Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geofff and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

GScaleBruce

A couple of HEAs have arrived to form the basis of a model of the Didcot - Chessington CCD coal train. But they're are disappointingly crude models - which I sort of knew, but I'm not sure that (m)any more will be joining this experiment.

Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

railsquid

The coaches aren't new purchases, but the storage is - I got tired of those bulky Dapol cases, especially the ones with the tight dense yellow inserts, and came across a MicroAce and a Kato 10-coach bookcase, which are just the thing.

The original boxes will go into the loft.

oncomin5torm

A few new purchases to get through in one post here.

First we have the Graham Farish Class 66 in EWS livery 66111 brand new purchase from TrackShack

Next is the two 16ft whiskey grain wagon kits by Peco, ready to be painted

The final purchase only arrived today whilst I was at work, the Dapol bookset of the LNER apple green flying scotsman 4472 with 4 light bar fitted greasley teak coaches.

The scotsman is my second one, I have an older poole era farish version too.
The dapol one cost me a pretty penny (£199) but even second hand I do not mind paying that as I just addore the scotsman.
Don't try to be a great man, just be a man.
Let history make it's own judgments.

Yet_Another

So I bought this from the Revolution stand at Warley:

and I've just put it on the track.

Can anyone tell me why the lights only work in one direction? I only bought it as a gesture of support, it's out of my period, so it'll see very little use. But it's going to niggle if I don't get it sorted.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

RailGooner

Quote from: Yet_Another on December 03, 2018, 10:10:52 PM
Can anyone tell me why the lights only work in one direction? I only bought it as a gesture of support, it's out of my period, so it'll see very little use. But it's going to niggle if I don't get it sorted.

None of mine have suffered this fault (yet?) Tony. But it does crop up on here from time to time. So I doubt you'll have to wait long for help. :beers:

Yet_Another

Ah, well, to answer my own question: because the wiring is broken:

Can't say I'm very impressed.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Ben A

Hello Yet Another,

The model should be covered by the warranty, and I am sure Dapol will sort it out for you if you contact them.

Alternatively, please PM me if you want to return the model for a refund.   We can't replace it as we don't have any more.

Cheers

Ben A.

RailGooner

A Friday afternoon special to rank with the worst of 'em. Though a disappointment, it should be is straightforward getting it replaced.

Yet_Another

Thanks both. As I said, it's supernumerary, so I'll get it done under warranty at some point. Other things to worry about before then.
Tony

Dizz

IN the December issue of Model Rail Magazine there was a "How to" article covering the conversion of a OO brake van into a Road Van.  I had never heard of a Road Van before, but the GWR used them so I thought one would fit in nicely on my layout. 
Last week I nabbed a second hand GF Toad on e-bay for £4.20.  I drew up some doors and strengthening formers in ACAD the cut them from 0.8 and 1.6mm plywood on my laser cutter. 

Panel cut away with a razor saw, edges cleaned up. The "planked" backing overlaps the opening by 2mm each side with the inverted v laminated on top.

I broke one of the roof support rails when I levered off the roof, replaced with a bit of plastic strip.  Plywood door painted with Humbrol Dark Grey wash which seems to be a reasonable match to the naked eye, not obvious at all like it is with the camera/flash combination.  I will weather it next time I have a general stock weathering session.

I'm rather pleased with the result.

RailGooner

Very nice job. A prototype that's new to me, so double nice. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dizz

Quote from: RailGooner on December 14, 2018, 11:37:27 PM
Very nice job. A prototype that's new to me, so double nice. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
To me it seems like a very sensible thing to do: use the additional space in the brake van for revenue earning goods.
I must admit to being surprised how easy and quick it was to achieve the conversion.  Am now encouraged to tackle other projects.........if I can find any!!  :)

GroupC

Just received four blue and grey Mk2 coaches which I found on ebay mere minutes after they'd been listed at a bargain buy-it-now price of only 50 quid... snapped up, very happy!

This also qualifies in the "Christmas presents to self" thread as I won't get anything else nearly as good, or that I want as much, come The Great Day.

Stevie DC

I am very lucky to have a very understanding and tolerant girlfriend!  :claphappy:

Merry Christmas everyone!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations