Folding tables from Lidl

Started by Buzzard, July 28, 2015, 07:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzard

On 3rd of August Lidl are going to be selling a set of three folding tables, here's a link to the details

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=25573

Basically they're 39 inches by 23 inches and can be set at any of four different heights between 29 inches and 37 inches.  They can each carry around 60 pounds in weight.

Now I was wondering about a couple of things

1)  Does anyone already have a set, I'm sure they've been sold by Lidl in the past, i.e. what is the build quality like and
2)  Could they be suitable for supporting a layout at home, club or exhibition

I have an idea for a 9 foot by 18 inch layout with traditional baseboards and so this set of tables would prevent the need for built-in legs.

Thoughts / ideas would be appreciated.

Nigel

Agrippa

I haven't seen these before though I've bought several items of hardware
from Lidl and found them to be good value. I was wondering about the
support struts if they would take much wear and tear, it wouldn't matter
if the tables were set up permanently , just how would they put up with
folding and unfolding. Just a thought , they're probably ok.

Usually you can inspect stuff before you buy it  , but in Lidl larger
items like these tables, shelving, storage drawers etc are in sealed
packing.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

SidmouthJunction

Thanks for the heads-up, I have just the job for a set of these....

Ditape

Those look interesting,I might just pop along and look at them,even if I have no imediate use for them.
Diane Tape

ten0G

:hellosign:

I was wondering if anyone has seen these tables in Lidl recently please, as I think I could use a set or two now I'm back in the UK. 

@Buzzard , @Agrippa , @SidmouthJunction , @Ditape

:thankyousign:

broadsword

I haven't seen theses in Lidl for a while, my local store
is mainly promoting gardening, picnic, potted plants etc.,
though in their website this week they have a set of
6"needle files  for £3.99 , look quite useful.

Buzzard

As with all non-food items at Lidl it's simply a matter of looking at their leaflet each week and hoping that their upcoming theme has items you might need.

Like broadsword I've not seen the tables for a good while.

Dorsetmike

I have 3 myself and our area group has 6 which we use to support our layout, they are definitely well worth the money, as others have said you just need to check the Lidl leaflets or Lidl on line  https://www.lidl.co.uk/

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Big bad John

How about these from argos
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/9278259

I have two of them and they are quite sturdy. I think they come in random colour tops though but both of mine came in black.

ten0G

Quote from: Dorsetmike on May 29, 2017, 02:36:31 PM
I have 3 myself and our area group has 6 which we use to support our layout, they are definitely well worth the money, as others have said you just need to check the Lidl leaflets or Lidl on line  https://www.lidl.co.uk/

Thanks Mike, 

I found a similar-looking brand on Amazon, just a bit dearer, and wonder if you can say whether they look like the ones from Lidl please. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00L26ETIK/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

Having never seen the Powerfix ones, I'm a bit uncertain whether they're the same item under a different brand name or not. 

Dorsetmike

They look exactly the same as the ones I have, just £10 dearer. Even got the same clips to hold them together side by side or end to end if needed.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

ten0G

Quote from: Dorsetmike on May 29, 2017, 09:40:52 PM
They look exactly the same as the ones I have, just £10 dearer. Even got the same clips to hold them together side by side or end to end if needed.

Thanks Mike. 

Do you have any comments on their stability at various heights please, because before I get around to building a layout I will want to use them for other purposes when I move into a better property. 

Dorsetmike

Not had any problems at home nor at the group, I have 2 supporting a 4'x3' layout and the group layout is 20'x3' (four 5' boards)  on 6 tables. Mine are at 840mm/33".
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

port perran

I've got 6 of them supporting my two joined layouts and with the rables set at two different heights. No problems at all.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

ten0G

Quote from: Dorsetmike on May 30, 2017, 10:22:50 AM
Not had any problems at home nor at the group, I have 2 supporting a 4'x3' layout and the group layout is 20'x3' (four 5' boards)  on 6 tables. Mine are at 840mm/33".
Quote from: port perran on May 30, 2017, 11:31:56 AM
I've got 6 of them supporting my two joined layouts and with the rables set at two different heights. No problems at all.

Thanks guys, that sounds promising. 

Due to medical restrictions I will need supports about worktop height on which to spread out my storage boxes for sorting, hoping to find more railway reference material amongst the other contents (rubbish?) from decades ago! 

Then I can start building a layout  :claphappy:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations