Twitter

Started by Geoff, June 22, 2011, 11:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

Looked at Facebook a few times.
Maybe I'm getting old but I can't fathom it. I also don't want to know that someone just down the road has just eaten beans on toast !
As for Twitter - had a brief look. What's it all about !
I'll stick to this forum.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Southernboy

Twatter is a load of Marketing hype ...  I read somewhere recently that by far the largest number of posts are by a small percentage of marketing people,  whilst the vast majority of members are not in marketing, and make a much smaller percentage of posts.

I see it at work and it annoys me: An email goes round to the whole company 'We've just Twatted this - now we'd like everybody in the company to Twatter back to make it look like it's really big'. It's all hype.

Mind you - it can backfire. One of marketing guys made the first ever company 'Twatter' on our new account:  "I'm on a train to Cannes for the famous Film Festival, but due to technical problems there's no catering on board" ... and the first ever response to our companies brand new Twatter account was: "This is your Mother speaking and I always told you to make sure you had a good breakfast inside you before you went out in the morning and now you know why!"  ha ha  -  that brought them all back to everyday reality  :)

poliss

Twitter? No thanks, I'm not a twit, although some might say otherwise.
Facebook can be interesting. I'm not talking about personal pages, but the ones from Miniatur Wunderland and Model Railroad Hobbyist to name but two.
You get the true story about James May's train race for example.
http://www.facebook.com/MiniaturWunderlandHamburg

Lawrence

Don't know about Twitter, but Facebook users can paste the NGF link http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/ in their status box and it will come up with the logo and let all your 'friends' know about the forum  :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations