4000 Members

Started by guest2, January 29, 2015, 06:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cycletrak9

I can only add my congratulations to all the others. Quite a landmark - here's looking forward to 5,000

rhysapthomas

Congratulations and thanks to the team for running the forum and of course to all the members for making it so interesting

Tdm

Quote from: Tank on January 30, 2015, 07:27:29 AM
Many thanks everyone. :)  Always great to see so many people enjoying the forum.  I know we do get the odd negative comment/argument on here, but in my near 15 years of being an Admin/Moderator on various forums, this is by FAR the most behaved one.

I must also thank all of our past moderators who have helped me greatly with the forum as well. :thumbsup:

I wonder if the reason for this being a more friendly less contentious Forum is that most members on here are more mature (older) and realize life is really too short and precious to waste any more time arguing and complaining.

I left another Forum recently because of all the bickering and over moderation where you weren't even allowed to post a joke as it would be frowned upon, deleted, and the poster warned.

Whilst being feeling unwell over the past few weeks, logging onto to the NGF brightened up each day a little, and the new medecine the Doctor gave me yesterday seems to be working and I'm ready to spend more time on my layout which I too find therapeutic.

Malc

Chris, I bet you never thought you'd get so many members when you started the forum. Well done. Here's to the next 4000. My thanks to you and all the mods, including past ones, who make it all work seamlessly.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Tdm

4,000 is a nice round number.

Excluding the "Happy" and "Angry" threads I wonder what the top 40 (another nice round number) most popular threads/topics have been over the years - does the hosting system supply such information?

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tdm on January 30, 2015, 01:19:52 PM
4,000 is a nice round number.

Excluding the "Happy" and "Angry" threads I wonder what the top 40 (another nice round number) most popular threads/topics have been over the years - does the hosting system supply such information?

Hi Terry,
If you click on 'Forum' on the main toolbar and scan down to 'Stats', in small lettering you will see 'more stats' and that might provide you with more info.

railsquid

Congratulations and thanks from my humble self, since discovering N-gauge half-a-year ago I've learnt a lot from this site and it is one of the ones I visit every day.

Avis1434

Well done everyone. Amazing that we have now reached the 4,000 mark. :claphappy:

No doubt the success is due to the friendly, helpful advice provided and banter which is readily evident

Nobody is made to feel they were "stupid" to raise a topic  :help: which concerned them and indeed the moderators are keen to confirm this attitude when most members join up, with a friendly welcome comment.

I feel the monthly target for donations, in view of the current size of the membership, could be increased, as most months the target is well exceeded in any event. :hmmm:

Once again well done all those involved in the day to day operation/maintenance of the forum and many thanks to all those who have asked a question, submitted responses or kept us updated on all aspects of N gauge railway modelling - as well as other unrelated subjects- which help to broaden your knowledge and outlook on life - not to mention giver us a downright good laugh. :laugh:

WELL DONE EVERYONE ---- LETS GO FOR 10,000!!

Cheers

Mito

Well done to all :claphappy: The one problem with this forum is that it's so good I spend too much time reading, not enough doing :laugh2:
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Chetcombe

Many, many congratulations on reaching such an impressive milestone! For me there are zero local modellers of British N Gauge (I think the nearest NGF member to me is in Virginia), so the NGF acts as my local model railway club, which is praise indeed. The friendly banter and advice have really helped me as I have built my layout.

Here's to the next 4000 members (and more) :headbang:
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Zogbert Splod

Well done all of the team who make this possible.
You keep me off street corners and away from dirty women - damn ya!

Seriously though - great job folks - thanks.....
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

Gyppy101

Well done, team.   I'll second all the comments in the previous posts.  This is a great forum and I'm sure its membership will continue to grow.

Geoff

Heres to the next 4000, just proves this is a great hobby.

Well done Tank and team.
Geoff

D1042 Western Princess

Hi Tank, it's been nearly 6 months since you told us we had 4000 members. Would it be a silly question to ask how many we have now?
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Newportnobby

Hi W-P,
This can be checked at the bottom of the 'Forum' page under 'Stats' where it shows how many posts have been made by how many members. It stands at 4272 members today.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations