funny signs

Started by Alex, August 29, 2011, 07:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Hi,

Not sure if this should be here or in jokes thread.

Saw a sign on the back of a lorry on the way back from Fort William today.

Apart from Hemerroids keep away from my a*se  :smiley-laughing:

Anyone have any more?

Alex

guest311

saw one in a car in Brighton a few weeks ago

"the last person so close to my a**e had at least bought me dinner first"

cheers
class37025

Alex

Newportnobby

Seen on the back doors of an artic - Your braking distance stops here
Also on the back doors of another artic - right hand door stated "overtaking", the left hand door stated "undertaking"

upnick

A sign i  came across on the net  ;)

& this van  was spotted in the parking lot of  a hotel where the  owner & his girlfriend where stopping where his wife caught up with it   ::)

longbridge

A popular one in Australia "Don't vote why encourage the B-st-rds".
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

upnick

Quote from: oldrailbug on August 29, 2011, 10:38:29 PM
A popular one in Australia "Don't vote why encourage the B-st-rds".

Does this just apply to Australia   :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

N Gauge Bob

One of the best I ever saw was an alteration to the old sign disabled driver...no hand signals
It had been modified to read...
Disabled hand signals...no driver!!!
Remember this:
Amateurs..............built the Ark!
Professionals........built the Titanic!

Gooders

Quote from: upnick on August 29, 2011, 10:36:13 PM
& this van  was spotted in the parking lot of  a hotel where the  owner & his girlfriend where stopping where his wife caught up with it   ::)

Something similar to this happened to a colleague of mine at my last firm. His wife stuck a large, home made poster, listing all of her grievances and all of his (alleged) faults, to the windscreen of his car while it was parked in the company car park where all of his friends and colleagues could see it. Mostly awkward, embarrassed silences all round and one or two quiet sniggers.
I wanted to invent an engine that could run for ever. I could have developed a new train had I stayed in the railway. It would have looked like the AK-47 though. - Mikhail Kalashnikov

longbridge

We used to take our girlfriends parking and for whatever when we were young, many of us had a sticker on the back window of the car which read " Don't laugh Lady it could be your Daughter in here". (how true).
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Quote from: oldrailbug on August 30, 2011, 01:02:17 PM
We used to take our girlfriends parking and for whatever when we were young, many of us had a sticker on the back window of the car which read " Don't laugh Lady it could be your Daughter in here". (how true).

Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear - "whatver" indeed ;)

cloughie

your skid marks stop here

I wish my wife was as dirty as this van

please leave a safe distance or you my be hit by the tea bag from my brew

also in white

if you can see the back of my cab, some one has nicked my trailer

this vehicle is limited to 56 kph except fridays

if this vehicle is being driven correctly, ring the police as it has been stolen

am I there yet

Mustermark

Quote from: cloughie on August 30, 2011, 03:25:58 PM
if you can see the back of my cab, some one has nicked my trailer

this vehicle is limited to 56 kph except fridays

if this vehicle is being driven correctly, ring the police as it has been stolen

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Haven't actually seen those before!

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

cloughie

comes of being a lorry driver for the last 30 years Mark

I remember on the south bound M6, a lorry had gone right through the central barriers and got half way up the bank on the north bound side, some one came on the C.B. and said  " if he had his diff lock in, I reckon he would have made it over the top ::)

cloughie
am I there yet

poliss

What about the funny town and place names? In Durham there's a place called Pity Me. There's also the River Piddle in Dorset.
If you Google funny-town-names-from-around-the-world/ and look at the third result you'll see lots of very rude town names.  :-[ (Over 18s only.)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations