Railway-related Info Board???

Started by Mustermark, September 09, 2011, 07:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustermark

Quote from: Bikeracer on September 09, 2011, 07:55:17 AM
There seem to be a lot of OT stickies that are nothing to do with railway modelling at all and IMHO it might be better if there was an OT topic category just for OT posts..

The General Discussion board is really for non-railway related topics where people talk about "anything else" (as the description says on the home page), so I think Bikeracer's comment about having a place for OT posts is taken care of.

Railway modelling posts are normally under another, more specific board, e.g. N gauge discussion.

So, following Bikeracer's comments about having a home for the Abbreviations thread...

Is there a need for a "real-railway-related and not modelling" board, along the lines of prototype photos and videos board.  What do people think?  Or is there a home for this kind of thing that I missed.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Newportnobby

My personal opinion is that we should have a separate board for the 'real thing'. We're all interested in railways/tramways or we wouldn't model them, but if there was a separate board then I think we could post non model threads and prototypical items would then be easier to access. The suggestion about abbreviations for example would actually be found in both sections because the more experienced modellers do shorten things to just e.g. WIT (wire in tube) just as there are abbreviations in the real thing. Having spent 6 months working for the RAF as a civilian, I was infuriated by the constant 'insiders' language used, so anything that helps our members should be considered A GOOD THING and worth doing :thumbsup:

mrjamestrain

make way for the electro diesels

Tank

Agreed!  So, what shall it be called?

mrjamestrain

for which if the real thing then how about prototype info
then for the abbreviation's then how about the modelers dictionary
make way for the electro diesels

Tank

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30