What's with dapple

Started by 1936ace, July 11, 2012, 09:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Hi all, just got an email from Hatton's saying that my order of nc064a is no longer going to be made by dapol. Does any one know why they are not going to make the second open coach to match the buffet and the book set I bought as I don't want an upset 3yr old after I tell him his hst can't get longer
Bart :thumbsdown:

porkie

:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

Pete Mc

And there was me thinking you were referring to the plank that is Dappie from N Dubs latest effort at making some noise that all the gangsta rap fans like,complete with a tribute to a headmasters murderer.This pondlifes name does not merit a mention anywhere.
As for Dapol,is it the TGS you're on about or a TSO?
If its the latter,just buy a couple more blue grey mk3's and cut off the buffers.He won't take much notice,apart from the longer train.
With the TGS,just look at Captainelectra's site and get a vinyl overlay to convert it.I did and it looks pretty good,needs weathering though.

Pete
:Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

1936ace

that will teach me for using an ipad and forgetting to turn off the predicting text, yes it was to dapol and where have my mk3 coaches gone.
could i use the mk3 coach with buffers and cut them off or are they completely different coach to the hst version
bart

EtchedPixels

Quote from: 1936ace on July 11, 2012, 11:56:20 PM
that will teach me for using an ipad and forgetting to turn off the predicting text, yes it was to dapol and where have my mk3 coaches gone.
could i use the mk3 coach with buffers and cut them off or are they completely different coach to the hst version
bart

They are very similar. The prototypes have quite a few functional differences in the electircs but not much is really visible. Only big difference on the rail blue ones was the livery is subtly different (stripe thicknesses etc)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

1936ace

Thanks guys and also to porkie for that link. Having read it, it suggests that just the part numbers have changed and that they will still make a the SO coaches to go with the buffet and the book set. As I'm not a riot counter should I just go with the buffered stock and get out the knife or be patient and wait for the new ones, after all it is for the 3yr olds host but I do like things to "look right"
Bart

Pete Mc

The only thing I really noticed was the lack of Inter City 125 branding.Didn't know about the other stuff about the electrical details.I have two hst's by Dapol,one is a fully branded Inter City 125 rake,the other in a mish mash of Inter City 125 and Inter City stock,it doesn't bother me at all,although I have 2 ble/grey RFM's on pre order,2 hst 125 TFO's and 4 hst 125 TSO's also on pre order.I'm also contemplating an additional Eastern Region 254 numbered hst bookset due in august/september.
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

scruff

According to Joel on the Facebook page there are going to be a fair few mk3's released in the coming year.

I think the exercise of cancelling the preorderable ones on the Hattons site is to allow Dapol to use new type catalogue numbers.

HTH

Mark

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations