Farish / Dapol Collectors clubs ?

Started by Westbury, April 01, 2015, 06:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinbob

Quote from: newportnobby on April 24, 2015, 09:44:34 PM
Is that the 45157 'Glasgow Highlander' (ref 372-137K), Bob?
I did buy that one while I was in Scotland a couple of years ago. As well as a droopy coupling it was not the best of runners, either :hmmm:
That's the one - slightly disappointed now - looks such a nice loco. Anyone else have any experience of this loco?
:'(
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Roy L S

Quote from: austinbob on April 24, 2015, 09:47:48 PM
I did buy that one while I was in Scotland a couple of years ago. As well as a droopy coupling it was not the best of runners, either :hmmm:
That's the one - slightly disappointed now - looks such a nice loco. Anyone else have any experience of this loco?

Although not a Club member I managed to buy myself a brand new unused one. I haven't run it for a bit but when it was on the layout all was well with it, no problems at all.

Roy

PLD

Apart from the nameplates it is a standard current generation Black 5 model (same tender drive mech as the Royal Scot and Jubilee)

I've 4 Black 5s including 45157, plus 6 Jubes/Scots (about half bought new, half 2nd hand) and not had any issues with any of them...  :)

There were 4 named Black 5s, all named for Scottish regiments that didn't have Royal Scots. They were always based at Glasgow area sheds for use on the ex GSWR lines, and normally didn't stray too far. Furthest south I've seen evidence of 5157 is Blackpool Central on an Illuminations Excursion.

Newportnobby

Quote from: PLD on April 25, 2015, 11:59:56 AM
Furthest south I've seen evidence of 5157 is Blackpool Central on an Illuminations Excursion.

Thanks for shedding some light on that :laugh:

austinbob

Quote from: PLD on April 25, 2015, 11:59:56 AM
Apart from the nameplates it is a standard current generation Black 5 model (same tender drive mech as the Royal Scot and Jubilee)

I've 4 Black 5s including 45157, plus 6 Jubes/Scots (about half bought new, half 2nd hand) and not had any issues with any of them...  :)

There were 4 named Black 5s, all named for Scottish regiments that didn't have Royal Scots. They were always based at Glasgow area sheds for use on the ex GSWR lines, and normally didn't stray too far. Furthest south I've seen evidence of 5157 is Blackpool Central on an Illuminations Excursion.
I've just ordered one from Graham Farish.
My layout is a Rule 1 preserved railway so I'm quite happy for this Black 5 to run south of the border!!
:thankyousign:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

UPINSMOKE

Quote from: austinbob on April 11, 2015, 09:47:49 AM
I joined both clubs on April 1st  :hmmm: and received Graham Farish collectors club wagon 377-2014K 14T ministry of supply tank wagon yesterday. Very nice it is too.
Still awaiting response from Dapol but I guess it's early days yet.

:beers:

I also received the same wagon, but did you get a calender sent to you as I did not. According to their website it says they send a calender but did not receive it.
Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional

Layout Southern Comfort - In-Progress:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23145.0

austinbob

Quote from: UPINSMOKE on April 26, 2015, 10:05:14 AM
Quote from: austinbob on April 11, 2015, 09:47:49 AM
I joined both clubs on April 1st  :hmmm: and received Graham Farish collectors club wagon 377-2014K 14T ministry of supply tank wagon yesterday. Very nice it is too.
Still awaiting response from Dapol but I guess it's early days yet.

I also received the same wagon, but did you get a calender sent to you as I did not. According to their website it says they send a calender but did not receive it.
Come to think of it I didn't get a calendar - perhaps it is too late for a 2015 calendar and we'll get a 2016 calendar at the end of the year.
Another update - I contacted Dapol by email who said my membership pack was shipped on April 7th - but appears to have gone missing. I phoned them and they say they have shipped another pack - look forward to receiving that.

Bob Austin

austinbob

Received named Black 5 today from Bachmann. Looks great - will give it a test run tomorrow.  :)
Have not yet received membership pack from Dapol. Was told that pack was shipped on 7th April. No delivery.
Was then told that membership pack was reshipped  24th April - no delivery as yet. Nicola was very helpful on the phone but not impressed that no delivery yet.
>:(

Bob Austin

ChrisWV10

My Glasgow Highlander runs fine, albeit with a slightly droopy coupler. No problems with my 2 Jubilees - Galatea & Trafalgar.  :thumbsup:

C. :)

austinbob

Quote from: ChrisWV10 on April 30, 2015, 09:40:47 PM
My Glasgow Highlander runs fine, albeit with a slightly droopy coupler. No problems with my 2 Jubilees - Galatea & Trafalgar.  :thumbsup:

Just received mine. Looks great, will try it out over the weekend.

Bob Austin

austinbob

Quote from: austinbob on May 01, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Have run it in both directions for 1/2 hour each direction. Worked perfectly, very quiet, constant speed. Turned it round and will do the same tomorrow. However first impressions are its struggling to get round radius 2 curves in the new direction - wheel slip!! I'll check it out tomorrow.

Bob Austin

austinbob

Quote from: austinbob on May 02, 2015, 09:15:20 PM

Have run it in both directions for 1/2 hour each direction. Worked perfectly, very quiet, constant speed. Turned it round and will do the same tomorrow. However first impressions are its struggling to get round radius 2 curves in the new direction - wheel slip!! I'll check it out tomorrow.
Wheel slip due to senior citizen not noticing that front bogie was not on the track. Too many senior moments this year! Oh well!!! :D

Bob Austin

austinbob

Quote from: austinbob on April 24, 2015, 09:08:17 PM
Quote from: austinbob on April 23, 2015, 08:16:37 PM
Quote from: Karhedron on April 23, 2015, 10:34:33 AM
I would advise phone Dapol directly and asking to speak to Nicola (I think she runs the club). A polite but firm phone call is much harder to ignore/forget than an email.
Received email from Nicola within 1/2 hour. Membership pack was reported to have been shipped 7th April - Awaiting feedback on what has gone wrong.
Nicola says membership pack resent today - so  - allowing for bank holiday should receive pack next week some time.
:)
Still nothing received. Called Nicola again and they are shipping a third membership pack. Apparently they were trying out a new carrier who just didn't deliver stuff. They've now ditched the carrier (can't remember the name something about UK and the mail!!). I guess they were trying to save costs. Two lost membership packs for me (plus I assume failed deliveries for others) means that low cost does not always save money.
Anyway, with a bit of luck, 3rd time lucky. Otherwise I'll ask for a refund.
:veryangry:

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

Quote from: austinbob on May 03, 2015, 07:51:44 PM
Quote from: austinbob on May 02, 2015, 09:15:20 PM

Wheel slip due to senior citizen not noticing that front bogie was not on the track. Too many senior moments this year! Oh well!!! :D

Have things improved with all the wheels on the track, Bob?

austinbob

Quote from: newportnobby on May 05, 2015, 09:06:43 PM

Have things improved with all the wheels on the track, Bob?
That is a definite yes - runs perfectly. I feel a complete idiot :-[

Bob Austin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations