Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy L S and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

dannyboy

Quote from: Invicta Alec on January 18, 2017, 07:53:52 PM
I'm off to a model railway exhibition this Sunday in Canterbury, hopefully to pick up some tips.

If you are only going to "pick up some tips", may I respectfully suggest that you leave your wallet at home!! Because .. you .. will .. be .. tempted ....... and then you will need the  NGF excuse book to hand, e.g. "It was a bargain" or "It was £10 dearer at another stall".
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Big bad John

Best take a cricifix and clasp it in your right hand and keep reciting the lords prayer especially the parts "lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil". :drool:

Invicta Alec

Quote from: port perran on January 18, 2017, 08:00:17 PM
Not my era by any means but it does look good.
Have fun watching it go round........obvious I know but can you upgrade those 1st radius curves or is space an issue ?

Can get second radius in, maybe third too but its going to be very close!  :hmmm:

Alec.
You can't beat a nice drop of Southern.

Invicta Alec

Quote from: dannyboy on January 18, 2017, 09:43:29 PM
I'm off to a model railway exhibition this Sunday in Canterbury, hopefully to pick up some tips.

If you are only going to "pick up some tips", may I respectfully suggest that you leave your wallet at home!! Because .. you .. will .. be .. tempted ....... and then you will need the  NGF excuse book to hand, e.g. "It was a bargain" or "It was £10 dearer at another stall".

Good point Danny! I reckon us Kent lads are made of sterner stuff than to be seduced by underhand people waving "never to be repeated offers" in front of our very noses.  :o However, I'm new to this game - that'll be my excuse.  :goggleeyes:

Alec.

Invicta Alec

Quote from: Big bad John on January 18, 2017, 10:52:49 PM
Best take a cricifix and clasp it in your right hand and keep reciting the lords prayer especially the parts "lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil". :drool:

John, perhaps its best I don't go then!  :heart2:

Alec.

Big bad John

Quote from: Invicta Alec on January 18, 2017, 11:03:21 PM

Alec.

No you have to go otherwise you will never know how self disciplined and strong willed you are in the face of temptation!

dannyboy

Quote from: Big bad John on January 18, 2017, 11:09:38 PM

No you have to go otherwise you will never know how self disciplined and strong willed you are in the face of temptation!

What a pathetic excuse for going to a show, "I had to go just to see if I could resist the temptation".  :smiley-laughing: I still say that you should leave the wallet at home if you want to keep the Bank Manager/SWMBO happy.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

bluedepot

Jimbo

Ok chaps here it is in the flesh - my very first ever N gauge model. Arrived a day or two ago.

One very beautiful Class 411 4 CEP EMU.  :heart2: I got just a basic oval of track to watch her go round and round. I can confirm it doesn't much like Peco first radius curves. My first layout is at the planning stage, but I'm off to a model railway exhibition this Sunday in Canterbury, hopefully to pick up some tips.

Alec.

Very nice model Alex! Looks like it has the Victoria to Ramsgate via Faversham fast service headcode already....the driver must be eager to get home! Enjoy!
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Invicta Alec

Quote from: Jimbo on January 21, 2017, 05:58:09 PM
Ok chaps here it is in the flesh - my very first ever N gauge model. Arrived a day or two ago.

One very beautiful Class 411 4 CEP EMU.  :heart2: I got just a basic oval of track to watch her go round and round. I can confirm it doesn't much like Peco first radius curves. My first layout is at the planning stage, but I'm off to a model railway exhibition this Sunday in Canterbury, hopefully to pick up some tips.

Alec.

Very nice model Alex! Looks like it has the Victoria to Ramsgate via Faversham fast service headcode already....the driver must be eager to get home! Enjoy!

Thanks Jimbo!

Yes, spot on with the headcode. I can say that in the past I've used this exact train alighting or joining it at Ramsgate, Faversham, Chatham, Bromley South and Victoria for reasons of either having lived, worked or been educated in those places. This is why I scoured the country for this particular model. I'm a Kent lad you see!

Alec.

Ian Bowden

Quote from: Big bad John on January 18, 2017, 11:09:38 PM
Quote from: Invicta Alec on January 18, 2017, 11:03:21 PM

Alec.

when you get back don't forget to post your purchases here - resistance is futile

paulprice

PLEASE HELP ME :(

I'm experiencing severe pains in the Wallet region, just got off the phone with some very nice people and I am now the owner of another Ivatt Mogul. The good news is it was cheap, and its an LMS engine so it would be rude not to buy it :)

I'm beginning to think maybe I should have asked for it to be delivered to work though, instead of at home ??

Bealman

Sounds like an excellent purchase. Don't be such a wimp. Put your foot down. Tell the boss you will build a pergola in the garden in time for summer.  8)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Jimbo

Quote from: Bealman on January 23, 2017, 11:23:43 AM
Sounds like an excellent purchase. Don't be such a wimp. Put your foot down. Tell the boss you will build a pergola in the garden in time for summer.  8)

That's what I do, put my foot down with a firm hand!  :uneasy:
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

paulprice

Quote from: Bealman on January 23, 2017, 11:23:43 AM

The problem with that is that we don't have a garden, though the Domestic Overlord has ben looking at new house's

OMG THIS IS GOING TO BE EXPENSIVE  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations