Java SE binary problem

Started by Geoff, January 21, 2015, 06:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

I am having grief every time I go to run JRMI, I am getting a Java SE Binary problem, has any one else had this problem?

And is there an easy fix.

I have a windows 8 64 bit Laptop and I have uninstalled all Java programs and reinstalled them but no joy any help greatfully received.
Geoff

MikeDunn

Malc

If you are not running v8 update 31, try going to the oracle site and updating.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Geoff

I have found the problem and now it is running fine.

Everything was OK until last night, Railroad and co software would not respond, and JRMI would just crash fetching up the Binary problem in Java, after 1 hour of reading on the JRMI Yahoo group I found it was the problem with the Digitrax PR3 and it needed a firmware update, after the update was installed everything was tickety boo and problem solved apparently if you are using a 64 bit computer you need this firmware.

Strange how it was working fine until the last Java update then it fell over.

Many thanks Mike for pushing me in the right direction.

Malc I only got the problem after the update.

Strange that the firmware update as been out since March 2014.
Geoff

austinbob

Quote from: Geoff on January 21, 2015, 08:45:46 PM

Everything was OK until last night, Railroad and co software would not respond, and JRMI would just crash fetching up the Binary problem in Java, after 1 hour of reading on the JRMI Yahoo group I found it was the problem with the Digitrax PR3 and it needed a firmware update, after the update was installed everything was tickety boo and problem solved apparently if you are using a 64 bit computer you need this firmware.

Can you do a system restore to before the update to see if your system behaves as it did before?
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Geoff

Quote from: austinbob on January 21, 2015, 08:47:43 PM

Can you do a system restore to before the update to see if your system behaves as it did before?

I probably could of done Bob but being Java I wanted to find why there was a problem and at some point the Java update would of wanted reinstalling, so at the end of the day the Firmware would of needed to be installed, if you are running 32 bit windows there is no need for the pr3 to have the firmware update.

The process was quite easy to do.
Geoff

MikeDunn

No probs mate ... those guys are the best ones to check with, being they write the damn app :)  Not normally much of a delay if you ask about a problem (and as you saw, the search gives back good stuff too :))

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations