My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njee20

So this has taught us that buses in Oz are pretty good (albeit with dubious signage), whilst in the UK I remain unconvinced.

Bealman

The service in my town is very punctual, but infrequent. The bus to and from Chez Bealman only runs on the hour, last one from the watering hole being 8.25pm.

The fact that I drink with most of the companies drivers who have adopted this club as the watering hole after work doesn't help - sometimes I have to move to a different table because of the diesel fumes  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: ColinH on December 13, 2017, 09:15:42 PM
Think you still have to pay for Park & Ride services though as Bus Pass is not valid on them. Also where I live not valid until after 9.30a.m. Believe some local authorities have slightly different rules.

We can't use the bus pass at peak hours but after 09.30 it allows free ride on the P & R.
If you can find it, check out Fred Wedlocks 'Bristol Buses' - totally unPC but somewhat amusing.

Bealman

JonHarbour

Quote from: Bealman on December 14, 2017, 07:28:52 AM
The service in my town is very punctual, but infrequent. The bus to and from Chez Bealman only runs on the hour, last one from the watering hole being 8.25pm.

The fact that I drink with most of the companies drivers who have adopted this club as the watering hole after work doesn't help - sometimes I have to move to a different table because of the diesel fumes  ;D

So, they are all Guinness drinkers then! :smiley-laughing:
Still planning a layout...

Bealman

railsquid

Bealman

Stalker trolleys! Cheeky baskets  :-\

weave

Bealman

Actually the shopping centre employs people to collect them. It would be a bit impractical for a lone shopper to leave a trolley load of shopping alone at the stop while they took the trolley back to the centre.  :thumbsup:

Bealman

And sorry to everyone following this banal thread, I haven't got a bus stop pic tonight. Club runs a courtesy bus Fridays and Saturday's.  ;)

railsquid

Well that's put a damper on my evening. Time for another  :beers:

dannyboy

Yup - really spoilt my Friday night plans.   :'(. Think I'll go have a bath.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Chetcombe

Contrary to popular opinion we do have public transport here in the US of A and I am a pretty regular bus user in Philadelphia. Here is a photo of my local bus stop (on the very left) with the bus I had caught broken down (and blocking a busy intersection) after having travelled about 50 feet. There was no way the next bus could have got past so I walked instead - the shortest bus journey I have ever taken!

Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

railsquid

If anyone's ever bored, there's a whole sub-genre of Japanese YouTube videos dedicated to documenting bus journeys.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations