Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STEVE44 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Luke Piewalker

I was running around, trying to make sure I was presentable, nearly picked up a fleece instead of a dressing gown, then had to make sure my dressing gown was actually secured...  :-[

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

d-a-n

[smg id=8843]

Had an early 30th birthday party last night; in amongst the single malts and 35mm film, one couple very thoughtfully brought me a weathered triple pack of PCAs to add to the existing (short) rake - how cool is that!

EtchedPixels

The Cavndish kits had etched bogies, an aluminium floor, aluminium roof and fairly crude etched truss rods with the battery box on the etch as a flat plate and not much else.

Later versions of them added the white metal detailing parts, proper battery boxes, dynamo etc, and the later ones still have a fold up etched floor rather than the aluminium one.

The really early ones are so old in the history of N that they didn't have rapido couplers!

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

P Bender

Paul Bender

Everybody can shovel, firing is an skill

This was JGF instead of hard labour  © R. de Water

scotsoft

Ollie3440

Quote from: class37025 on December 14, 2013, 09:27:36 PM
Quote from: johnlambert on December 14, 2013, 07:23:25 PM
Nice!  I fancy the parcels set but thought it could do with an extra GUV, didn't realise blue parcels vehicles were available as individual items.

I had a look on there, and although I stand to be corrected by the Mk.1 hoarder  ::) it looks like only one BG and one cl24 left as ex-set.

could find no listing for 'new' GUVs in newspaper markings.

Happy to help :) We only split a certain number of sets and the GUV was by far the most popular of the split items and subsequently all the split ones have now sold. I would be surprised if we split some more sets down because the full sets are still selling well, but you never know

Ollie

:NGaugersRule:
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

CarriageShed

Quote from: EtchedPixels on December 15, 2013, 05:00:04 PM
The Cavndish kits had etched bogies, an aluminium floor, aluminium roof and fairly crude etched truss rods with the battery box on the etch as a flat plate and not much else.

Later versions of them added the white metal detailing parts, proper battery boxes, dynamo etc, and the later ones still have a fold up etched floor rather than the aluminium one.

The really early ones are so old in the history of N that they didn't have rapido couplers!

I think mine must be a Mk1 version. The battery box is flat, and the bogies are probably etched (there was some white metal showing through the paint). The bogies are attached to the body with a screw, one of which is fairly slack, making for a pretty wobbly bogie!

trainsdownunder

This arrived Saturday so after a hasty sorting out of electrics managed to run it with my rake of Overton Cars.

[smg id=8852][smg id=8853]

http://youtu.be/yP43wtYX4uE
All stock is Athearn. The loco is running a Lenz Silver chip hidden in the tender.

Don't have a completed loop yet under the lower end tunnel(beyond the platform), but hopefully will do that over Christmas. Work permitting.

ParkeNd

Quote from: scotsoft on December 15, 2013, 07:35:17 PM
Quote from: P Bender on December 15, 2013, 07:30:39 PM

Dutch EMU (mat '54)

That is a very good looking loco  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

The front does look a bit like Rod Hull's Emu though.

Luke Piewalker

Bealman

Tried out the NGS's new online purchasing system and treated meself to these, which arrived yesterday:
[smg id=8898 type=preview align=center width=400]
[smg id=8905 type=preview align=center width=400]
[smg id=8907 type=preview align=center width=400]
[smg id=8904 type=preview align=center width=400]
[smg id=8903 type=preview align=center width=400]
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Probably in the wrong thread here, but in relation to my post above, does anyone know what a suitable locomotive would be to pair with my new maroon inspection coach? I thought it would look really cool with my green Class 14, but as Etched Pixels has pointed out, the 14's didn't really work anywhere. Indeed, (and I'll dig it out and scan it, if I can find it).... I came across a Class 14 sitting in an NCB yard (as EP says) way back in 1972 as I was wondering around taking pictures for my college dissertation about the decline of coal mining in the North East.

So any suggestions appreciated.

In relation to my new maroon Stove R, same thing..... what do I run it with? Apparently they ceased being connected to passenger trains in 1959?

:beers: George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

ParkeNd

Quote from: Bealman on December 19, 2013, 08:48:00 AM
Probably in the wrong thread here, but in relation to my post above, does anyone know what a suitable locomotive would be to pair with my new maroon inspection coach? I thought it would look really cool with my green Class 14, but as Etched Pixels has pointed out, the 14's didn't really work anywhere. Indeed, (and I'll dig it out and scan it, if I can find it).... I came across a Class 14 sitting in an NCB yard (as EP says) way back in 1972 as I was wondering around taking pictures for my college dissertation about the decline of coal mining in the North East.

So any suggestions appreciated.

In relation to my new maroon Stove R, same thing..... what do I run it with? Apparently they ceased being connected to passenger trains in 1959?

:beers: George

Britains Model Trains 2014 suggests Ivatt 2 MT, Fairburn Tank, Black 5, class 24/25/26/27, Class 31, and Class 37, as "locos it should work with".

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations