All Unread Messages

Started by Mustermark, November 02, 2011, 06:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustermark

I normally start on the forum each time by clicking on "Unread Posts Since Last Visit".  Then I don't get time to look at everything, go for my tea, and come back later and the same thing doesn't show me all of what I missed before teatime.

I can access all unread when the "Since Last Visit" is empty and it says "Try Here for All Unread"...

Would it be possible for the two blue links at the top by my Avatar to be augmented by an "All Unread Posts" link?  That might be a nice useful addition. :thumbsup:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Tank

I agree, and will look into it.  If I forget then let me know!  :)

One thing you can do is trawl down the forum and search for the yellow signals which indicate that there is an unread post in that Board. :thumbsup:

Mustermark

Quote from: Tank on November 02, 2011, 07:00:42 PM
One thing you can do is trawl down the forum and search for the yellow signals which indicate that there is an unread post in that Board. :thumbsup:

Yes, I can do that OK on the computer , but it's still more time consuming... but that is so much more difficult on my iPhone when I try to have a sneaky catch up at work!

Cheers for checking into it.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

polo2k

not much use for the I pone but in google chrome I open the list of unread topics, then while holding ctrl I click the ones I want to read (going through multiple pages if nessesary). then each post is open in a new tab (you can close the active tab with ctrl+w). this way it doesnt matter how long tea takes. just remember that each time you go to the next page in a series (i.e. 2 of 2) the computer will connect to the forum, this may count as a visit and upset the system.
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations