The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polo2k

Chuffin NHS!

My back decided to blow a gasket back in sept so I have not been able to work since then.
Last Monday I went to a hospital appt to discuss a nerve root block procedure. It transpires that this is only to cover up the siatica, as this subsided on its own many weeks ago. As a result of this they have not cancelled the various appointments that I have been waiting for since Sept.
As a replacment for these I am being sent to a Phisio. Hadn't heard anything since last Monday so I called to check on the referral.
Good news- They have received the referral
Bad news - I have been put on a 15 week waiting list!
This means that my next appointment will be in Feb!

I have explained the situation so they are going to see if they can do anything to advance it, I dont hold out much hope.

Im sick and tired of all the pills and waiting and just want to be back to normal!!

Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Newportnobby

You have my sympathy as last year my back blew and I could hardly walk. Luckily my company paid for me to visit a chiropractor/physio who really enjoyed bending me like a hair grip and listening to me scream. It did the trick but every now and then I just feel like it will go again. I really am careful now, especially about letting the cold get to my back

EtchedPixels

This is the kind of thing that really annoys me

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/5665

Network Rail apparently wanting to demolish a piece of historic architecture in case some hypothetical terrorists come along and do it first.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Tank

Outrageous!  Why don't they just shut the road off and save the building if they're that worried.  I'm sure it's not on the top 100 terrorism hitlist anyway. ::)

Rod

Quote from: Kipper on November 17, 2011, 11:49:07 AM
How well do you sleep, and do you snore a lot? I used to get bad migraines, and also used to sleep at the drop of a hat. GP sent me for tests and found I had sleep apnia (still don't know how to spell it!). This causes me to wake up every few seconds, indicated by jerking and snorting, and means I never get any deep sleep. It is treated by having an air pump forcing air down my throat via a face mask (not as bad as it sounds), which keeps my throat open and gives me a deep sleep. Not had a migraine since. Have a word with your GP.
Grinding or clenching your teeth is also a frequent cause of migraines. Many people do it in their sleep, my wife has a sort of gumshield to stop her doing it. You may think you don't grind your teeth but it's surprising, when you try and notice, how often you can catch yourself doing it.
Rod

Lawrence

Quote from: newportnobby on November 17, 2011, 03:00:09 PM
You have my sympathy as last year my back blew and I could hardly walk. Luckily my company paid for me to visit a chiropractor/physio who really enjoyed bending me like a hair grip and listening to me scream. It did the trick but every now and then I just feel like it will go again. I really am careful now, especially about letting the cold get to my back

After 20+ years of back problems I finally had a disc removed last year, I no longer have spasm in my back which fold me in half for 2 weeks at a time but the nerve damage resulting from the rupture has left me with constant pain in my left buttock, calf and ankle, I also get severe cramps in my left leg now.  But at least my back is better  ::)

Kipper

I think we need to set up a new thread - the Sickie thread!

I had an aggressive tumour removed from my thyroid in May, followed by the rest of the thyroid and associated "giblets" in June, and was meant to have radioactive iodine treatment in August to kill of any residual cancer. They were unable to give the treatment as my iodine levels were too high (should have been virtually zero to encourage take up of the high dose treatment). Went back a month later - just the same. Finally had CT and ultrasound scans last month and revealed that a small bit of thyroid was still there. I must now have this remnant removed but they cannot make up their minds if the hospital that did the original op should do it, or the cancer hospital. My GP thinks it will be listed as non-urgent, so will probably be done at the back end of next year, knowing my luck. Only when it is removed and the iodine levels are low, can I have the treatment. Hopefully this will not allow the cancer to come back.

Newportnobby

Blimey Kipper - you've been through the mill a bit! Makes me feel so lucky to have reasonable health. Good luck :thumbsup:

Donkey

People who complain about Yodel!!
I have only been working there for a week and already I am getting all this grief!

Donkey

Bikeracer

Quote from: polo2k on November 17, 2011, 02:52:10 PM
Chuffin NHS!

This means that my next appointment will be in Feb!

I have explained the situation so they are going to see if they can do anything to advance it, I dont hold out much hope.

Im sick and tired of all the pills and waiting and just want to be back to normal!!

Your GP can give you nine free sessions with a Chiropracter every year,might be worth pursuing this and discuss it with the chiropracter.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Dock Shunter

Quote from: Donkey on November 17, 2011, 09:15:04 PM
I have only been working there for a week and already I am getting all this grief!

Donkey

Well ya won't be deliverin a parcel to me   ;) ;D........wouldn't touch em with a bargepole...... :thumbsdown:

zwilnik

Quote from: Donkey on November 17, 2011, 09:15:04 PM

Donkey

Downside of working for a company that renamed itself because it was so bloody awful nobody wanted to use them. All you can do is grin and bear it and keep the quality of service as high as you can until people stop complaining because it's become a good service. Unfortunately you're stuck with all the dipsticks running things there, but as long as you're good at your job, there's a faint chance things will improve.

Donkey

Trying my best guys and if I am delivering any parcels from Hattons, Rails, Bromsgrove etc I gaurantee an extra good service lol  :NGaugersRule:

Donkey  :smiley-laughing:

Dock Shunter

Quote from: Donkey on November 18, 2011, 09:23:41 AM
Trying my best guys and if I am delivering any parcels from Hattons, Rails, Bromsgrove etc I gaurantee an extra good service lol  :NGaugersRule:

Donkey  :smiley-laughing:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You are obviously one of the good guys at Yodel......
My experience (on more than one occasion) was of barefaced liars who said they tried to deliver a parcel
when they had been nowhere near.
The only way they can repair their reputation is employing more people with your attitude...so good on ya :thumbsup:

Fratton

People who make stupid social networking messages about children in need slandering its name with blatantly racist views,

makes my blood boil, it's bad enough with racist views about comic relief but with a charity that strives to help underprivilaged children and those seriously ill or dissabled,,,, ive had to put right a few friends, the rest who werent that important got deleted,,,,,
Charlie.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations