't need it... I will be getting a bunch of stuff from Dapol.  An HST is on its way and I will get a Western - but have you seen the Bubble Car review on RMWeb?  It looks fantastic.  Hopefully all will run well, but it's great to hear that Dapol will be there for us if there's a problem. :thumbsup:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Mustermark on September 16, 2011, 09:53:41 PM
have you seen the Bubble Car review on RMWeb?  It looks fantastic. 

I saw the model at TINGS and have mailed my pre order supplier today to see when I'm likely to receive it. Hopefully it will run as well as it looks - review to follow when I have my mitts on it :thumbsup:

poliss

I don't know what the Kato service department is like because I've never had any problems with Kato models. Could it be because they have an excellent quality control department?

Sithlord75

Quote from: poliss on September 17, 2011, 12:42:12 AM
I don't know what the Kato service department is like because I've never had any problems with Kato models. Could it be because they have an excellent quality control department?

Dad had a Kato loco which ended up needed new gears - about 20 years after he purchased it at a closing down sale in a shop he hadn't been to in ages so he didn't know how long they had it.  He happened to be going to Tokyo and took the loco with him and found his way out to the Kato supermarket (he reckoned that was the only way to describe it) and then their spare parts section.  Bloke there took it away and 15 mins later came back with it all fixed.  Apparently they still had original spares for it! Now been going another 5 years with no worries.
Kevin Knight
"Do or do not - there is no try"

My blog thingo can be found here: http://www.sithlordsrailwayblog.blogspot.com

Sithlord75

Quote from: Elvinley on September 16, 2011, 05:29:16 PM
I would advise members to use the Dapol Facebook page.

I have found the FB page to be quite a useful tool for contacting Dapol too.  Haven't always like the answer, but at least there is one so  :thumbsup: for that.
Kevin Knight
"Do or do not - there is no try"

My blog thingo can be found here: http://www.sithlordsrailwayblog.blogspot.com

Elvinley

The newly fitted light bars are absolutely fine and do look really good.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: poliss on September 17, 2011, 12:42:12 AM

I had a US kato chassis (now under a class 33) which had an armature problem. kato-usa spares for it were no problem even though it was discontinued for some time. Totally different to the UK market !
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations