N Gauge Forum Coach Tour 2017?

Started by portland-docks, February 05, 2017, 11:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

portland-docks

any plans for a N Gauge Forum Coach tour 2017?

new colour scheme i would think, i mean what colours have we had so far? purple, red?

cant remember what we had last year! not sure i got last years, i dont seem to have any pictures of it, only 2015s purple one?

paul
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Sprintex

There wasn't one last year as the 2015 tour took so long it went well into 2016 ;)

Paul

Dorsetmike

Might it be an idea to produce  vinyl overlays to fit typical full brakes (no windows to bother with) which members could apply to their own stock;  Say one long enough to fit a Mk1 full brake but with printing not covering full length so they could be trimmed to fit 57' grouping period. Maybe not including a date.

Discuss if to make versions for background colour; should we have colours to suit all grouping and BR liveries or one "stand out" ("dayglo?) colour? The latter may be the best option, only need one version; if to fit a full brake does it need door detail?
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Sprintex

Sort of missing the point of a "tour" though? ???

Paul

Dorsetmike

Wasn't thinking in terms of a tour, just getting the forum name "out there" .

If I can get my printer working I may try and do a paper label test version for the forthcoming Bournemouth show next weekend Feb 11/12.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

daffy

And there I was clicking on this new thread thinking we could all meet up at Tank or NPN's house this summer and board a Volvo Plaxton, or somesuch, for a nationwide road trip to all the heritage railways and end up in York for the museum and some liquid refreshment. :(

My wife and I are so disappointed and she has thrown her 'Kiss me quick' hat back in the bottom of the wardrobe.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

exmouthcraig

Oddly with Paul saying it over ran from 15 into 16 I was thinking along the lines of a Jolly Boys Outing!!! And if we're touring the heritage lines (brilliant idea) with liquid refreshments I could see why 😄

portland-docks

well how about this time, instead of putting the year on the side of the coach, we make 1 generic coach, that can be used every year, so get a new tooled one, have it reliveried with n gauge forum on the side, then you dont have the chance of say the 2017 one over running to 2018 etc. the tour just continues over and over again!

it also means that if a layout goes to a show in 2017, then isnt out until 2018, it can be seen on the layout at numerous venues etc.

i will see if i can find out how much my mate would change the livery on a mk1 brake coach, from say crimson/ cream to i dunno, purple and cream? we can get transfers made up no problem to put along the side!
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Sprintex

Adam aka Electra Railway Graphics did the vinyls for the last one :thumbsup:

Paul

Gary Burcombe

considering the forum's logo has colouring very similar to executive and swallow liveries, then an adaptation of that changing the logos on the coach could work very well.  Obviously it would stand out more within other liveried coaching stock, but could blend in with the red and grey.  I would certainly have a couple.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations