Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercharlesfagg

My most expensive Ebay purchase ever!

I posted a question about "Stoves" on trains because I had never heard of them then I saw one on Ebay and decided there and then that I would like one as a quirky addition to my rolling stock!

Intriguing little thing isn't it?

Anyway it was at least £20.00 more than I had expected but I had committed myself at the outset so went the full term!

Madness, yes, but it runs in the family!!!

Regards Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

mickeyflinn

Just got home from the York Show. Had a very pleasant journey there, a very good day, and a pleasant trip back home. Went to the NGS stand and picked up my ordered Inspection Saloon (BR maroon with black ends) and had a nice chat with Dave and Ann. I'm glad I'd asked them to put the saloon on one side as they only had one to take to the show. So here it is..........................

[smg id=4440] :'(

Thought I'd have a quick look at it before driving home, and I'm glad I did as it was missing one of the fine wires from the roof to the black end, and one of the others had been fitted incorrectly. Took it back to them and now have to wait for them to pick up more stock and post one to me.

portland-docks

well the last locos i remember buying really were from Warley last year, and i bought that many i couldnt possibly upload all of them....technically...

i did however last weekend purchase a j94 in NCB blue livery, lovely little thing!

my loco list though is now pretty dam big....erm actually no its only one or two  :help:

A1 Tornado (apple green)
A1 North Eastern
A3 Flying Scotsman (now altered see below)
A4 Sir Nigel Gresley
A4 Silver Link
A4 Mallard
Std 7 Tornado
9f weathered
BR Black Pannier
GWR Pannier
LNER B1 (to be redone as mayflower)
BR Black B1 (to be redone as 61264)
Foxcote Manor
Hinton Manor
Terrier "Waddon"
powered and unpowered 153 (to be replaced with 156)
4f
4mt tank
4mt 76084 (mercig special)
WD
Jubilee (renamed Ashley)
Royal Scot (renamed Chantelle)
Black 5 Glasgow Highlander
Deltic Prototype
Standard 4 (needs renumbering 75029)
Duchess of hamilton
LMS 4p
Jinty

i think i need help lol

anywhoo heres my modified Scotsman with added smoke deflectors and double chimney...im sure i missed a couple locos off the list!

Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Skyline2uk

QuoteJust the odd steamer, then :-X
You can be forgiven the Deltic :thumbsup:

Surely that should be "you can be forgiven for the steamers, Deltic wins"

:P

Skyline2uk

voltan

Couple of new toys from york, just the two at the front, another VGA (must stop buying them :-[ ) and a 66 not the right livery but for £55 I'm not complaining, there's always a re-paint or stamp my foot and invoke rule 1  ;)
The only problem is that it wiped out my 'buy the rest of track' fund.

portland-docks

Quote from: newportnobby on April 01, 2013, 08:51:33 PM
Just the odd steamer, then :-X
You can be forgiven the Deltic :thumbsup:

yep and unfortunatly bachmanns added another 10+ locos to my shopping list after going through their online sales page...those locos are: -

1/castle
2/4f (DCC Ready)
3/8f
4/Princess Class
5/Jinty (dcc ready)
6/Merchant Navy(s)
7/A2 Blue Peter
8/J39
9/Jubilee x 2
10/4MT Tank (dcc ready)
11/Royal Scot in LMS Red
12/5MT
13/Fairburn Tank
14/A1 Tornado in blue
15/N-Class x 2

plus more black 5s and a couple more dapols lol
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

longbridge

Crikey the way some of you blokes buy up big I hope you save some for us  :D
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Bealman

I'll say. Instead of pictures of locos I'm starting to see pictures of $$$$$$ signs (Aussie $$$$$, of course.  :D) Actually, if there is a Pound sign on my keyboard, I can't see it - anyone help out with that, please?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

bluedepot

you all need therapy to overcome n gauge buying addiction!!!

scotsoft

Quote from: bealman on April 01, 2013, 10:49:08 PM
I'll say. Instead of pictures of locos I'm starting to see pictures of $$$$$$ signs (Aussie $$$$$, of course.  :D) Actually, if there is a Pound sign on my keyboard, I can't see it - anyone help out with that, please?

If it is not "shift 3" try "shift 4", one should give the £ sign the other the $ sign.

Failing that press and hold the "Alt" key and using the number pad on the r/h side type in 0163, that will give you a £ sign where your cursor is.

cheers John.

Bealman

Bealman

Hang on - correction - I was using the wrong alt key.... look! ££££!!!

However did you find out something like that? It's a bit of a long way round to get to it, though!

I do have a Euro key! €€€

Thanks!

trainsdownunder

As we appear to have two threads running about "latest additions" (the other under American N) thought I post my latest eBay.au win here as well.

[smg id=4423]

My Old Timer collection grows again

Bealman

Hi Colin, I just saw those in the Media section. They look really interesting. They ARE N gauge, are they, or are they narrow gauge N on Z track? Or am I mixing them up with some other US narrow gauge road?

Cheers, George

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations