Journal 1/17 AMMC omission.

Started by Bornin1980something, February 02, 2017, 09:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bornin1980something

Last year, I went to the AGM and entered the Annual Model Making Competition for the first time. The class I entered was Class H, the P&D Marsh cup for road vehicles. Now, I probably shouldn't have entered, as things tend to conspire to disappoint me. Why else does the AMMC report in Journal 1/17 show Classes F and I, but not class H. Now, I understand from Newsletter 5/16 that no one entered Class G this year (there are often no entries in that class), but as my picture taken at the event shows, class H was very popular last year.

By the way, congratulations to winner (and runner up) Maurice Pearce for his scratch built yard crane at the bottom of my picture, against which my hastily assembled kit built models didn't stand a chance!

Steamie+

Quote from: Bornin1980something on February 02, 2017, 09:32:50 PM
Last year, I went to the AGM and entered the Annual Model Making Competition for the first time. The class I entered was Class H, the P&D Marsh cup for road vehicles. Now, I probably shouldn't have entered, as things tend to conspire to disappoint me. Why else does the AMMC report in Journal 1/17 show Classes F and I, but not class H. Now, I understand from Newsletter 5/16 that no one entered Class G this year (there are often no entries in that class), but as my picture taken at the event shows, class H was very popular last year.

By the way, congratulations to winner (and runner up) Maurice Pearce for his scratch built yard crane at the bottom of my picture, against which my hastily assembled kit built models didn't stand a chance!

I think you did a great job considering...  :thumbsup:

Bornin1980something

Steven B

How do you know class H has been forgotten about? There's still another Journal due before the next AGM so the road vehicles will probably appear in it.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

red_death

Quote from: Bornin1980something on February 02, 2017, 09:32:50 PM
Now, I probably shouldn't have entered, as things tend to conspire to disappoint me. Why else does the AMMC report in Journal 1/17 show Classes F and I, but not class H.

I think you are reading too much into it - the Journal Editor fits in what he can with the AMMC when he can and I'm not sure that it is all necessarily in class order.  You may well find Class H pop up in a different Journal!

Cheers, Mike

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations