Oxford Diecast - 2017 deliveries and announcements

Started by woodbury22uk, January 12, 2017, 02:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Portpatrick

On an earlier post on this topic I welcomed the planned "New Style" Mini - at last a current everyday sort of car, such as you might see in station and other car parks.  There is a real dearth of such things.  Now in the May Hornby Magazine I see the plans in OO include a Nissan Qashqai.  Maybe not as common as a Focus, Mondeo, Vectra etc but a N Gauge version would be welcome and go well in either the station car park at my new layout Allanbrae or the Premier Inn behind the station.

On a different note I also saw a OO Austin 7.  Looks like the 1933 version my father owned from 1949 until 1954 by which time the arrival of son no 2 the previous year (me) necessitated a bigger car.

woodbury22uk

The Oxford blog for 22 April 2017 shows how easy it is to design moulds for making model vehicles! Might make your head ache.

https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/blogs/news
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

RailGooner

daffy

Fascinating article. Thanks.

Just wish, as with many blogs, posts and such, that writers would proof-read their work and correct all the typos. In this case it just made for more laboured reading, but I enjoyed the insight into moulds.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

woodbury22uk

The most recent blog episode from Oxford Diecast indicates that there are 18 new N items to be announced at the end of May. Helpfully Oxford quote the barcode numbers which are totally meaningless as they are unrelated in any way to product numbers. Suffice to say there are two new cars (could be another colour on the Morris 1000 and the Jowett Javelin), plus a number of commercials, emergency, haulage, military and omnibus items. I am sure it will generate a bit of froth amongst the non-cognoscenti, until the real announcements are made. If nothing else the barcode sequence indicates the scale of the Oxford operation with barcodes in the 2400 series since their current 50555301 series began 10 years ago.

https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/blogs/news/release-programme-2-2017-and-hidden-messages
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

woodbury22uk

Couple of new items being released over the coming days.

NFT001  Ford Transit van, short wheelbase, low roof. Plain white livery
NNR003 New Routemaster bus - London United - silver livery

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

bridgiesimon

Quote from: woodbury22uk on May 16, 2017, 12:16:12 AM
The most recent blog episode from Oxford Diecast indicates that there are 18 new N items to be announced at the end of May. Helpfully Oxford quote the barcode numbers which are totally meaningless as they are unrelated in any way to product numbers.

I am just hoping these are actually going to be new castings etc rather than another set of old models in new colours. I keep looking at the ranf=ges in larger scales and think 'if only we could have those in N gauge!'

Best wishes and fingers crossed
Simon

Yet_Another

Quote from: woodbury22uk on May 24, 2017, 05:14:06 PM

Yes yes yes, but what about the mk 3 Cortina? I've been waiting for ages!

:'(
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Dorsetmike

Still no pre ww2 leylands, nor anything in Hants & Dorset  or Wilts & Dorset livery.  They're even worse than Dapol & Farish as far as models suitable for Southern  Layouts especialy grouping period, a few Southdown, Southern National and Western National, nothing in between.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

woodbury22uk

Set your layout in the West Midlands for WW2 onwards with Midland Red, Birmingham Corporation, and Wolverhampton austerity/utility buses.  A bit over scale but seems you cannot have everything! :-)
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

woodbury22uk

Quote from: Yet_Another on May 24, 2017, 05:50:24 PM
Quote from: woodbury22uk on May 24, 2017, 05:14:06 PM

Yes yes yes, but what about the mk 3 Cortina? I've been waiting for ages!

in production and awaiting Ford approval. :-)
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

woodbury22uk

Quote from: bridgiesimon on May 24, 2017, 05:27:14 PM
Quote from: woodbury22uk on May 16, 2017, 12:16:12 AM
The most recent blog episode from Oxford Diecast indicates that there are 18 new N items to be announced at the end of May. Helpfully Oxford quote the barcode numbers which are totally meaningless as they are unrelated in any way to product numbers.

I am just hoping these are actually going to be new castings etc rather than another set of old models in new colours. I keep looking at the ranf=ges in larger scales and think 'if only we could have those in N gauge!'

Best wishes and fingers crossed
Simon

Agreed. Seems that everyone of the makers struggles with making the cars we want. And the DJM crowdfunding project got very little support. Difficult to know how to get this off the ground.

Didn't the NGS indicate there may be some cars to go with the Carflats?
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Ben A

Hi Mike,

Yes, the NGS has commissioned a number of cars from Bachmann to go with the Carflats.

As soon as I have some images I will post them.

Cheers

Ben A.

Bornin1980something

RailGooner

Quote from: Bornin1980something on May 24, 2017, 11:04:23 PM
^Cars of what era?

Possibly dictated by the eras of the prototype's life, from 64 to the 90s? But agree, more specific information would be welcome, and might help sales of the carflats too.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations