What are you doing today ?

Started by port perran, July 17, 2011, 02:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lesmond

Quote from: Lawrence on July 20, 2011, 05:26:47 PM
Quote from: lesmond on July 20, 2011, 03:27:19 PM

Head now looks like a zombie who has been hit with a breeze block

Well surely that's improvement for a start  ;)

I'd post a picture, but you'd only moderate it  ;D
Malice in defeat; revenge in victory

grumbeast

Stressing out.

getting ready to move....

Finding out I have a job interview (YAY!)
on the day *before* I arrive back in the UK (BOO! :( )

very stressed..  waiting to see if the interview can be moved but I think not. *sigh*
and I can't fly back earlier as I have to travel with my wife and daugther and thier visa's are pretty tight on when
to travel, besides, we have a complex logistical puzzle that is now unfolding with the move and we can't really change any of our dates

B****R!!! 

This feels like getting kicked in the nuts by a gorgeous brunette

Graham

Newportnobby

Quote from: lesmond on July 21, 2011, 03:53:00 PM
Normal service is slowly being resumed - thanks to all for the support. I now owe loads of beer / tea / bacon butties.  :beers:

You are all lovely people, and I'm sorry for going off on one  :thumbsup:

Hi Lesmond - good to have you back :wave:   Please don't send the goodies by DHL. No one will ever see 'em :smiley-laughing:

We all need to blow off some steam now and then :A1Tornado:

Tank

As the school holidays are looming, and I'll only have to work half-days, I've just made a huge Screwfix order for the jobs at home.  The biggest on my list is to stop the back garden flooding again!  My plan is to dig a huge trench in front of one of the flower beds, line it with concrete, cover it in galvanised steel mesh, have two small brick walls to funnel the water into the trench, where a pump will pull the water out and squirt it onto the railway!   :evil:  Will this short out the 3rd rail?!?!? :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: I've just ordered some Armoured Cable and an IP66 socket to give the power.

Also on the list is to sand down and paint three external doors.  £22 for a tin of gloss paint. :o  Mind you, it is guarenteed for 7 years.... ;D

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tank on July 22, 2011, 11:00:39 AM
two small brick walls to funnel the water into the trench, where a pump will pull the water out and squirt it onto the railway!   :evil:  Will this short out the 3rd rail?!?!? :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: I've just ordered some Armoured Cable and an IP66 socket to give the power.

Sounds like you'll be searching out N gauge versions of Underground Ernie :smiley-laughing:

lesmond

Quote from: Tank on July 22, 2011, 11:00:39 AM
 :evil:  Will this short out the 3rd rail?!?!? :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Also on the list is to sand down and paint three external doors.  £22 for a tin of gloss paint. :o  Mind you, it is guarenteed for 7 years.... ;D

Could you make some arrangement of jump leads / transformers / crocodile clips and run your layout using 3rd rail power  :smiley-laughing:?
Might save you a few quid...

22 quid for a tin of paint?? Is there gold in it, or something?

lesmond

Quote from: newportnobby on July 21, 2011, 07:04:05 PM
Quote from: lesmond on July 21, 2011, 03:53:00 PM
Normal service is slowly being resumed - thanks to all for the support. I now owe loads of beer / tea / bacon butties.  :beers:

You are all lovely people, and I'm sorry for going off on one  :thumbsup:

Hi Lesmond - good to have you back :wave:   Please don't send the goodies by DHL. No one will ever see 'em :smiley-laughing:

We all need to blow off some steam now and then :A1Tornado:

City Link are another parcel of useless b******s.. the Angry Thread may be taking a hit over them soon.

Lawrence

Would that be the same city link who put a card through my door at 09:26 saying they had tried to deliver a parcel, then came back about 14:00 with said parcel because it wasn't actually on the van this morning, this after I had arranged a 50 mile round trip to their depot to collect it.

p.s.  said parcel contained a new graphics card for my pc, which, once installed, totally hung my pc.  Old one back in, phoned Misco they said bin it we will give you a refund :o

scotsoft

Quote from: Lawrence on July 22, 2011, 06:59:14 PM
after I had arranged a 50 mile round trip to their depot to collect it.

phoned Misco they said bin it we will give you a refund :o

Quite poetic - bin there, bin it  ::)

longbridge

Same as every Saturday, I am off to my mates second hand model railway shop for a yarn with a few friends, a couple of cups of tea and to spend a few $$$$$, couldn't think of a better way to spend a Saturday morning.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

lesmond

Quote from: Lawrence on July 22, 2011, 06:59:14 PM
Would that be the same city link who put a card through my door at 09:26 saying they had tried to deliver a parcel, then came back about 14:00 with said parcel because it wasn't actually on the van this morning, this after I had arranged a 50 mile round trip to their depot to collect it.

That would be them - wonderful, wonderful people, no matter which depot you have to deal with  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:.

They always locate them in the a***hole of nowhere too - even in a tiny place like N Ireland it takes almost an hour to get to from my office.

Lawrence

Quote from: oldrailbug on July 22, 2011, 08:19:01 PM
Same as every Saturday, I am off to my mates second hand model railway shop for a yarn with a few friends, a couple of cups of tea and to spend a few $$$$$, couldn't think of a better way to spend a Saturday morning.

I don't suppose he ever gets any Japanese stuff in does he?  Assuming your mate doesn't run the exorbitant Newhall Station store that is :o

longbridge

Hi Lawrence, at the moment he only has one loco which is a Baldwin 0-6-6-0 steam articulated loco that was built for Japanese Railways, I think narrow gauge but its been made in N gauge, Newhall sells it for about $460us he has it in perfect running order for $100au which I think is about 70 quid, if he gets anything else in I will let you know.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Quote from: lesmond on July 22, 2011, 08:31:34 PM

They always locate them in the a***hole of nowhere too - even in a tiny place like N Ireland it takes almost an hour to get to from my office.

Sounds more like Sh***ylink then ;D

Lawrence

Quote from: oldrailbug on July 22, 2011, 08:44:20 PM
Hi Lawrence, at the moment he only has one loco which is a Baldwin 0-6-6-0 steam articulated loco that was built for Japanese Railways, I think narrow gauge but its been made in N gauge, Newhall sells it for about $460us he has it in perfect running order for $100au which I think is about 70 quid, if he gets anything else in I will let you know.

Cheers Dave - anything electric or diesel may be of interest  :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations