Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulprice

Quote from: Atso on September 29, 2018, 06:22:06 PM
Having recently made some money from selling some general bits and pieces that I haven't used in years, I went up to the Dapol open day armed with £90 and picked up the following spares/repairs bargains.

Two Dapol Halls, the first of which, after replacing a shed traction tire, runs very well. The second is a non-runner which will need some investigations. Both of these were purchased as donor chassis for a class of LNER locomotive that I have wanted to model for a very long time and will look nothing like the donor parts by the time I've finished with them!

A Dapol valanced Mallard. This one is also a non-runner but I think I've got all the parts required to return it to running condition. This is a locomotive that I've wanted for some time but also wanted to remove the beading from the tender as Mallard never had this feature. Being unwilling to purchase a model at RRP to undertake the surgery, I'm very happy with this £30 purchase!

Overall I overspent on my budget for the day by only £5! I also picked up my complimentary wagon which has escaped the camera on this occasion.

Its not fair I haven't got any new Choo Choo's  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Stevie DC

Quote from: paulprice on September 29, 2018, 06:40:48 PM

Ermmm, isn't that YOUR Jubilee three posts above mine????  :P

paulprice

Quote from: Atso on September 29, 2018, 06:43:50 PM
Quote from: paulprice on September 29, 2018, 06:40:48 PM

Ermmm, isn't that YOUR Jubilee three posts above mine????  :P

Not talking Im SULKING  :'( and anyway I only have a couple of engines  :'( :'( :'(

Hailstone

Just back from a holiday in Cornwall, and while there visited Kernow model rail and picke up one of each of the maroon Hawksworths, and when I got home D1015 Western Champion in Golden ochre (an ebay find) was waiting to haul them.

at Tings I saw a set of wagons on a layout and just had to get my own set, and the arrived Just before I left for Cornwall. I am sure those of a certain age will recognise the names!

Regards,

Alex

Intercity

Love the wagons, I saw the post before in them at an exhibition, thought they were custom painted by their owner, congrats on your own set, it reminds me not only of the original but also of the half man half biscuit song.

Newportnobby

Possibly 'Belmont Shed' which I saw at the New Mills Show 25.2.17...............

talisman56

As I first saw 'The Trumpton Trucks' at TINGS in 2015...

Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

oncomin5torm

Don't try to be a great man, just be a man.
Let history make it's own judgments.

Newportnobby

Nice, and a good price. Does it run OK? All my modern DMUs run just fine.

oncomin5torm

Don't try to be a great man, just be a man.
Let history make it's own judgments.

paulprice

Well I got this little lot today, and just after I photographed it an Stove R turned up too.

I must admit luck seemed to be with me as I got this lot for a bit of a bargain, the Stove R was a little bargain too. All I'm waiting for now is another bargain Jubilee to be delivered and I will have to go into hiding from the Domestic Overlord  :'( :'( :'(

Vigo

I picked up this little beauty on a (booze induced) whim the other night for the princely sum of £109.50

I hope the exchequer doesn't find out  :worried:
Then again maybe I hope she does, she spends more than that on a pair of shoes to wear once.... I could do with a good argument  >:D
In Memoriam: https://hadfieldsite.wordpress.com/

Latest project: San Pablo - Rural Spain in miniature (HOe ish)

Newportnobby

My first ever Union Mills loco (but it certainly won't be the last)...........

Shropshire Lad

Really pleased with this second hand 08 from Carnforth Models.

paulprice

I had to rescue this poor abused little locomotive from Evil Bay, the poor thing had to live with being painted in a terrible BR green livery  :'(

For a mere £40 she has joined the fleet, two minutes work with a screwdriver and she runs as sweet as a nut. Now this will definitely be the last jubilee I will add to the fleet, just need to give her a nice decent new coat of paint  :angel:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations