Class 180 Adelante Kit

Started by G_N_E_R, April 20, 2016, 08:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

koyli55002

Great - thanks !
Now where did I put my spares box..............................

Snowwolflair

After a lot of burnishing with a fiberglass pen and more than a few layers of primer the top coat has a nice shine.

These now need the paint to cure and that can take several weeks, before any further paint is applied.

I will need to mask the end panels and paint them white then yellow.  I could have done this before the blue was applied, however the sprayed blue paint surface gives a better under surface for the yellow panels.

Mustermark

Nice job. Following with great interest. It'll be a while before I get round to projects again, but thinking I need this in my stash!

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

pape_timmo

Looking really good, you're getting on with this really quickly. Well done.

Cheers, Timmo
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Railway...

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeUUCqEw_rWo229kmnizFQ

Snowwolflair

This next stage just takes time a patience.  I'm blocking in white where I will need to paint bright colors, Yellow and Barbie Pink. 

There is still a bit of tidying up to do which I do with a cocktail stick dipped in Polycell brush cleaner.  Again this paint will need to cure before the next stage as I will need to use masking tape and I cannot risk the tape damaging the paint below it.

One advantage of having the side CAD profile is I have been able to cut a very accurate curve template.

Snowwolflair

Plugs arrived today from China  :)  so I have wired in the Dapol Voyager light clusters.

A bit of paint to hide the resistors and some detail painting and the Chassis is complete.

robert shrives

Excellent progress, Shapeways report chassis in preparation so waiting and learning...
thanks
Robert

Snowwolflair

A quick update on the electrical couplings.  Once the silicone is firm I have wrapped the assembly in a heat shrink tube.  this makes it very robust and stable.

Snowwolflair

robert shrives

Hi ,
looking very good. Shapeways have advised that cannot or will not print the chassis units in WSF  as it fails minimum wall thickness test - despite having two.
It seems that the testing process is an evolving one so past performance is no indicator of future.  I can do a print anyway at my own risk .... with no comeback a twisted heap is all the state of the art machine produces...  ho hum.
At worst case all i need is the underbelly curved bits and could match onto 158/170 seat frame units from BR lines

Your 180 might well be the only one finished.     
Robert

Snowwolflair

I only use FUD or the new Super FUD so cannot comment, other than the FUD prints are fantastic if expensive.

njee20

Super FUD? Is that FXD, or is there a new material?

Snowwolflair

Snowwolflair

Snowwolflair

A few more steps.

Its amazing how many thin coats it takes to get a solid yellow.

The yellow area is oversize as there is a common masking line over the yellow and blue and to attempt to pre-mask it and hope to get it straight would be almost impossible.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations