Touchcab Problems

Started by fatso, March 17, 2015, 04:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatso

:help:Hi guys I am using a lenz lh 100 with a lenz dcc 23151 computer interface the base station is link to interface using a earthnet cable from laptop to interface  I have downloaded the free touchcab app I am able to see it recognises my router and I get 4 reels of number up but unable to go any further why please.mike
Always looking on the bright side of life

PaulCheffus

Quote from: fatso on March 17, 2015, 04:05:25 PM
:help:Hi guys I am using a lenz lh 100 with a lenz dcc 23151 computer interface the base station is link to interface using a earthnet cable from laptop to interface  I have downloaded the free touchcab app I am able to see it recognises my router and I get 4 reels of number up but unable to go any further why please.mike

Hi

That suggests that the TouchCab app and the lenz system can't see each other.

By default the Lenz interface is on IP address 192.168.0.200 and your router would need to be on the same address range in order for the system to work. So using a laptop go to the command line and type ipconfig which will list the IP address of the Laptop. Post the IP address and I can then tell you if you need to change the Lenz interface address.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

fatso

Hi my laptop IP ADDRESS IS192.168.1.71 using  apple ipod touch ip Address is 192.168.1.68 also the router is independent from network hub hope this helps thank you.mike

PaulCheffus

Quote from: fatso on March 17, 2015, 04:59:52 PM
Hi my laptop IP ADDRESS IS192.168.1.71 using  apple ipod touch ip Address is 192.168.1.68 also the router is independent from network hub hope this helps thank you.mike

Hi

There in lies the problem. The Lenz interface needs changing from its current default of 192.168.0.200 to for example 192.168.1.200. Instructions on how to change it should be in the manual.

Cheers

Paul

Workbench thread

fatso

Hi the I pod touch shows we are connected to router but soon as we change the reels to the interface ip address nothing the router ip address has been changed to the same as lenz  the wifi box has a tick showing its connected  but still unable to see throttle

red_death

Unless you have changed the Lenz interface IP address then the Lenz interface and router are not on the same network.  As Paul said you need to change the Lenz interface to 192.168.1.200.

The fact you can access the wifi from your ipod touch only shows that the touch and router/wifi box are on the same network.

Mike

fatso

Quote from: red_death on March 17, 2015, 07:18:58 PM
Unless you have changed the Lenz interface IP address then the Lenz interface and router are not on the same network.  As Paul said you need to change the Lenz interface to 192.168.1.200.

The fact you can access the wifi from your ipod touch only shows that the touch and router/wifi box are on the same network.

Mike

Ok so how do I change the lenz ip  address look it up in pdf file but cant find the way its done.mike

PaulCheffus

Quote from: fatso on March 17, 2015, 07:55:41 PM
Quote from: red_death on March 17, 2015, 07:18:58 PM

Mike

Ok so how do I change the lenz ip  address look it up in pdf file but cant find the way its done.mike

Hi

Step by step guide here
http://www.touchcab.com/support/troubleshooting.html

You can either choose to set it to DHCP where it will automatically get an address or you can type in 192.168.1.200 for a fixed address.

Cheers

Paul

Workbench thread

fatso

Ok state of play have typed xpresnet into browser  message cant display page typed the interface ip number into browser message cant display page  so touchcab is not as easy as they say it is beware.mike

red_death

Mike

Touch cab is an app not a browser programme, isn't it?

What you are trying to do by accessing via a browser is get to the Lenz interface, which sounds as though you still have it running on a different network ie incorrect IP address.

Mike

fatso

Hi yes im still trying to change the ip of the lenz followed the instruction touchcab give nothing just as stated page cant be displayed same thing with ip number touchcab instruction not mine so if im doing everything by the book what have been missing.mike

red_death

Have you connected the lenz interface to your PC directly with an ethernet cable and changed your PC's ip address to be able to access the Lenz interface?

It doesn't sound as though you have. You can check the ip address of your PC (eg using ipconfig /all) - unless it is in the 192.168.0.x range then you won't connect to the Lenz interface.

fatso

Hi my laptop IP ADDRESS IS192.168.1.71  I have been to cmd but unsure how and what to change my ip address for laptop need a little help if you can please thank you .mike

red_death

Mike

Please re-read all the instructions you have been given on here as they contain all the reasons for the problems and solutions.

The basic problem is your router is creating a network using 192.168.1.x IP addresses, but the default IP address for the Lenz interface is 192.168.0.200 ie the two networks are incompatible.

The link that Paul gave you to the troubleshooting page on Touch Cab's website gives you instructions on how to configure your Lenz interface to the correct IP address. Follow those instructions - if you don't know how to do something then either Google it or ask a clear, specific question as at the moment it is very unclear to all of us reading this what your exact problems are.

If you don't know how to change your laptop's IP address then google it - there is loads of advice out there.

Mike

fatso

After all the agro the fault was with a cable not being wired correctly from lenz after changing the cable I now have connecting to xpressnet  loading command station info fingers x I have done it many thanks to everyone who helped and support to get up and running .mike :thankyousign:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations